Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adobe photoshop element and vectoring
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
irenex3
well see i only have adobe photoshop elements (came with the computer) im so confused cuz i want to vector on it but it seems i can't cuz i don't have the pen tool. can anyone tell me if you could vector on it? and if so can anyone teach me?
heres a sceenshot of how it looks
Click to view attachment
avalon*
Sorry I don't think you have the pen tool. You could use the lasso tool, but it just doesn't look right, and that wouldn't be a real vector. You can get a free trial of Photoshop CS at http://www.adobe.com.
mysticalazxn
element don't seem to have pen
i still don't get how to use pen tool, poly lasso i much easier to use.
tooeffingcrazy
look right, and that wouldn't be a real vector. You can get a free trial of Photoshop CS at

Acually, it doesn't really matter if you use the pen tool or the polygon lasso tool to be considered a "real vector". It depends on the type of progrom your using. Photoshop is Vexel, Illustrator is Vector. I don't know about Element, but if you use the Polygon Lasso tool, it would still work. You just need to smoothen out the shapes.
www.maliciously.net <- not sure if it still works, but they have a great tutorial there.
avalon*
^ Yeah, I know, but it sorta has a different effect, like sometimes the edges turn out rougher..I dunno. Whatever works for you mellow.gif
HelloSunshine
It's hard to since you have no pen tool. I have Elements and all my "vectors" come out with edes that aren't exactly smooth. Instead of using the pen tool you can use the polygon lasso tool.
buttafly14
Try using the lasso tool. Its the next best thing after the pen tool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.