Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hard to admit?
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
lexaa621
why are some ppl in denial of having been dumped?
two people i know were definitely dumped, but they claim it was "mutual"
if it was "mutual" they probly wouldnt have been as pissed off/upset about it, no? they wouldnt be saying "man shes such a bitch" or "omg i hate him so much" if they "agreed" to break up, right?

sorry i just felt like complaining about ppl like that. anyways....
whys it so hard to admit youve been dumped?
FoOd
To me, it seems like a matter of pride involved. If my pride was broken, I would b*tch about it. laugh.gif
cocoalightning27
^lol yea

haha this reminds me of a joke...you go up to a person and tel them that they are the opposite gender and then they're like "No i'm not!"

Then you tell them that they're in denial and then they're like "no i'm not!"....hahaha

and when you get dumped...it breaks your heart and you don't want ur heart broken
Levy2k6
idk what it is but i hate being wrong.. its likes.. i always try and make it so im not wrong by saying something or find a loophole around it...

but being dumped.. its just bad.. its like all the kids would be like "hey, that girl dumped you! loser!" or somethiing.. lol.
Rachel
umm actualy even if its a mutual break up, it probably still sucks
yukichan
i guess some ppl dont want to face it...
Aesirus
QUOTE(xxcrazyjewxx @ Mar 21 2005, 8:29 PM)
umm actualy even if its a mutual break up, it probably still sucks

If it's really mutual, obviously neither side cares any more, so why would it suck?
pinayprincess
QUOTE(FoOd @ Mar 21 2005, 7:16 PM)
To me, it seems like a matter of pride involved. If my pride was broken, I would b*tch about it.  laugh.gif

wordd.. ppl be real embarrased if they were the ones dumped... alla my friend tell me to dump my man b4 he dumps me... [[well b4]] but i juz neva listened kuz i didnt rele kare if i got dumped by him....in tha other hand, ive dumped him alot lol ---i luv yoo!!
SimplicityGirl
When you get dumped...you lose your pride, your confidence in yourself, your self-esteem and how you see yourself. Of course, you also get heart broken.

When my ex broke up with me, I was in denial for 2 weeks or so. I couldn't believe that he would just dump me like that, after spending 35 days together and having lot's of fun along the way. I felt that if only I had been a better gf to him, he wouldn't have broke it off with him; I just kept on blaming myself, and telling myself that if I had just know what the limits were, he wouldn't have done that. However...after a while, I just learn to pick up the pieces and move on with my life. There is no point in crying over spilt milk.

Also...I think that people are often in denial after breaking up is because it came as a shock. People often didn't see it coming, so when they do get dumped..it came as a real big shock to them. And one of the ways that we deal with shocks is by being in denial about it and that by pretending that it didn't happen, they can go on living their lives the way it was before it happened.

But mostly, I think that they don't want to admit it is because it takes a lot of courage to admit that you weren't the right person for another person, and basically admitting that the breakup happened because of something that you did or didn't do, however minor. And it takes courage to tell people what happened, because it hurts.
Shattered_Hope
I think it has something to do with pride and....they'd be embarrassed? huh.gif
yeseulx3
to keep up their rep.

doi.
dahding
crushed ego burns. they say things like that to make themselves feel better. "oh, it wasn't my fault. he/she was a whatever."
gnawxela
hm.. havent been dumped, but have dumped someone

i think he felt really bad, cuz he really still likes me (i think), but he said he SAW it coming, but didnt DO ANYTHING about it, which makes me think that hes a dumb@$$ (pardon my french)

i mean, if you like a girl that much, why not just TRY to make the relationship better?
to-devastate
I've never been dumped; but I dumped someone. Hahah. evilness.
People deny it because they're stupid and can't face the real truth- thats why they have to make up fake lies.
heyyfrankie
some people feel like they are too good to be dumped. i hate people like that. if i was going out with them, i would dump them just see what they did. devil.gif
cHuNsAbAbIe012
its pride. bottum line.
sadolakced acid
just because one person initiated the breakup doesn't mean it's not mutual.

and just because it's mutual doesn't mean they won't stop liking each other.

on another note, i got dumped! yea. i'll tell anyone. because she did it an evil way.

(the point of that is) that for about a week i knew something was wrong, that it was going to end. and i knew it had to...
Wishful_Dream
^^; people like to say its mutual because.. being dump hurted them i guess. or they are just plain embarass. T^T; i wouldn't be though, i've never been in a 'true' relationship. ^^; so i was never dumped, rejected or whatever.. i'm such a coward to ask somewhat out.. ^^; besides, i don't like anyone no more. ^^; too busy having fun with friends. ^^;
xXMomoBubbleTeaXx
1.]Pride
2.]Who likes saying oh I got dumped by my girlfriend/boyfriend..
3.]People do it because maybe they liked the person but they want to cover it up by showing no emotion
someflipguy
my friend does that, but sometimes its just their pride that gets in the way!
tinababy143
because they want to feel like they were the better person..not their ex significant other
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.