Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Britney spears for president
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MeanBastard
With Bush’s approval rating below 50% since literally a week after he was elected, America should consider who we really want to be the leader of the United States of America and the leader of the free world.

We need a special person, who is talented and skilled with people. Someone who can communicate through various mediums, and do it with style. We need Britney Spears.

Britney is more than qualified to be president of our country.
She is a self made individual, and she knows how to work with money. Her estimated net worth is 60 million dollars, which she has made through her music, advertising, and other lucrative business deals. She has her own source of income and will never bow to special interest groups.

Britney is a role model to millions of teenage girls… and boys. I can think of no better way to inspire young people to get involved in politics, than having a pop icon like Britney Spears become president. It would be proof of the American dream… that hard work and motivation can take you anywhere.

In fact, she has already alluded to her aspirations to leave the entertainment industry, and go elsewhere. In her song “Brave New Girl” she sings,

“She’s gonna pack her bags
She’s gonna find her way
She’s gonna get right out of this
She don’t want New York
She don’t want L.A.”

Maybe Britney wants Washington, D.C.?

Now you can see that Britney is qualified to be President of the United States, but where does she stand on the major issues of this election?

There is no hiding that a lot is at stake. The winner will determine what stance our country takes in a number of big issues. Among these that I will touch on, are: Civil Rights, Corporations, Drugs, Education, Families, Foreign Policy, Government Reform, Homeland Security, Jobs, Principles and Values, and Technology.

· First, Civil Rights. Britney is blind to color, creed, religion, and especially sexual orientation, as evident by her kiss with Madonna, at the 2003 MTV Music Video Awards. It is obvious that she accepts people from all walks of life, and will never judge someone based on the way they look, worship or love.

· Corporations offer jobs and benefits to millions of workers. Like most republicans, Britney feels it is fair to reap the benefits of hard work. As such, the leaders of corporations – or entertainment empires – are entitled to keep what they earn. The proof is in the pudding when it comes to Britney and big business. In addition to being an entire media phenomenon herself, she has famously advertised her love for “the joy of Pepsi.” However, realizing the importance of giving back to those in need, it is doubtful that Britney would institute tax cuts for the wealth.

· In her song Toxic, Britney alludes to partaking in drug use. It is obvious that she feels drug addiction is powerful and difficult to break free from, though she admits to enjoying it. However, knowing that not all people share her feelings, in the song she sings “you should wear a warning, it’s dangerous”. This shows that Britney is both open minded to consenting adults making their own decisions, but also acknowledges that drugs are dangerous, and can cause harm.

· Britney is aware of the importance of setting educational goals – and that no obstacles should be presented for any child. She would bring back music programs that have been stripped from many schools around the country due to budget cuts.

After all, without an education Britney would have never been able to create the well written, articulate and insightful songs she sings.

· Recently becoming a family woman herself, she understands the important role family plays in life. Her new husband Kevin Federline has two children from a previous relationship. But that hasn’t stopped her from taking in these children with open arms and caring for them as her own. This shows that she strongly values the bonds of family, and believes children should always have a safe home where both parents can give them the love and affection they deserve.

· Britney has strong feelings about foreign policy.

Recent international politics have left America in a very difficult situation with no easy way out. Other than depending on ourselves and our short list of allies, we have very limited help from the world around us.

Misses Spears doesn’t believe this is the way America should be. In her song “Baby one more time” she sings

“My loneliness is killing me.
I must confess I still believe.
When I’m not with you, I lose my mind.
Give me a sign.
Hit me baby one more time”.

These lyrics aren’t just about a lost love… they go deeper, in representing the way she feels about America, and our foreign friends. The once strong bonds we had with countries around the world have been decimated, and Britney wants them back, however she states that she wants them to give us a sign – She will not sacrifice the integrity of the United States, and make us beg for alliances.

Instead, she will depend on her bubbly personality, and wonderful voice to sing ballads at U.N. summits, about lost love, hopefully convincing our friends to rebuild the burnt bridges.

· Government Reform is another major issue.

In terms of partisanship, the country is more polarized today than it has been before any other Presidential election. Britney sings “I’m a slave for you”, proclaiming her dedication and servitude to representing the American people, and not getting caught up in partisan issues. She will do what is right for the people of the country, and not what makes senators and congressman happy. In doing so, she will lead the Senate and House, not as two parties, but as a single nation.

· Homeland Security has never been more important, and Britney Spears hasn’t shied away from that either.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson, Britney is quoted as saying "Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that." From this, we can conclude that Britney supports President Bush’s moves in Iraq and Afghanistan, to protect the security of the American people.

