Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Image Ready Rollovers
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
swanky
Hi,

I am new here and I have a question:-) I just got Image Ready and I've learned only how to do the animation in it. I was just trying to figure out how to do image rollovers.

What I wanted was to make this menu bar/image:

But what I wanted was that the colors on each rectangle switch when you roll over them. So you roll your cursor over the GALLERY and the purple square would turn white and the font would be the purple.

I hope this makes sense. And I hope y'all will be able to help me. I am not a complete arrogant to computers or graphic programs, but I am not naturally talented.

Merci!
mona lisa
i found a good tutorial for you click here. happy.gif
swanky
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
mona lisa
QUOTE(swanky @ Mar 27 2005, 12:51 PM)
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

no problem. happy.gif do you need any more help or should i close this?
swanky
QUOTE(gotnoheart @ Mar 27 2005, 2:05 PM)
no problem.  happy.gif do you need any more help or should i close this?

WEll, I just did it...and maybe I'll sound like a big old idiot, but I don't know how to save it, and OR put it in the webpage code. I saved it as a GIF and it came in several images. Then I saved it as HTML, but now I don't know how to add that into my HTML code. I doubt I can explain it so anyone understands. I just have two codes and now I need to combine them!
mona lisa
wait what you can do is look at the html page that comes with it and view the source. that's the code you have to use. then just upload the images and replace the urls. i think that should do it.
swanky
I tried putting it in the table column I wanted it in and it didn't work. It ruined my page. Perhaps I did it in a bad order. I don't know. I feel like an idiot since I can't figure it out.

I am sorry for asking so many questions...but..how much of the code do I use? From the HTML to the /HTML?
AngelicEyz00
Can you post up the code you used?
mona lisa
first of all, you might not want to use tables. and don't forget to upload the images onto the net, with FTP if you have it or just plain imageshack. and if you can post the whole code for the rollovers, i *might* be able to see what is junk.

edit lol elba got to it first.
whomps
Did you upload the images yet? Upload the images first and replace the image urls with the uploaded ones in the code in Frontpage.
swanky
I know the X's come up because of the images not being uploaded, but i lose the table.

And I am not good at layouts, so tables are super easy for me...I like the way it's set up...and I am not entirely sure what I could do to get the similar look.

CODE:

THAT CAME OUT GARBLED!
Here's the page...uploaded all the images...

http://www.geocities.com/poppyspade/menurollover.html

That's the menu. and the code.
mona lisa
whoa. please put everything in a codebox first. i can't seem to edit your post, so you'll have to do that yourself. i'm looking at the site.

edit ok the code disappeared.... huh.gif

edit2 ok so i went to the site and everything looks fine. the rollovers look perfect, but i only see that. the rest of the page is blank cause the rest of the page wouldn't load.
swanky

THAT IS CODE ONLY FOR THE MENU.

Here is the coding for my site....without anything, but the colors and the table. Am I able to use the table too?

Does that help? I want to put the code in the box that says "MENU w/ ROLLOVERS"
mona lisa
hm..i really don't know. the code looks pretty much right. maybe you try using iframes. did imageready give you the original code in a table?
swe3ttemptasian
QUOTE(gotnoheart @ Mar 26 2005, 1:55 PM)
i found a good tutorial for you click herehappy.gif

oooh, i have to try this happy.gif
swanky
Ok...so I made some progress with my image rollovers.
It worked after I saved it on my computer
But when I uploaded it onto the server, this is what comes up.

http://www.geocities.com/swank_style

There is a part of the code that looks like it is missing. If anyone has an idea of what is that is messed up, please tell me:-) Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.