Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ska bands
Forums > Community Center > Music
antix10_kos
I don't know a lot about ska...not really anything. If anyone around here is a ska fan or knows anything about ska, tell my your favorite bands and/or songs. I'm trying to make a ska mix for a friend of mine so all and any help is appreciated.

biggrin.gif
KissMe2408
hm, i've heard alot about ska. I'm not a big fan or anything, the only really big ska band i heard of was OC Supertones. Ska, has brass instruments and all in it, so it has this unique sound to them. I think they are good, but i dont know alot of bands lol.
Kathleen
Ska...is a mix of rock and reggae. I'm only into Ska Bands like Chad Fell Down, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish. You can always Google it. wink.gif
inthemudhole
Reel Big Fish is a great example.
It's rock with a brassline...Usually trumpets and trombones. It's usually pretty upbeat.
I like it.

Go to purevolume.com and search for ska bands if you want to hear something.
Turnuptheska.com is an online ska radio.
DanielleMaria05
SKA?? I 've never ever heard of that. Let alone know what it is. Gosh. I need to get out of Ohio. Its killing me. LOL
inthemudhole
QUOTE(DanielleMaria05 @ Apr 20 2005, 8:46 PM)
SKA?? I 've never ever heard of that. Let alone know what it is. Gosh. I need to get out of Ohio. Its killing me. LOL

Well...Read the previous replies. We explained what ska is and also gave examples. mellow.gif
Rachel
Educate yourself!

Actually, I am just too lazy to right now.

<will edit maybe later>
sm0kinm0nky
Ska is bascially rock music with horns - most likely - trumpet, trombone, sax

ska bands: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Catch 22, Fishbone, Streetlight Manifesto, One Cool Guy, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake
Tribal J_Rome
my friend told me to listen to the rx bandits, they're pretty good
mipadi
QUOTE(sm0kinm0nky @ Nov 8 2005, 11:14 PM)
Ska is bascially rock music with horns - most likely - trumpet, trombone, sax

ska bands: Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Catch 22, Fishbone, Streetlight Manifesto, One Cool Guy, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake

It's really more of a fusion of reggae, rhythm and blues, and jazz, although the "ska" of today (which is better classified as "ska punk") is akin to rock music.
sadolakced acid
rock with brass.

that's what i see it as.
DisneyPrincessKate
i got my mom into ska cool.gif
i want to take her to a ska show

in the mean time, you should check out Save Ferris and 33 West
www.myspace.com/33west
they're really nice people, i dont know if Save Ferris is on myspace or purevolume, but you can check
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.