Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: teacher has a crush on me
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
heya
i think my math teacher has a major thing for me... ever since the beginning of the year when i first met him i always felt like he was staring at me. as i got to get to know him a little better he's been increasingly interested in every little thing i do and loves to pick on me and tease me in and outside of class. i think he's in his 30s and i'm 16. he's not a pervert or anything and he would never even think about going any further than a little harmless flirting but from the way he acts towards me i think he thinks that some sort of relationship could come out of it. should i confront him or what?

ok i just made him sound like some pedaphile, he's actually a pretty decent guy who's pretty professional but it just so happens that he's developed an interest in me... definitely wont make any moves b/c he knows better than that.
iheartsimba
Moved to Relationships.

That's really scary..I'd try to keep my distance..not confront until I'm getting positive...make sur eit's not your imagionation.

But who knows, because if he really is it COULD go further. So if he says anything inappropriate you might want to ask him to back off or something, because something could happen..
iwannakisshim
WOW. That's kinda...sick.
Nicolatofu
That's a little weird. Well, have you seen him do this to other girls? If it makes you uncomfortable, then it's a good idea to talk to him privately about it. If it continues, or if he ever tries to do anything, make sure you report it ASAP. You never know what may happen.
sammi rules you
you should probably talk to your parents or the guidance counselor about that. he may not be a pervert right now, but he could end up being one if this continues.
actionrobot_go
What are your feelings toward him?
heyyfrankie
i don't think you confron him before than he could get offended and then start to hate you. do what sammi said and talk to some like your parents or some other adult at the school. i am sorry to hear that. good luck! flowers.gif
cHuNsAbAbIe012
that's not a big deal really. my boyfriend knows a guy who was in his social studies class in sophomore year n he went all the way with their substitute for that class. they had her as a teacher for a while. he thought she was really hot n...yea...everyone who knew about it didnt really care. i dont think u have n e thing to worry about. i dont think he'll do n e thing to u unless u want him to but...dont confront him if u dotn want n e thing to happen. but remember he could get in big trouble if n e thing happens.
vampireduster
QUOTE(iheartsimba @ Apr 18 2005, 5:05 PM)
Moved to Relationships.

That's really scary..I'd try to keep my distance..not confront until I'm getting positive...make sur eit's not your imagionation.

But who knows, because if he really is it COULD go further. So if he says anything inappropriate you might want to ask him to back off or something, because something could happen..

i agreee
icy_angelx
I say you should just like be a little friendly...here and there but not toooo much or he'll get the same feeling and he'll sort of think that ...yea....but then he might not really like you in that way and have to talk to you...So I'm just saying be a little friendly
Ington
What the hell. If he's not going to make a move, who cares? Everyone is attracted to something. He doesn't like you, but he's attracted. You can't control that. He doesn't seem like a pedophile to me.

How does he flirt?
heya
QUOTE(actionrobot_go @ Apr 18 2005, 7:10 PM)
What are your feelings toward him?

believe it or not i'd actually give him a shot if he were my age or vice versa it's just the age difference and the fact that he's my teacher that leaves me blank as to what i should do
FoOd
Is he hot...? laugh.gif Ha ha, ok lets get to business.

I would try to make sure he is interested in you that way. Because if he actually isn't and you report about it, you'll have something bad coming afterwards.
heya
QUOTE(ermfermoo @ Apr 18 2005, 7:38 PM)
What the hell. If he's not going to make a move, who cares? Everyone is attracted to something. He doesn't like you, but he's attracted. You can't control that. He doesn't seem like a pedophile to me.

How does he flirt?

it's obvious to me that he wants to keep it on the down low b/c he's aware of the situation himself but sometimes he can't help but tease me and shows a great amt of interest in my hobbies or gives me a lot of attention by initiating a lot of convos with me... like i said b4, pretty harmless, not accusing him of being a pedophile which is where a lot of the ppl replying are taking this in the direction of
yeseulx3
i say leave him alone for the time being, but if he makes any moves or says anything that makes you feel uncomfortable...
go to an adult right away, before the situation gets any worse.
rockbass60
thatd b funny if he was on this site

but ne ways
i have friends that talk to my teachers all the time and make relationships with them, i try to avoid that just in case, so i would not talk to him anymore outside the class unless its extremely important, then bring some friends with you....and he might have a girlfriend, ask one of your guy friends to ask him
dani41790
err i dont think you should say anything unless he does some form of harassment to you..
freeflow
i was say keep your distance from him i mean im not saying make sure you never see him all day but i mean dont be hanging around him to much and if he ever does something that you know or think shouldnt be done then you need to jus tbe like you need to back off your tell someone or do something .
HoodieObsessed
QUOTE(XKali_chik_4_lifeX @ Apr 18 2005, 3:07 PM)
That's a little weird. Well, have you seen him do this to other girls? If it makes you uncomfortable, then it's a good idea to talk to him privately about it. If it continues, or if he ever tries to do anything, make sure you report it ASAP. You never know what may happen.

