Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sucky picture quality from MS PAINT.
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
gOODpIRATE
i think that it's pretty obvious that MS Paint has the worst picture quality there is. for example, my signature, and the skin that i made for my xanga [click here to take a look]. is there any way to get good picture quality with MS Paint, or am i pretty much screwed?

ps. i know many people say get paint shop pro and anything like it, but the source of this problemo is that i'm not sure if i want to fork up that much $$$ for it, so i'm trying to make the most of what i got, get what i'm saying?
JC4P
just get Paint.Net
Pulchritude
i recommend getting photoshop or paint shop pro.. the quality is way better

free trials

photoshop- http://www.adobe.com

paint shop pro- http://www.jasc.com

_smile.gif
EXPLO5ION
I don't think there is really anything you can do to improve the quality of the pictures for paint.
Pulchritude
QUOTE(simplicityxx @ Apr 21 2005, 8:18 PM)
I don't think there is really anything you can do to improve the quality of the pictures for paint.

yea there is i use Jasc photo albulm its really good for making your images really good... Or you could buy digital image pro. you can make your images quality better byt smoothing it and adjusting the brightness/contrast of the image _smile.gif
daonlylonely1
YOU COULD DOWNLOAD PAINTSHOP PRO AND GET A PATCHER..SO THEN IT LASTS FOREVER! AND IT HAS PRETTY GOOD QUALITY...
lovescream
MS. paint is not bad quality. you just saved it the wrong type of image file thing. I used to use ms. paint and it rocked my socks. k.
just save it as a PNG, or something. changing it to a GIF will make it look dotty, changing to a JPEG will make it look like bad image quality. when you press 'save as' and not even touch the image file thing (keep it as BMP and dont touch it) it should save it as a BMP and look just fine.

-Moved to Webdesign.
largosama
always try .gif first; usually simpler colors will save nicely as .gif
if not, .png will do... but those layouts really annoy me when the images are big
do0kie
like evryone else said,just save as .png,thats what i do when i use paint,and my images end up having good quality
gOODpIRATE
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT!!!! .PNG WORKS GOOD. THANKS YOU GUYS.

YOU CAN CLOSE THIS NOW IF YOU WISH.
whomps
QUOTE(gOODpIRATE @ Apr 23 2005, 12:42 PM)
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT!!!! .PNG WORKS GOOD. THANKS YOU GUYS.
YOU CAN CLOSE THIS NOW IF YOU WISH.

Topic Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.