Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a few questions ...
Forums > Community Center > Technology
jnukes
okay .. does anyone remember that topic i made like a month ago .. or .. last year .. lol ... well anyways .. it said like my colors and resolution were messed up ?. well, i think i found out tha problem. i don't have an updated monitor driver ! all i have is "plug and play monitor". i don't think it's very good, obviously. because my computer wont show good colors or resolution. my question is does anyone know where to download monitor display drivers for windows ME? i tried google .. tried download.com.. i found something, but it didn't work sad.gif

2nd question - my mozilla firefox won't play any sounds. xanga music.. tha little tick thing when you click a link .. no sounds at all. how can i fix this ? i've downloaded tha plugins and stuff .. now what ?

3rd question - does anyone know a program where you can make your own beats ? [for rappin .. ]... or a place where you can download percussion sounds ?

yea, i hope i'm not askin for too much .. haha .. well.. thanks to anyone who helps happy.gif payce cool.gif
ryanoman
1. Like I told you in the first topic, it's your driver. You denied it. Try Intel.com, that's where I went when I needed it. You have to know your chipset and stuff, woo, it's difficult to fidn the right one.

2. Don't know. Use a different browser.

3. Google it, or I think you can do mixes in VirtualDJ, so maybe a program like that.
Levy2k6
u cant download drivers for the monitor (unless...) but u download drivers for the video card.. if its like a NVIDIA card. go to nvidia.com and go to download drivers..... or just google the type of card u got.

2) Xanga doesnt work on Firefox.

3) i need to google that too...
sadolakced acid
you might find it annoying that firefox won't run the play music code, but i love it because i hate music on sites.

anyways; there's no real workaround to it. you'll just have to live with it.

you can use ie as a fallback.
ryanoman
Try this: (Right click My Computer, and go to something that says Device Manager or something. OR, for Windows XP, go to Control Panel, Hardware, System.) Make sure that you moniter driver is updated or check the status and stuff. Chances are this may not work, but yeah.
jnukes
ryanoman - i'm sorry >.<, i shoulda listened to ya in tha first thread, hehe. but yea your last post you just did , i already tried that. i'm trying to find a place to download tha lastest driver that my computer can use. cause obviously mine is old .. or somethin ... i think it might have deleted itself when my computer effed up in november. i went to intell .com ... and couldn't find anything that worked .. gawwwr .. >.<. and to your reply to tha 3rd question, i already tried virtual DJ .. doesn't work too good .. maybe i'll give it another go...
tofumonzter
[quote]
okay .. does anyone remember that topic i made like a month ago .. or .. last year .. lol ... well anyways .. it said like my colors and resolution were messed up ?. well, i think i found out tha problem. i don't have an updated monitor driver ! all i have is "plug and play monitor". i don't think it's very good, obviously. because my computer wont show good colors or resolution. my question is does anyone know where to download monitor display drivers for windows ME? i tried google .. tried download.com.. i found something, but it didn't work sad.gif

[/quote]
i thought plug&play is for windows xp

[quote]
2nd question - my mozilla firefox won't play any sounds. xanga music.. tha little tick thing when you click a link .. no sounds at all. how can i fix this ? i've downloaded tha plugins and stuff .. now what ?

[/quote]
waht's the plugin that you are using? i have had the same problem before if you can tell me which plugin you are using that could help a lot.

[qutoe]
3rd question - does anyone know a program where you can make your own beats ? [for rappin .. ]... or a place where you can download percussion sounds ?
yea, i hope i'm not askin for too much .. haha .. well.. thanks to anyone who helps happy.gif payce cool.gif

[/quote]
i used to have one. but i dont like it. i forgot the name though. i got bored of listening to the beat every seconds, it just makes me go crazy. tongue.gif
jnukes
QUOTE(tofumonzter @ Jan 16 2005, 12:31 AM)
waht's the plugin that you are using? i have had the same problem before if you can tell me which plugin you are using that could help a lot.

uh .. "plug and play monitor"
jaeman
You could just get a new monitor.
I have no comments for the other two questions.
jnukes
it's not tha monitor, it's tha display driver

;EDIT OMGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY FIXED ITT!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GIVE A SPECIAL THANKS TO RYANOMAN !! AND TOFUMONZTER FROM THA PREVIOUS THREAD !! WHOOOOT!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.