Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: phil jackson re-joins the lakers as head coach.
Forums > Community Center > Music
Statistik
Phil Jackson is back in LA for the Lakers! this is what i really expected..i knew phil wasn't going to coach another team..but what do you guys think about phil jackson coming back to coach the lakers? will the lakers come back to winning games and making it to the finals? (this time without shaq) tongue.gif
HongKongDong
Its Phil's time, his chance to get all those critics of his back. People have always been nagging him that hes only great because hes been coaching the 2 best players [Jordan//Pippen]-[Kobe//Shaq]. he doesn't have that anymore and its his chance to show them all whats up. I really think Phil can turn the Lakers around and at least take them to the first round of the 6th seed next year but honestly... Im not expecting anyother championship just because Phil's back.
basick
did anyone catch Shaq's interview on ESPN?

Q: - do you think in the future you would ever possibly sit down and have a convo with kobe bryant?
A: - I'm not familiar with that name, i have alot of names in my head, that isnt one of them. I really dont know who that is...

lmfao...

remember this guys? http://img152.echo.cx/img152/9804/shaqlost3wx0cn.swf
shaq is a joker
Teesa
QUOTE(basick @ Jun 14 2005, 8:53 PM)
did anyone catch Shaq's interview on ESPN?

Q: - do you think in the future you would ever possibly sit down and have a convo with kobe bryant?
A: - I'm not familiar with that name, i have alot of names in my head, that isnt one of them. I really dont know who that is...
lmfao...

remember this guys? http://img152.echo.cx/img152/9804/shaqlost3wx0cn.swf
shaq is a joker

wow, are you serious? that is pretty funny laugh.gif

I'm excited for phil jackson to be back =] Even though I'm not a fan of the Lakers, I like Kobe and I think he will do better with Jackson there.
miss barnes
ehh- phil's back but, kobe cant do it by himself
biglamchops
they might win more games..no championship cuz they have no chapionship players.
malsnave
even if phil's here, without shaq, i bet lakers will only make it to the western conference semi-finals.
angelshortipnai
^ exactly wat i was gonna say...kobe isn't that good w/o shaq, u know? they're pretty good team mates, but happened to their friendship and crap? phil's gonna make em be better, but i'm not expecting ne champions at all
malsnave
^totally agree
HongKongDong
QUOTE(angelshortipnai @ Jun 21 2005, 12:36 AM)
^ exactly wat i was gonna say...kobe isn't that good w/o shaq, u know? they're pretty good team mates, but happened to their friendship and crap? phil's gonna make em be better, but i'm not expecting ne champions at all

Kobe doesn't need Shaq, Kobe needs a team that will cooperate with him and vice versa. The Shaq//Kobe combo will never return. What I really like, is the idea of Scottie Pippen comming in to personally coach Lamar Odom. Maybe we'll have something there...
KrunkMuzik
Blah, you really don't know when to believe atheletes and coaches when they announce their retirement...oh well. Phil's great. Helped the Bulls alot. But I think he's better off staying at home. But I really don't care, the Lakers is the last team I wanna hear about. Specially that ....what's his name......Im not quite familar with that name, oh yeah, K...K...Kobe? I think that's his name.
HongKongDong
QUOTE(Krunk_Muzik @ Jun 26 2005, 11:04 PM)
Blah, you really don't know when to believe atheletes and coaches when they announce their retirement...oh well. Phil's great. Helped the Bulls alot. But I think he's better off staying at home. But I really don't care, the Lakers is the last team I wanna hear about. Specially that ....what's his name......Im not quite familar with that name, oh yeah, K...K...Kobe? I think that's his name.

hhahaha that was funny... but of course... everybody hates greatness biggrin.gif
BiGdRaGoN31
i think the lakers will do better this season but they not goin to da finals, kobe cant do it without another super star on da team, da lakers r horrible, phil will help them though
HongKongDong
QUOTE(BiGdRaGoN31 @ Jun 27 2005, 7:36 AM)
i think the lakers will do better this season but they not goin to da finals, kobe cant do it without another super star on da team, da lakers r horrible, phil will help them though

Foo', we have our other "superstar" with Scottie comming as assitant coach helping out Lamar Odom, its done... we have the Pippen//Jordan combo of our time (Odom//Bryant)
squeegizzle
QUOTE(Funky Buddha @ Jun 27 2005, 8:37 AM)
Foo', we have our other "superstar" with Scottie comming as assitant coach helping out Lamar Odom, its done... we have the Pippen//Jordan combo of our time (Odom//Bryant)

how are u comparing scottie pippen to lamar odom......odom sucks...... there are so many better combos......jason kidd and vincer carter......paul pierce and walker.....steve nash and amare.......ill be surprised if lakers make 500 let alone the playoffs
illumineering
It's obvious Jerry Buss made a bad move dealing Shaq and keeping Kobe. Sure the guy has undeniable skills, but his attitude is pooh.gif He couldn't carry the team because his presence doesn't unify people. His attitude is too cocky and bitchy. Phil's return will help. He can use all of his meditiation skills to pray to God for another big man in the middle.
CrackedRearView
QUOTE(illumineering @ Jul 13 2005, 8:08 PM)
It's obvious Jerry Buss made a bad move dealing Shaq and keeping Kobe.  Sure the guy has undeniable skills, but his attitude is pooh.gif  He couldn't carry the team because his presence doesn't unify people.  His attitude is too cocky and bitchy.  Phil's return will help.  He can use all of his meditiation skills to pray to God for another big man in the middle.

