Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how can u get a higher vertical
Forums > Community Center > Music
The 1 and only JJ
well yeha im trying to increase my vertical and well i have increased it by like 5 in. but i need it to get higher and fast. so do u know any way i can increase it?
xGlovex
Umm Verticel...umm i dont know what that is. So i cant help sorry.
The 1 and only JJ
it's how high u jump.
PhyreCoyote
There are special things that you add onto your shoes called jump soles that are weights that specifically target your calves. There supposed to add a 10 inch vertical. You could just wear ankle weights and jump but that wouldnt be as effective. Also the jumpsoles come with a video that you could get and that helps even if you dont have the jump soles on but your calves arent being specifically targeted so it doesnt help as much.
misoshiru
wear ankle weights.
largosama
Before winter came I did plyometrics...

stuff like ankle hops (bend only your ankle0
tucking your legs into your chest while jumping forward
squatting down shoulder's width apart and jumping up as high as you can..

Do like 3 sets of 10 each with a minute rest between 3 days a week and it helps

And those vertical sole things work... just walk around in them for a day and you'll be tired
dWang
drink milk? LOL
KissMe2408
It really helps if you do stomach excercises. It controls your jump better.
mysticalazxn
i dont know waht u mean by vertical
when i think of vertical. i just think about getting thoz shoulder muscle and make u look taller.
Teesa
your vertical, as someone has already explained it, is the amount of height that you can jump completely straight. Mm, yeah, I heard wearing ankle weights can work, but don't wear them too often, because they can damage your ankles.
suddenly she
you can just bounce on your toes and not go down on your heels.

seriously, that's what i do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.