I agree. He might jsut like flirting with you an stuff and mayeb he's sjtu a really nice guy but if he tries to go any further than I would get a little more worried ermm.gif
reflection
post deleted
sammi rules you
QUOTE(heya @ Apr 18 2005, 5:55 PM)
it's obvious to me that he wants to keep it on the down low b/c he's aware of the situation himself but sometimes he can't help but tease me and shows a great amt of interest in my hobbies or gives me a lot of attention by initiating a lot of convos with me... like i said b4, pretty harmless, not accusing him of being a pedophile which is where a lot of the ppl replying are taking this in the direction of

well..he's just being a nice teacher. i actually enjoy when teachers are more like friends. there's a new teacher in my school and he's pretty nice to everyone..he's young too, so he's more like our equal than some of the other teachers. we relate to him a lot better. in fact, all of my favorite teachers are more like my friends.

i don't think from what you described it would lead to anything or even is anything. i think he's just being nice.
Paradox of Life
^She's 16 and around this teacher a lot. I think she can tell if he's feeling a bit more than friend. But it's really unlikely, I mean that's just wrong. One of the assistant principals at our school was accused to be a pedophile because he always sat with the girls at lunch and flirted with them. He's only 23 or so.. Ugh, it's disgusting, but people don't care.
If your teacher's not harming you in any way, it shouldn't really matter, but if it's really making you uncomfortable, talk about it with your parents. At their next parent/teacher conference or something, you/they could talk to him about it. Try to be as polite as possible in confronting him. Sounds like a pretty sensitive issue. ermm.gif
sammi rules you
well, if she's never had a teacher who's this friendly, it might feel weird. she might just not be used to having teachers who are also friends..

but from what i quoted, it sounds like he's just trying to have more of a person-person relationship with his students rather than a teacher-student relationship, which i think is actually better. i like my classes better when i can relate and talk to the teacher.
fameONE
Google: Mary Kay and Vilo

Seduce him.

Just kidding! Do you think that you may be blowing this out of context and letting your imagination run wild?
mzkandi
Meh...You'll be legal in two years.....
You may be wrong about him, maybe he actually is being friendly or maybe not...who knows. You should take up on your own suggestion and confront him about the situation but it would be akward if he denies what you suspect.
Lightner
be careful for what you do. If he doesnt anything to you he can get in trouble, you are not of legal age. His job is on the line for flirting with you. Confront him telling him u dont want him to act like the way he has been for the last (however long its been). This could get scary if he keep liking you, then asks you out to dinner. Confront him.
Bobblehead425
i agree with ermfermoo... maybe he doesnt like you but is still attracted to you. i wouldnt confront him about it because you may be thinking the wrong thing and that would be kinda embarassing
megan_x3
woah .. a teachher ..
if he makes any moves on you that makes you feel uncomfortable in anyways, you should report it to your counselor or anyone that you see as an adult. because teachers arent suppose have a relationship with their student. just be aware of what will happen later..
sweetdreamsx3
Don't confront him about it unless you really know for sure. I think that's pretty creepy...
mocassinsx29
Is he hot? o_o *COUGH*
Wellll, I don't think you should confront him because IMO I think it'll just blow into a huge deal. Let him flirt but don't act like you like it back...
My SS teacher flirts with all the girls, he's really creepy.
enyceXaddiction
thats SCARY. ehh i dont know what you should do i mean you could be one of his favorite students or somehting but then again im not sure.
iNyCxShoRT
Hmm...that is pretty creepy. Maybe he finds you interesting, and finds you one of the people he can kid with and be friends with. But how do you feel about him o_o;
Se7eN_x
my parents would freak out if that happened to me >.< well i definitely wouldn't consider going with a guy who's a teacher to me..well it's june isn't it so classes would end pretty soon and you won't have to see him anymore right? ..well what are YOUR feelings about him? if he's a pretty good guy to you then maybe you should give it a shot? =\ good luck
jooleeah
Just keep your distance and make sure he doesn't do anything farther than what he's been doing.

It might not be that bad though.
xlaydee_v
eww., that's scary. try not to engage in eye contact lols. and keep your distance
Abercrombie77
If you feel violated, stand up for yourself. If not then why are you telling us? So, I guess you do feel violated! So, if he says somthing that bothers you, tell him straight forward.
elmogurly
keep away from him? freaky freaky. well the school year should be over, so that's a big plus!
angelshortipnai
he must be just friendly! my teacher's like that to EVERYONE. he doesn't flirt tho. LOL. u should REALLY make sure 'cause well uhh when u confront him when he feels NOTHING about u, that'd be REALLY awkward haha
Paradox of Life
I think this might be just your imagination as well (like Brandon said). You might be getting a bit carried away; I mean, doesn't this man want to flirt with people his own age? Maybe he's just being a bit too friendly and being a bit freaky in the process. Don't blow things out of proportion. Sometimes you're not that special. But then again, how would I know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.