Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question about DIVS
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
ChasingLife87
I'm really baffled by Divs and Firefox and the combination thereof. blink.gif I really like looking through the layouts and skins for Xanga... checking every working preview. Also, the new section for showing off your website (very cool, cB!!). A lot of the time when I pull up the preview, FireFox (I hate IE) will totally mess up the div positions.

One on top of the other, in totally random places, or just piled up in the middle of the screen. Horrible. But I've heard that FF hates divs, and I'm okay with that. If I really want to see it, I'll sigh a bit and pull up my IE (and dig myself out of a ton of pop-ups).

But sometimes the divs work. Everything will line up perfectly. And it's not like the div was supposed to be in the middle of the screen anyway, so it messed it up correctly.

Is there some sort of html quirk that causes divs to be different? If so, please let me know _smile.gif because I want others with FF to be able to see my div layouts!!!

Thanks rolleyes.gif
Pulchritude
nope there no div codes that are different for firefox and IE.. all i can say is that firefox and Ie handle javascripts differenly.. so its hard to look at it the same way.. like i previewed my xanga in firefox it was mis-alighned and in Ie it looked perfectly fine. ermm.gif
ChasingLife87
I think I understand that.... but is there some different attribute that makes divs okay in FF? Because I've been to some sites where the divs AREN'T misaligned and it's in FF.

One day I'll get this webdesign straight.

Until then? Createblog! LOL
lovescream
hm, if you think IE gives you lots of pop-ups, get a pop-up blocker. mine works well, i'm getting no pop-ups.

anyways, about the DIVs, I heard that if you code it in FF it'll work correctly in IE.
Pulchritude
QUOTE(ChasingLife87 @ Apr 23 2005, 10:08 PM)
I think I understand that.... but is there some different attribute that makes divs okay in FF? Because I've been to some sites where the divs AREN'T misaligned and it's in FF.

One day I'll get this webdesign straight.

Until then? Createblog! LOL

uhh try coding your layout in firefox then? it should work if you code it on firefox but it may come out funny on IE huh.gif but Im not sure cause i barely see alighned skins when i use Firefox

edit//

Toby said it before me! haha yea i agree with her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.