Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All you band geeks..
Forums > Community Center > Music
xj_liana_tx
the title is self-explainatory.
i like "gallop", and "Scherzo from symphony no. 9"
i never really paid attention to these classics until i started to play them myself.
Nicolatofu
I haven't been in band since seventh grade....I remember "The Tempest" was a fun peice to play though tongue.gif
tweeak
we dont play too many traditional pieces, as in ones youd actually recognize. right now were playing:

music for winds and percussion by del borgo
his honor by fillmore
legends and heroes by...someone or other
DaTru KataLYST
music pieces are entertainment.

moved to [entertainment] flowers.gif
LeSLiE
All of the music we're doing right now is boring... Too easy
I like any Christmas music, though.
kyuubi319
I love the Maelstrom<3333
sm0kinm0nky
pink panther and other stuff from jazz band.
tweeak
QUOTE(DaTru KataLYST @ Jan 26 2005, 7:03 PM)
music pieces are entertainment.

moved to [entertainment] flowers.gif

not really. this is more in the school aspect
staircase wit
PERCY GRAINGER!!!! percy was one messed up guy

centuria was a really good song, the person who wrote it wrote a bunch of other songs that i like
Saeglopur
I'm not in the band... but I am in Orchestra.

We're playing A Medley From the Pirates of the Caribbean for fun. I don't know what my conductor is going to do with it yet. Hopefully, play it on our spring concert!
xbernaa
my favorite song that were playing rite now..is MUSIC FROM THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN...yeah..
stephinika
^^

dude...that is awesome. i remember when i was in band we did a harry potter set once...it was so cool. we did an lotr one too. happy.gif
gigiopolis
Right now we're working on March and Procession of Bacchus by Leo Delibes. We sight-read Cruella De Vil yesterday, and we're going to get the Spongebob themesong when we can play March and Procession of Bacchus properly. =]
angel-roh
I'm not on the band, but whatever instruments I'll play... I would love to play "Dearest" by Ayumi Hamasaki and "Tokyo Love Story" by 12 Girls Band and "Canon D in major" by Pachelbel!
tweeak
oooh yeah, we played LOTR and harry potter (with the orchestra) back in 8th grade
ahhishkaren
QUOTE(lilangelgurlpnai @ Jan 26 2005, 5:33 PM)
I'm not in the band... but I am in Orchestra.

We're playing A Medley From the Pirates of the Caribbean for fun. I don't know what my conductor is going to do with it yet. Hopefully, play it on our spring concert!

Ahh! Our orchestra just did that for our winter concert! I'm not very fond of medley's, but it wasn't bad. We got these drummer guys to accompany us as well.

There are a handful of modern pieces that are pretty good, there's this one song called Drifen that we played for our chamber orchestra. It was nice.
racoons > you
oooh yeah, we played LOTR and harry potter (with the orchestra) back in 8th grade

i remember that!

although i moved before the performance *sniffle*

and that impossible hard grease medley. i miss having a band rom. althoug hnot band. god i hate the baritone
tweeak
our orchestra did POTC for their winter concert too. funny funny. actually, i think that was the first orch concert i attended (not including that chorus concert from hell)
Azarel
Orch songs, I liked Canon in D, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Phantom of the Opera. That's right bitches, we played an overture for Nightmare Before Christmas and Phantom of the Opera.

I hate fucking bitches that love PotO only because the movie came out. stubborn.gif
xj_liana_tx
QUOTE(stephinika @ Jan 27 2005, 1:57 AM)
i remember when i was in band we did a harry potter set once...it was so cool. we did an lotr one too. happy.gif

We did harry potter when i was in 7th grade, i loved the piece, and i saw the movie right after.
Saeglopur
QUOTE(Azarel @ Jan 27 2005, 5:32 PM)
Orch songs, I liked Canon in D, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Phantom of the Opera. That's right bitches, we played an overture for Nightmare Before Christmas and Phantom of the Opera.

I hate fucking bitches that love PotO only because the movie came out. stubborn.gif

I personally just like soundtracks of movies. whistling.gif
xumop apisdnx
our concert band is playing a medley of music from grease for the spring concert :)

i love jazz band music too.. my favorite piece of ours so far is "spain" (it's kinda hard but it'll be awesome once we have it played better).
jnukes
"Exaltation" by James Swearingen [[go download it ! ]] .. us 8th graders are playing a high school piece.. whoot ! =]
banddorko
novena, which i believe is also by swearingen. we played it last year. awesome song. we played aventura by him this year, which is also a great piece. i played snare on both.
tweeak
QUOTE(MarchHare2UrAlice @ Jan 27 2005, 5:21 PM)
i remember that!

although i moved before the performance *sniffle*

and that impossible hard grease medley. i miss having a band rom. althoug hnot band. god i hate the baritone

how did i not notice your post?

grease wasnt that hard...i dont think...but gilbert still makes fun of rob for playing the drums so horribly in it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.