Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you guys listen to Christian rock bands?
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2
cocoalightning27
Another noob screwing up on a topic....

Yes I do, I listen to Chris Tomlin, Switchfoot, jars of Clay.....
Weird addiction
Any thing about "christianity" isnt my stuff. Sorry but switchfoot is a christian rock band? i didnt know, i dont listen to their music though.
cocoalightning27
Switchfoot is Christian but they want to be in the Rock Genre not the Christian Rock.....
sammi rules you
i do sometimes, even though i'm 100% atheist. as long as they don't mention christianity in their songs, i see no problem with it.

relient k & hawk nelson <3
mzkandi
the only one i really listen to is DC TALK
smthngcrprategrl34
i listen to anberlin and that's the closest i get...
banthisaccountnow
Switchfoot and Creed

But Creed broke up. cry.gif
KissMe2408
Yah..there a bunch of good christian rock bands i listen too. I guess you would put POD, MXPX, and Swithfoot in the same catagory now. They both were christian bands that got really popular. Project 86, Relient K, and Thousand Foot Krutch are pretty good. Jars of Clay are pretty awesome too.
jooleeah
Relient K and Switchfoot =]

Switchfoot and Creed

But Creed broke up. 

Creed was a christian rock band?! wow.
banthisaccountnow
Creed was a christian rock band?! wow.

yes, indeed they were.
silver-rain
Switchfoot and Relient K <3
yummy_delight
relient k is awesome. switchfoot is pretty great too.

i only like one song by the newsboys. "shine". and that's only because that was the theme song of my first year confirmation retreat. <3333
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(touch my monkey @ Mar 31 2005, 10:10 AM)
i do sometimes, even though i'm 100% atheist. as long as they don't mention christianity in their songs, i see no problem with it.

relient k & hawk nelson <3

stubborn.gif

anyways, theres already a topic on this....
ItzOnlySydney
QUOTE(touch my monkey @ Mar 31 2005, 10:10 AM)

yea same here. i dunno why i do but i just do. gawd. I <33 CHEVELLE! I ALSO LOVE SKILLET!!
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(ItzOnlySydney @ Mar 31 2005, 7:13 PM)
yea same here. i dunno why i do but i just do. gawd. I <33 CHEVELLE! I ALSO LOVE SKILLET!!

You dont like christian bands that mention christianity?!?!?
but you like Skillet mad.gif
http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/skillet.php

Go read their lyrics
Ballpointpencil
Switchfoot, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Third Day, Plus One, Newsboys, Hawk Nelson, Holland, Chris Tomlin, and others that are undoubtedly escaping my memory at the moment.
JlIaTMK
If anyone dares to include Evanescence in here [possibly miss Amy Lee signature girl that i havent seen answer yet] will get a scolding :).

-- No Christian bands for me because they tend to be either mainstream or sidestream.
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(Ballpointpencil @ Mar 31 2005, 7:30 PM)
Switchfoot, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Third Day, Plus One, Newsboys, Hawk Nelson, Holland, Chris Tomlin, and others that are undoubtedly escaping my memory at the moment.

ooh nice list

Chris Tomlin is amazing live!
sammi rules you
QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ Mar 31 2005, 6:11 PM)
stubborn.gif
anyways, theres already a topic on this....

nownow, don't be so angry towards me again based on my beliefs. _smile.gif i'm a perfectly good person, as you should have realized after seeing me on this board for so long..
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(touch my monkey @ Apr 1 2005, 12:13 AM)
nownow, don't be so angry towards me again based on my beliefs. _smile.gif i'm a perfectly good person, as you should have realized after seeing me on this board for so long..

im sure your a good person happy.gif
and Im not angry...it was merely joke haha
sammi rules you
well last time you thought it was sad.
gohomejes
even though i am not christian i do enjoy the music a great deal biggrin.gif

relient k, switch foot, thousand foot krutch, fusebox to name some
cocogirl
i thought that Creed didn't want to be known as a christian band? i read that in an interview they did....

ya Christian music is really good! I really like Delirious, casting crowns, mercyme, sonicflood, watermark.... umm i've hung out with thousand food crutch a few times they are so nice!!
nightsong
Twothirtyeight.

xo, Pauline
the_crox
i don't really listen to christian rock... but I've heard underoathe was christian? that and real little of relient k.
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(touch my monkey @ Apr 1 2005, 12:28 AM)
well last time you thought it was sad.

it is, but that doesnt make you a bad person. happy.gif

QUOTE(the_crox @ Apr 1 2005, 2:11 AM)
i don't really listen to christian rock... but I've heard underoathe was christian? that and real little of relient k.

Yes, Underoath is christian
videogamsta
well i listen to switchfoot thats it
love-issosweet
switchfoot
LoveSkavoovie
There is alot of quality Christian music out there. You just gotta find the good stuff thats susally not on Christian radio... There is definitely good stuff though...
weirdness
christian rock is awesome, even thought im not entirely christian.

i listen to switchfoot, creed and lifehouse. lifehouse is christian rock.. right? O__o
FreeStickers
I don't really listen to any Christian bands, but my friend got me to listen to Relient K for like 2 minutes.
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(weirdness @ Apr 5 2005, 3:59 PM)
christian rock is awesome, even thought im not entirely christian.

i listen to switchfoot, creed and lifehouse. lifehouse is christian rock.. right? O__o

yes lifehouse is awesome!
nopattern
I generally stray away from Christian music but I love Chevelle. I really didn't know they were Christian until just recently.
liloandstitchx3
i listen to a bit of relient k.
love vs absence
relient k, switchfoot, emery, starfield, david crowder band, underoath
learninghowtofall
Switchfoot's okay
wind&fire
im sorry for bringing this back but.

HILLSONG UNITED ROCK!!!!! eeee got back from youth camp and im hyped...
laxumaster8
yeah, i listen to like chris tomlin, relient K, hillsongs and other peoples...are casting crowns one, cause i listen to a lot of they're songs.
anubis
relient k biggrin.gif

only recently though happy.gif
R-Mac
I like much of the stuff on Tooth & Nail and Solid State..and those are two Christian labels.

MxPx, FATA, Five Iron Frenzy, Zao, As I Lay Dying, Copeland, Comeback Kid...yeah I like a lot of Christian stuff.
bfleenor
i do...... i have this good bad around where i live. their name is Consumed.
wind&fire
ive heard of Sonic Flood but not heard their songs...are they good?
squeegizzle
im listenin to this new guy named Mat Kearney.....hes pretty good
seriouslynikki
Im Christian so duh...
yes. :) Like, Kutless, Switchfoot, Relient K, Amber Pacific, Day Of Fire, April Sixth, Hillsong, Hillsong United, MxPx, Hawk Nelson...etc. Yeah. I even went to the Freedom Celebration! biggrin.gif
enyceXaddiction
switchfoot is pretty good
technicolour
SWITCHFOOT! Kutless, DC TALK, P.O.D
danielle_x3
yes . . Relient K, Switchfoot, P.O.D., and Anberlin. throb.gif
R-Mac
Amber Pacific and April Sixth....those are some I didn't know.

Emery's pretty good too.
beambitious
I listen to Underoath, Switchfoot, Copeland, and Relient K.
delicateATROCiTY
i never know if bands are christian or not. i like relient k though, i've seen them mentioned a lot in here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.