Britney would take a proactive stance in insuring the security of Americans. Her plans for battling terror include launching campaigns in potential terrorist countries, where our military would air drop CD’s with pro-American propaganda sung by Britney. This would cause possible America haters to fall in love with Spears, defeating terrorism with the best weapon yet – love.

· In her song “Lucky”, she sings about waking up early in the morning, to get started with work. Britney has a strong work ethic, and believes that every person should earn their keep, through a hard days work.
By simply being a hard working entertainer, she herself has created thousands of jobs. Someone has to set up those stages, design her costumes, do her makeup, coordinate security, drive her limo, perform back-up dances, and clean up the immense post-concert mess made by her fans. Now think of how many jobs she could create by actually TRYING TO DO SO!

Britney is also against outsourcing of American jobs to foreign countries. She practices what she preaches, by having all of her clothing custom made for her, by trendy New York fashion designers, and never purchasing clothing made in overseas sweat shops.

· Her principles and values are uncorrupted by the politics and money of Washington D.C. Going directly into the most powerful office in the world, she would have an innocent and objective view of government. However, don’t take her as easy prey for lobbyists and special interest groups. In her song “Oops I did it again”, she warns those people, “I’m not that innocent” showing that she will not be easily bought.

· Britney was an early adopter of advances in communications technology. Quoted from her song “E-mail my heart”:

“E-mail my heart
And say our love will never die
I know you're out there
And I know that you still care
E-mail me back and say our love will stay alive
Forever...e-mail my heart”

You can see that she embraces using technology to convey a key part of being human – the emotion of love. Her willingness to do so demonstrates that she will support the use of technology, even for controversial issues, such as stem cell research and cloning. Why cloning? The world could only be a better place, if there were more Britney Spears.

Now that you have seen where Britney stands on the issues, let me tell you what she has to offer, that Bush and Kerry do not.

George Bush has a notorious history of not admitting to making mistakes and is seemingly incapable of changing his mind. Britney is open-minded and not afraid to admit to making a mistake. However, she is not against commitment. Britney has been married twice. Her first ended in divorce, showing that she can take responsibility for her actions, and knows when those actions were wrong. Her second was made with a clear mind, and marrying one of her back up dancers clearly demonstrates that she will follow her heart, regardless of what anybody else says.

John Kerry has been labeled a flip flopper by the Republicans, for constantly changing his mind on issue after issue. Britney, on the other hand, has never really written a song that strays from the theme of love. This demonstrates that she can stick with a position and continue to do so, even if she has to release four different albums, all about that same thing.

Sure, the politicians in Washington would love for us to let someone with years of experience in business and politics run the country, but is that really what you want? Wouldn’t you rather have a spunky 20 something from Louisiana, who can sing, dance and has excellent fashion sense run the country?

I know I would.
Azarel
Pft, heck no.
Should be in Entertainment?
basick
i almost read the whole first paragraph.
mzkandi
HAHAHAHAHA...Like oh my godz, Britney should like, totally be prezident... rolleyes.gif

That was an entertaining read.

edit// you guys should really read the whole thing. Its amusing.
lolthissiteisfunny
QUOTE(basick @ May 30 2005, 6:32 PM)

haha, same

ew. so not. anyone dumb enough to go in a public restroom barefoot, should be punished, not rewarded.
Teesa
QUOTE(basick @ May 30 2005, 7:32 PM)

haha I read only the first couple sentences.
krnxswat
Nope. She's a woman.

I'm just kidding, kiddos. Relax.
EmmalieV
I read 2 paragraphs , you all got PWNED!

anyways ,

well maybe she will do better then bush =P .
hiromi
*snort* I wouldn't vote for her anyway.
Rachel
I stopped at the title.
stephinika
bush sucks but yeah i don't think i'd stoop that low...i almost read the first paragraph too, i stopped after halfway or so...
Azarel
laugh.gif You took out the bold! Hahaha. I was joking when I said that's why we didn't read it. mellow.gif We just don't like reading long things.
mouse_3k
She would be a TERRIBLE president. shes already a bad enough singer, why president. she probably dont even know how the tax system works. I say HELL NO
emazing
What is the world coming to. (=
beautifuls0ul_x3
i didn't read it cause NOTHING is going to convince me that she would be a good president. so yea u get my point...
basick
(hey guys i read the whole thing, its pretty funny...)
lol @ everyone whos taking this serious
beautifuls0ul_x3
QUOTE(basick @ May 30 2005, 6:55 PM)
(hey guys i read the whole thing, its pretty funny...)
lol @ everyone whos taking this serious

lol i know i just read it too...turned out better than i expected but i still don't think i want britney spears or bush, i think i should be president! hahaha j/p
yummy_delight
i actually read the whole thing. funny stuff. =] and quite convincing as well.
whomps
Depends on who she would be running against.
lilliannnn
yeah.. that would be cool.

