Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite art piece
Forums > Community Center > Music
DanielleMaria05
I noticed that there wasn't any type of art topic in here, so, I decided to make one. Whats your favorite art piece, weather it be paiting, sculpture, anything?

For me, personally, I love Michaelangelos the David, and the Pieta

(In case you don't realize, I'm an artist, art history is my fav class in school)
jennyjenny
Erm, I don't know much about paintings/sculptures and stuff.
The only one I know about is the Mona Lisa?

I know, it's sad.
1--GIRL
Erm, I don't know much about paintings/sculptures and stuff.
The only one I know about is the Mona Lisa?

I know, it's sad.

hehe me too. and the campbell soup _smile.gif
bright eyes
Since I saw the Pieta I have been glorified by its beauty. I stared at it for longer than I could remember. It's definitely my favorite.
EXPLO5ION
would this go into the lounge? But my favorite has to be Van Gogh "starry night." kind of cliche but i dont know. i think its beautiful..
DanielleMaria05
QUOTE(simplicityxx @ Jan 30 2005, 3:39 PM)
would this go into the lounge? But my favorite has to be Van Gogh "starry night." kind of cliche but i dont know. i think its beautiful..

I totally agree with you. It's so mysterious. I love it. I mean, he was in a crazy house when he painted it, so you just wonder what was going through his mind. Ya know??
cmgchica717
I love anything by Kandinksy or picasso...two of my favorite artists. I do not have just one favorite sorry
FreeStickers
Michelangelo's David and ANY Frank Lloyd Wright house.
silver-rain
i don't exactly have a favorite, but i like "Starry Night" by van Gogh too.
StanleyThePanda
Claude monet
<3
I love all of his work
My favorite paintings of his are all of the waterlillies and "Le Repos Sous les Lilas"
WTFwasIthinking
"Life" by God... it's really a work of art
sandy_lumpy_shore
^^ lol i liek that one too. actuall i love it
LeSLiE
I like Picasso's stuff. It's so funky and colorful. :D
Azarel
I adore Chad Michael Ward's work.
www.digitalapocalypse.com
Absolutely gorgeous.
Includes some mildly mature content. ;x
dani41790
idk i love starry night and seratt's(sp) pointalism painting. i forgot the name i think it was one fine day or something idk
misoshiru
the pieta is beautiful. i like a lot, but a really memorable one was botticelli's "le primavera".....probably cuz i had to do my presentation on it in front of it.
lady_karamelle
when I went to The Louvre in paris forever ago, I basically sped thru the whole place ( i know I'm a heathen) but I love the Venus DeMilo and Winged Victory. My favs! I'm big on scultptures personally. Greek mostly. OH! And I also love it when the Dallas Museum of Art does theyre big egypt exhibits. I live egyptian culture!!
DanielleMaria05
QUOTE(lady_karamelle @ Feb 1 2005, 9:18 AM)
when I went to The Louvre in paris forever ago, I basically sped thru the whole place ( i know I'm a heathen) but I love the Venus DeMilo and Winged Victory.  My favs!  I'm big on scultptures personally.  Greek mostly.  OH!  And I also love it when the Dallas Museum of Art does theyre big egypt exhibits.  I live egyptian culture!!

I want to go to Paris. UGH! I could spend hours in the Louvre. And yes, very very big on egyptian culture. I want to go there and take tours through the pyramids
heyyfrankie
the mona lisa...blink.gif
angel-roh
Hmmm I don't know their names, but I love all the paintings whenever I go to a museum. They all are beautiful :D hmm I'm an art fan, but why can't I not know their names. Eesh... I guess I'm not good at remembering names lol.
Flaunted
there is this retrospective artist names james rosenquist..
i got a little bio on him and his work, i like his style its pretty cool.
but i don't know who my favorite is. there is still so much i still need to see.
WhiteLadyOfRohan
The Scream...I cant remeber the artist though, grrrrrr. And the Creation of Adam by Michaelanglo. I always like alot of the stuff they put up at The Dallas Museum of Art
Heathasm
van gough (sp?)
i have a big coffee table book of all of his works, my favorite would have to be his most famous "starry night" its soooo amazing, i love all of the colors he uses
OMG i cant believe i almost forgot linsner....Joseph Michael Linsner is a comic book artist!!!!! and i absolutely adore every one of his drawing of dawn for the cry for dawn comic book @_____@ he is my mentor
angelrevelation
i dont really know any specific ones... and i mostly like paintings, sculptures and decorations. i also love going to art fairs/exhibitions. there's so much cool stuff that is so interesting! you can spend all day at one! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.