Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How you dress and your music
Forums > Community Center > Music
Brneydgrl
Ugh, just basically me venting.

i like rock, emo, and punk music. i don't pick my music based on genre, just what i like. i like coldplay and postal service, MCR, taking back sunday, manson, rob zombie, even some rap.

well, my boyfriend and i go to the mall, where I buy some shirt from pac sun. he starts naggin me, calling me "a poser like ashlee simpson" because she dresses preppy but acts punk or something.

we then walk into hot topic and a taking back sunday song was on. He's like "oh little punk girl, this is your song, isn't it"

it's not like i necessarily dress 'punk'. i buy what i like, and i listen to what i like. i'm really not concerned with fitting into a certain genre.

i feel like punching him in the face.

c'mon, i know this has happened to all of us. what do you guys do when it's not your friends raggin' on you, but your significant other?
xXirockhardXx
What you let your boyfriend talk to you like that?!!?? N.e ways i listen to punk, emo, rock and some rap. But i dont dress all punkish or like a prep i just dress how i want. I dont think you have to dress by what the music you listen too. And your bf sounds like a fucken ass. No offence but he dose i say you punch him! And i wouldnt know how it feels becasue i dont have a bf.
Brneydgrl
Yeah, you know what. my taste in music is enough to break up with someone over. i mean, if he's being a dork about something so small, what about the bigger stuff. he's only an ass when it comes to music though. he likes the classics and DMB. i don't know...

we should be friends, cuz i love frank too!
xXirockhardXx
Woooh! Hell yeah i love Frank too. I guess you should be just friends, but that totally up to you.
RandomHero
Something like that's never happened to me. I usually wear band t-shirts to show what bands I like. My school is weird though, random people come up to me and say "I love your style! I wish I could dress like you!" huh.gif
racoons > you
i know what you mean!

i'm an indie dude, and there fore apparently im not allowed to wear abercrombie. pssh. its comfortable, and it looks good on me, and I LIKE IT.

grow up, music is about music, not what the singer i wearing
Saeglopur
I don't even know what I dress like... it's just all about the music, man. cool.gif
FLIPxADDICTION
wow, what a great boyfriend.
i don't dress the way my music genre dresses like. (Emo, Punk, Indie) if i want to wear Hollister, i'll wear Hollister.
william
nothing like that has happened to me. i don't think you have to dress like the kind of music you listen to, though i do wear some band shirts.
HongKongDong
Nope not me, I listen to UG rap and I dress gangster x]

What I don't like is that people would nag me for liking rap. They dont even know what kind of rap I listen too, they just imitate the G-Unit crap and say shit like "Im sorry man but rap sucks, I just dont like it" wtf G-Unit is f**kin bull, shit sucks. They also get into some bullshit where they say what a crappy way of life" Lets go get shot, then go to jail drop the soap and get nailed!"

I just don't like it when people don't get it and go shooting off thinking they know what its like and how im like because of the music I listen to.
jambaJUICE
wow. you're boyfriend's an a-hole. huh.gif
and i dress with whatever the hell fits me, as in size/length wise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.