Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cartwheel
Forums > Community Center > Music
lovescream
I can't do a cartwheel. sad.gif Gymnastics for P.E. is coming soon..
Anybody have tips for how to do cartwheels with different teniques? [sp]

I'll be embarassed if I'm the only one who can't do a cartwheel. _unsure.gif
The 1 and only JJ
it would be a lot more easy if i could show you. but u need speed. thats the key. so yeah. and i couldn't do one till like 6th grade and then i became an all star at gymnastics biggrin.gif
Nicolatofu
Have someone spot you at first....(where they hold your waist guiding you.) And instead of trying one just from standing up, get a running start. it will turn out better. Pretty much any other advice wouldn't make sense since I'd need to show you in nperson!
stephinika
^^

yeah its hard to explain...but just practice i'm sure you'll get it. happy.gif
misoshiru
yeah, i can do a cartwheel. it's hard to explain.
InvisiblePopcorn
The more you practice the better you'll become. You just kind of have to get a feel for it.
heyyfrankie
get a running start and then kinda jump in the air and just do it. but make sure you don't land on your face! pinch.gif
lovescream
^ I land on my arse.

I just realized.. that when I tried to do a cartwheel, I did like a backflip almost. mellow.gif
largosama
http://rap.about.com/library/blbreakdanceaerialcartwheel.htm

I'm sure they'll be impressed if you get that down ^^
miss barnes
omg i learned a cartwheel by myself before ELEMENTARY school! its a lot easier that what people make it out to be but, then again i used to be a tumbler so yea...
largosama
oh btw I tried that aerial and I landed on my arse =( I needed more body twist in midair -_-
the_crox
I can't do a cartwheel. It's like half of it because my legs aren't really straight in the air. I suck. _dry.gif
mysticalazxn
i cant do cartwheel either
so uncoordinated!
salcha
when i was still doing gymnastics, my teacher made us practice first by doing a handstand with your feet against the wall. theen you start pracicing, i dont know...it worked for me.
most people cant do cartwheels cuz of lack of speed and their legs aren't int he air enough.
sweetdreamsx3
Get used to flipping? Lol...err..google it. :]
blah1234567
keep your arms straight and kick your legs over your head..
Teesa
aw, I feel your pain..I always fall over. I think I knew how to do it once, but I never try anymore.
iheartsimba
you have to like..kick your leg over..balence..=/
largosama
this topic is sooooooo old -_-
SweetislandGuh
QUOTE(the_crox @ Feb 10 2005, 1:45 AM)
I can't do a cartwheel. It's like half of it because my legs aren't really straight in the air. I suck. _dry.gif

haha..same here.. im a juggler and a unicycler not a gymnist shifty.gif
Endless_Love <3
its hard to help over the computer, but i know that a lot of people who have trouble with cartwheels have trouble because they aren't comfortable upside down, and so they can't control what they do. The best advice I can give you is to do cartwheels A LOT and do handstands against a wall. Oh and be thankful that you get gymnastics in p.e.! if i got that i would be sooooo happy! happy.gif
5ayuri
I can do a cartwheel...but I never really practiced for it.
Just came naturally.
lolita kitty
oh yes. i took gymnastice and ballett for 3 years, and cheerleading for 1 year, so im very flexible. i've known how to a cartwheel since i was like... 5
no tips on how to do them, though. sorry. you'd have to be there for me to teach you. basically all you do is turn to your hand [if you are right handed, then put your weight on your right foot and lean towards the right]
then you land on your right, and then the left goes to the ground. then you basically look like a wheel as you twist in the air and land.

yeah, bad explination. its hard.
edit'// wowwww old topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.