Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drinking and Smoking
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Annie5332
What do I do when my friends want to smoke and drink but I dont because I dont want to get in trouble? I dont want them to make fun of me for not doing it but I dont want to tell an adult because my friends would know it was me that told. What do I do?
ohh_so_elektrikk<3
QUOTE(Annie5332 @ Mar 21 2005, 8:11 PM)
What do I do when my friends want to smoke and drink but I dont because I dont want to get in trouble? I dont want them to make fun of me for not doing it but I dont want to tell an adult because my friends would know it was me that told. What do I do?

just say no, that you dont want to. if they make fun of you, and tease you for not wanting to smoke and drink, they really arent good friends, because if they were they would support your decisions
HoodieObsessed
DON'T start drinking and smoking jsut because your freinds are, or want to. That is jsut the stupidest move you could make. Don't follow your freidns aroudn and do whatever they do, tha'ts called "peer influence" and in this case, a bad kind. If you have enough will to not smoke and do drugs than you are the one being cool not them. Drugs arn't cool, they are extrmely uncool and not worht it. there's no reason to start bad habbits now, it'll be far harder to stop them later. It's not jsut about getting in trouble, it's the rest of your life you are dealing with here. If you want to die at 50 with lung cancer and who knows what else, go ahead, but if I were you I wouldn't waste your life jsut because of some stupid freinds who thought it was cool at the time.
Litt0_TeeZy
just remember, true friends will NEVER force you to do illegal stuff. they usually don't ask you to do them either............... >.<
Annie5332
Thanks guys _smile.gif You really helped me a lot. Next time we hang out and they say something I'll just say no.
nicky04033
dun smoke or drink if u dun want...
if ur friends make fun of u becoz of this, they are not good friends...
it's not worth making friends wiv them....... juz go and find better friends
good friends dun force others to do anything
mashimaro10
do the right thing.
yukichan
QUOTE(Litt0_TeeZy @ Mar 21 2005, 3:17 PM)
just remember, true friends will NEVER force you to do illegal stuff. they usually don't ask you to do them either............... >.<

agreed...maybe u should get new friends...whatever u do, dont smoke and drink like them...
GodsBrokenAngel07
dun smoke or drink if u dun want...
if ur friends make fun of u becoz of this, they are not good friends...
it's not worth making friends wiv them....... juz go and find better friends
good friends dun force others to do anything 

I agree cool.gif be cool dont do drugs!! cool.gif
x3
Kristin aka Angel
misoshiru
do what you want to. dont let them influence you.
ficklenesswhatever
Yeah, I would post what everyone already has said, but that's kind of pointless, so uh..
Listen to the people on createblog. Yess.
wishesanddreams
come on! this is a easy one
do u want to to drink and smoke and then have cancer and all that crap.
i didn't think so
mzkandi
peer pressure is a bitch, but you have to stick to your guns, dont do what deep down inside you know you shouldnt be doing
elaboratedream
dude, don't worry about it. Just say "nah, I don't want any" if they offer you some, or "ah, dude, that stuff's nasty" or something. They should understand...
tweeak
Just don't. Yeah, it may suck to be the only one sober, but not only will you not get in trouble, be able to pride yourself on being more mature and responsible than then, you also get to partake in the festivities of watching people make dumbfucks of themselves. People watching is one of my favorite activities, so even though going to parties where I'm the only sober one may be depressing, at least I'm doing what feels right and getting something enjoyable out of it at the same time.
Shahin
Just say ''Naw, I'm straight''

Hella simple and such.

Usually, once you reject a drink or a smoke, your friends won't bother you again. MOST of the time, your friends are just trying to be nice and include you in the activity, ya know? When my friends started doing that shit, I was kinda hesitant too, I said ''Naw, I'm straight'' and they didn't bother me again. Naturally, I got curious and bam! It ain't half bad.

I'm off weed though...

...till halloween
shortiiex
i know peopel who do that oo..but they don't pressure me..they are just like don't do it if you don't have too
if they really are you friends, they shouldn't be pressuring you and make fun of your decsion
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
Jut dont do it. They're gonna get messed up because they did it anyways. And if you dont wanna tell on them because you dont wanna think it's you. Then you dont have to. Just tell them no that you dont want to and dont worry if they made fun of you, like I said, they're gonna get messed up anyways.
dragyn
Think about it this way: What do they have to make fun of you about? You're being far more intelligent than them by not doing it. Adults shouldn't do it either, but a lot of them are stupid too.
xcaitlinx
OHH...I KNOW I KNOW!

SAY NO! it's not that difficult. if they're your real friends then they will respect your decision and not hold it against you for not going along with it. they're the dumbasses for doing it, not you. if they have a problem with it then you shouldn't be friends with them in the first place.
emily055
just say no. if they make fun of u just have a sense of humor and make fun of yourself too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.