Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friends with Benifits
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
Pages: 1, 2
Jhaks
Friends with Benifits only exists because people are afraid of commitment. This fear causes pain because most people who are involved in one of these relationships get hurt. I wouldn't recommend it. Try an actual relationship, with meaningful conversations as well as physicalness. =)

Agreed

I did not have FWB relationships because I was afraid of commitment; I've been in a few commited relationships (and a few, because obviously, they were for quite some time). Sometimes people take the route of FWB because they're not looking for anything at the moment, just some casual sex with the same person, no strings attached.

yea nicely put. Sometimes u just want to get away from all the drama problems and seriousness and kick back and have some casual sex along the road =] .

Those who support FWB are simply afraid. As many of them admit they don't want the drama, don't want the head ache. WELL TOO BAD. Life is a head ache, and a blessing too if you can get over the migraine. Why settling for something empty when you can have something much more meaningful and fulfilling? It just takes gumption and drive, the perfection of intent.
I'm sorry; FWB is just a twisted idea of emotionless lust... Emotionless. Stay that way if you really want to.
KbabyLS7
"hmm im kinda in that situation now...n it sucks."

^yeah same... It's with an ex who i've known and loved forever... don't get me wrong.. the physical part is good lol. But people find out and it ruins your reputation and plus because of it I just can't get over him! So unless you're willing to go throught the heartache to get that pleasure I'd avoid it... plus it make it hard to move on and date other people... no matter how much you want to! sad.gif And plus I just want a real relationship.. it may not seem like it but it's sooo much easier!
illuminessence
QUOTE(cRaZiiXbEauTiFul @ Mar 8 2005, 7:19 PM)
umm...im kind of confused..but i think i know what you mean...but if im right about what it is, then, i think its stupid. why dont people just..go out??

First of all, it's all about being willing to commit. Besides, ppl can just be attracted to other ppl and not want all the commitment that's included in an actual relationship.

I've had my friends with benefits experience and it reaked of havoc. Try to stay away. It may feel good, but there's always a chance of one person wanting something completely different than the other. One person always ends up wanting more.
mzkandi
i had a friends with benefits relationship but the guy i was having it with was started to catch strong feelings when i beginning to think it was time to end the relationship. being in college this type of relationship is so common. i would say half the people involved in this type of relationship can deal with it but with the other half there is usually someone getting hurts, mostly the famales.
sammi rules you
well, if you're not ready for a relationship yet, but you just wanna have fun, i think that's the way to go. and it avoids having a really long relationship and getting more hurt in the end.
d3lightx3
I think its pretty horrible. Theyre using each other... that sucks.
racoons > you
i agree with sammi for a change. lol

serously. fun with no commitment/complex break ups.
whats better?
ItzOnlySydney
my friend got pregnant of that "friends with benifits" situation. so i no likey.
lilliannnn
i searched before i started a new topic, you should be proud. :p

but yes, i like friends with benefits. i've been in these situations many times (currently now) and it's fun. it only didn't work out once and i got like depressed over it (i still am meh) but besides that it's fun.

friends + kissing = yay
mouse_3k
its stupid because someone always ends up hurt.
Kneuklid Romance
.....I'm simply not for it. I'm a commitment type I suppose..

...Don't know...there's just too much deception and mixed feelings going around. Too many of those can lead to confusion...and only goes weird from there...bleh.

-Kevyn
loljuliana
it's not good to have friends with benifits. it gives the other person to go around kissing everyone.
WrathOfOnigo
I don't see why they just don't go out! If you don't love the other person than why get physical?
.:starts singing the "let's get physical" song:.
harlemchick
I had friends with benifits, it was fun while it lasted before I decided to move on and cut that part of my life out. Feelings for the person no. But if you got caught up while doing so the person needs to be told and may be they can get off the relationship bench
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.