HAHAH YEAH OKAY.
pshh.. she wishes.
xXYouMeBedNowXx
I needed a good laugh. For both my "hate-of-pop-culture" and "bush-sucks" sides.
lolthissiteisfunny
haha I went back and read it. If you actually took all the reasoning seriously, it's kinda fun. soo funny.

PS- love the people getting all serious about it. good times..
toodlepops.
I only read half of it but I think I get the point.
Britney Spears as president? That'll be really weird.
W/e I don't even live in the States. =D
KELLYYY
I stopped reading the first post halfway.. that took me a while..

Britney for president? Nuh uh. I don't think so.
krnxswat
QUOTE(saMieRa @ May 30 2005, 8:30 PM)

Yes, and good to know you're cognizant of the fact of the possibility of affecting your country.
vampireduster
NO!
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(xxcrazyjewxx @ May 30 2005, 7:48 PM)
I stopped at the title.

me too. she will never be president! >:O
i am moving this to entertainment because it is about a celebrity.

TOPIC MOVED TO ENTERTAINMENT
loljuliana
haha i read the whole thing. i would never vote for her though. that would be creepy.
azn_r4pf4n
QUOTE(saMieRa @ May 30 2005, 5:30 PM)
I only read half of it but I think I get the point.
Britney Spears as president? That'll be really weird.

yeah so did i. it was pretty entertaining. did u write this btw?
azn_r4pf4n
*whoops double post*
laur3nw
Britney Spears as president? It's ok...
crazeegirl411
Read at least half of it, people...

I like the sound of that. You have convinced me. Go Britney!...........
danishcookiez
QUOTE(th5418 @ May 30 2005, 8:23 PM)
[font=tahoma]John Kerry has been labeled a flip flopper by the Republicans, for constantly changing his mind on issue after issue. Britney, on the other hand, has never really written a song that strays from the theme of love. This demonstrates that she can stick with a position and continue to do so, even if she has to release four different albums, all about that same thing.
font]

LOL... oh wow... this is quite amusing..
strwbrysensatns
QUOTE(basick @ May 30 2005, 7:32 PM)

ha same here. No way id vote for brit. sorry. and i think pres.bush rocks! He's awesome.
ItzOnlySydney
hahaha no way. sorry but i hardl think she is fit to be a pop singer much less a mother and much much much much less to be president.

btw i read the title. i didn't read any other the paragraphs because i am so LAZY! tongue.gif
Skyline Drive
QUOTE(xxcrazyjewxx @ May 30 2005, 8:48 PM)
I stopped at the title.

Same here.
wacko.gif
misoshiru
never ever. she'd probably destroy the world by accident.
Weird addiction
I don't really care about the states because i don't live there BUT are you crazy? britney for president? What example are u giving to little children? Ha!
Saeglopur
That would be the day ..... yup.
racoons > you
well.. why not?

i mean, shes a nice enough person, and she would have advice to stop her pushing the shiny buttons and blowing things up... at least her hearts in the right place, which in and of itself is a nice change
Domonic
QUOTE(MarchHare2UrAlice @ May 31 2005, 2:38 PM)
well.. why not?

i mean, shes a nice enough person, and she would have advice to stop her pushing the shiny buttons and blowing things up... at least her hearts in the right place, which in and of itself is a nice change

There are alot of people with their hearts in the right place. Why Brittany Spears? Why not some hobo? On the other hand, she might be better than Bush....
racoons > you
because she amuses me...

i would like a president who can make me smile
Weird addiction
James?? Britney for president? is like picking a random 12 yr old and saying "will you be our president?". She's so not the president type.
glit_gal
all i can say is that i'm speechless......if you seriously took time out of your life to right that than you are one pathetic person.
shortiiex
psh...she isn't a very good role model
-makes out with Madonna on VMA
-walks barefoot into public bathrooms
-too sexually for America
-flips "birds"
angel-roh
That's a lot...... But I only read like 14 paragraphs...

But stopped...because I'm not really interest in Britney Spears to be a main president of the U.S.

I don't think she can handle all the wars that is going around. I thinks he can handle some politics, but not all. She seems more of the Music and entertainment. Not politics.

I would choose Jennifer Lopez as a president even though I don't have the reasons why she should be a president. But she just looks like that kind of girl.

I just wish that there will be male presidents and female president. So they vote for a male president and a female president!!! that would be so cool! so it wont be just a male!! hehe
dani41790
Lol no ways. Reason being is that I just don't like her.
ichigofan
wow long post... britney is fun to listen to like a monkey almost
Tung
i guess anyone is better than bush =\ even britney
salcha
Hah, no.
Have you seen Seon Ho's signature? o_o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.