Bullshit. If being the #3 scorer in the league can't carry a team, then the team doesn't deserve to be carried.

I'm f**king tired of everyone hating on Kobe Bryant.

Go Lakers!
ichiban
even with pjax back the lakers arent going to be winning a championship for a couple of seasons. but anyway itll be fun watching :)
illumineering
QUOTE(CrackedRearView @ Jul 14 2005, 9:05 AM)
Bullshit.  If being the #3 scorer in the league can't carry a team, then the team doesn't deserve to be carried.

I'm f**king tired of everyone hating on Kobe Bryant.

Go Lakers!

He might have good individual stats, but his leadership skills suck. I'm not dissing the guy's skills. All I'm saying is he's too immature to unify any team.
HongKongDong
QUOTE(ichiban @ Jul 15 2005, 3:08 PM)
even with pjax back the lakers arent going to be winning a championship for a couple of seasons. but anyway itll be fun watching :)

QUOTE(illumineering @ Jul 17 2005, 12:38 AM)
He might have good individual stats, but his leadership skills suck.  I'm not dissing the guy's skills.  All I'm saying is he's too immature to unify any team.

It makes me wonder if you guys know absolutely anything about basketball.

Kobe? Not a team leader? He makes great chemistry with the team he just does more than the team will.

I swear the guy CAN NOT win. before when he was scoring 40+ nobody complained, everybody loved the guy, now all people do is f**kin' complain and blame him for the downfall of the lakers this year. Kobe can dish the ball, he can get it together with his teammates, but thats exactly it... its THE TEAM that isn't performing, its not Kobe himself not having "good leadership skills." Walton, easy layup, passes it back to an unsuspecting Bryant, wtf was that?!

Don't completely blame it on him, there were other players on the team that wanted to just hog the ball as well, like say oh... Chucky Crapkins
HongKongDong
QUOTE(ichiban @ Jul 15 2005, 3:08 PM)

QUOTE(illumineering @ Jul 17 2005, 12:38 AM)
He might have good individual stats, but his leadership skills suck.  I'm not dissing the guy's skills.  All I'm saying is he's too immature to unify any team.

It makes me wonder if you guys know absolutely anything about basketball.

Kobe? Not a team leader? He makes great chemistry with the team he just does more than the team will.

I swear #8 CAN NOT win. before when he was scoring 40+ nobody complained, everybody loved the guy, now all people do is f**kin' complain and blame him for the downfall of the lakers this year. Kobe can dish the ball, he can get it together with his teammates, but thats exactly it... its THE TEAM that isn't performing, its not Kobe himself not having "good leadership skills." Walton, easy layup, passes it back to an unsuspecting Bryant, wtf was that?!

Don't completely blame it on him, there were other players on the team that wanted to just hog the ball as well, like say oh... Chucky Crapkins.

Last year's Lakers, I'd say it was more of players perhaps being given their roles and those players not being willing enough to respond accordingly or just a disorganized offense altogether. Watching the lakers this year, I saw Kobe getting the ball, alot of times creating shots for other players (Odom/Butler in particular) and those players passing him back the ball near the end of the shotclock. You watch those same players without Kobe in the line-up, and they're playing like it was THEIR team and not Kobe's. They need to play like that when Kobe's on the floor. I'm sure he wants his 20-25 shot attempts a game, but there's room for others to make shots.
illumineering
I'm not talking about his skills as I said before. He's immature as a person. His actions and behaviors are distracting to the team. He's nothing like Jordan or Magic were. Those guys handled their business and unified their teams.

It's cool if you like him. I respect his ability, but think he's completely incapable of demonstrating the non-statistical qualities of a true motivating presence. He'll never fill the leadership role the way Jordan did. The maturity of a person is just as important as his abilities. Just ask the Yankees.

Funky Buddah you did an excellent job on your sig banner. It looks great.
RiC3xBoy
Kobe Bryant is no a doubt a very good player but no shaq = no champ.
HongKongDong
QUOTE(RiC3xBoy @ Jul 20 2005, 8:46 PM)
Kobe Bryant is no a doubt a very good player but no shaq = no champ.

OMG, another ignorant little punk that thinks Kobe needs Shaq...

Check this..

(Just made it xD)
Bynum's and Turiaf's performance in the summer league is exceptionally good, way past my expectations. And we just acquired brown, Jpax has a hella good rec of bringing up whack stubborn guys. If you think its a big man Kb8 needs, hes got 'em.
illumineering
QUOTE(Funky Buddha @ Jul 20 2005, 11:44 PM)

Check this..

(Just made it xD)
Bynum's and Turiaf's performance in the summer league is exceptionally good, way past my expectations. And we just acquired brown, Jpax has a hella good rec of bringing up whack stubborn guys. If you think its a big man Kb8 needs, hes got 'em.

Excellent work again! I checked out your myspace...OMFG that is best one I've seen! Looks like you got some serious bandwidth in there. Good job. showoff.gif
demolished
wow. he remain loyal to his team. that's special.
RiC3xBoy
QUOTE(Funky Buddha @ Jul 20 2005, 8:44 PM)

Check this..

(Just made it xD)

When did I ever say that Kobe needs Shaq? I simply infered that Kobe could not win a championship without Shaq but Shaq can. On the other hand, I didn't know about Bynum and Turiaf so its a whole new story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.