Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Rock V.S. Punk Rock
Forums > Community Center > Music
ichigofan
OK So I was wondering what you guys prefer when it refers to the type of music you listen to mainly in the rock genre. It seems today most kids dont really care about the classics like The Clash, Doors, Hendrix and Zepplin which have influenced many of the new "rock" bands today like Green Day and Simple Plan. What is your opinion on this matter?? biggrin.gif
WhiteLotus*
The punk bands today aren't even punk. mellow.gif

I like alternative and classic and new age. I'll stick to that.
gOODpIRATE
i like a wide variety of music...like i would listen to the shins, then go listen to the vines. i like giving all sorts of bands a listen.
william
hands down it's britney spears.
Jorge
both rock my socks :)
ApocalypseAelis
QUOTE(WhiteLotus* @ Jun 27 2005, 9:23 PM)
The punk bands today aren't even punk.   mellow.gif
I like alternative and classic and new age. I'll stick to that.

What she said.

I'm not voting...I'm not crazy about classic rock or "punk" rock...practically none of them are punk, anyway...(Green Day and Simple Plan are alternative e_e)
yummy_delight
maybe there should be different choices on this poll. just because it's classic doesn't mean it's not punk and vice versa.

personally, i listen to both classic and modern rock. the old stuff has to be good in order to bridge the generation gap, so i stick with AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, The Clash, and the Sex Pistols. for contemporary stuff, i can listen listen to pretty much anything.
inthemudhole
I like both genres quite a bit, but I'll go with classic rock.
x Mo0
I prefer alternative, but classic pwns punk, definately.
Saeglopur
Whatever sounds good to me. Punk Rock today isn't punk..... anymore.
JlIaTMK
Neither >_<.

I'd even choose Britney Spears over.

Okay, maybe classic rock a little more but both are on my nitpick genres list.
heyyfrankie
ehhh. i don't really listen to either on a regular basis but if i chose one...it would probably be classic because i don't really like the so-called punk rock. rolleyes.gif
Heathasm
i deffinately prefer classic rock. its just better quality and sound over-all
racoons > you
to anyone who voted punk:

1) go listen to 'stairway to heaven'
2) bang your head against a wall
3) find a way to change your vote. any way.
Spirited Away
^Zeppelin is awesome.
angel-roh
Punk Rock... classical rock bores me sometimes. I rather listen to punk rock such as blink 182!!
Xx majuni xX
punk is dead...
but i don't care...these new bands aren't punk either! i don't know who poisoned these kids minds telling them that it is...
i like both classic and punk rock...why isn't there a both option up there?
i grew up listening to classic rock because my dad's always listening to that stuff.
but nowadays it's all about hardcore or emo...blah...i'll go in the other direction.
but i love all types of rock...
Weird addiction
punk rock...hot stuff
not_your_average
Classic pwns punk any day. Besides, real punk is dead.
rx_azngirl
PUUUUNK.
KMFDM_MDFMK
QUOTE(angel-roh @ Jun 30 2005, 12:08 AM)
Punk Rock... classical rock bores me sometimes. I rather listen to punk rock such as blink 182!!

^blink 182 is not punk. Anyways i like anarcho/oi punk. I also like classic rock.
CrackedRearView
Is this a joke?

Led Zeppelin? REO? Boston? The Doors?

What a lopsided question...
xcaitlinx
lmao. i love how the poll choices are "punk rock", "classic rock", and then ......." britney spears"!! that made me laugh. idk why.

anyway, i prefer new school...punk rock. some types of classical rock i like, but not most of it.
EddieV
BRITNEY SPEARS TOTALLY!

lol jk, I like both of these equally....
mipadi
QUOTE(CrackedRearView @ Jun 30 2005, 9:42 PM)
Is this a joke?

Led Zeppelin? REO? Boston? The Doors?

What a lopsided question...

Boston is such a great band! Is anyone else in love with the song "Amanda"? What a great piece of music!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.