Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chinese artists and bands
Forums > Community Center > Music
aznxdreamer
there are alot of bands and artists in china that stole songs from artists over here. like theres a band called hou jie nan hai, which translates to backstreet boys. and also this band called s.h.e that steals their songs from destiny's child.
whats your opinion on them?
cocoalightning27
omg...I heard s.h.e and I was like wtf posers.....

I'm Chinese....stealing bands from the US is desperatation.....tsk tsk tsk
jooleeah
S.H.E isn't chinese. They're Taiwanese....they just sing mandarin songs, just like every other Taiwanese band. Sure, they have one song from Destiny's Child. It's not like artists in America don't do that. It's the same with Britney Spears taking that song called " My Perorgative" ( I can't spell -_-")
ahhishkaren
Hahaha, yeah. It's asian music in general. Se7en's korean, but he steals a lot of stuff from Usher. And BoA takes stuff from Britney as well. Eh...
clarissa
I don't really listen to chinese music but I hate it when I watch The Filipino Channel (TFC) and they sing songs from american singers like it was their own. They don't even give credit.
hpsm2
I don't listen to chinese music.. but i'm chinese. I wonder what they sound like... That's just sad.. they need to make their own music. I don't really care for backstreetboys
Saeglopur
Well no duh. If it's popular here in the US, it's bound to be popular there, no?
ItzOnlySydney
thats ok. i highly doubt that destiny's chid or the backstret boys can sign in chinese. so they are just taking those somngs and singing them so that chinese ppl can understand them. there is nothing wrong with that *shrugs*
xiaobing
I dink dat like all chinese and taiwanese songs are basicaly stolen. All dey do is just translate the words to chinese. No the group called SHE is good. It just matters if u could sing or not.
megan_x3
uhm.. no offense or anything. but s.h.e is basically a good singer. and if you've read the chinese newspaper.. the fortune teller said that s.h.e would make a fortune out of their popularity. o.o sowwie if ur not chinese. =) but actually, i believe that alotother chinese singer doesn't copy their songs frm american ppl. dey make their own. if you've heard songs from joey/kelly/jordan/jay chou. they're good..excellent !!
mickybeans
QUOTE(lilangelgurlpnai @ Mar 25 2005, 3:03 PM)
Well no duh. If it's popular here in the US, it's bound to be popular there, no?

i agree. yes i understand that its wrong to take from others but American entertainers do it too, it's not just the Chinese/Taiwanese singers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.