Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do u smoke
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Weird addiction
do u smoke cigarettes?? i do occasionaly...i dont wanna quit ermm.gif
InvisiblePopcorn
Never have and never will. It costs a lot and hurts you; why would I want to start?
MaxG
nop i aint smokin da thing taste badddd i tryed didnt like it
and dont feel nuthing speical
itz kinda nasty tho >.<

xD =P
ApunBindaas
I don't. I don't even like the smell....but it all boils down to who you hang with cause none of my friends smoke
Spud
I never have, don't now, and never will. Smoking is disgusting in my opinion.
Heathasm
yes but ive cut down to like 3 cigarettes a day now
krispy_kreme333
not cigarettes
AngelicEyz00
What's up with all these smoking topics? I've smoked one cigarrette. I dunno what black and milds count as, but I've smoked one of those too. It sucks, I really see no point whatsoever to smoke. i was curious, did it, no longer curious about it, so I have no urge to smoke or try it or whatever... well, the cigarette. The black and mild wasn't so bad.
cmgchica717
I use to smoke from age 18-20. Almost a pack a day. I quit now. Its hard to quit but if you want to live a long healthly life QUIT NOW!
sunissed14127
I dont, and never plan to. I hate the smell of smoke,and it makes me cough a lot.
Feilon
No, no i don't smoke and i probably never will
aznhunnie6o1
EWW!!
No way!!! Smoking is disgusting and it kills you. Smoking is like doing suicide. _dry.gif I don't ever want to try smoking in my life!!
Chii
QUOTE(sandra6645 @ Jan 11 2005, 11:28 AM)
do u smoke cigarettes?? i do occasionaly...i dont wanna quit ermm.gif

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO QUIT??? blink.gif

don't you see all those commercials on tv? the reason i don't smoke is because it smells gross, it makes your teeth yellow, and you could get warts in you mouth ph34r.gif for some reason liver problems don't bother me... _unsure.gif
br0ken smile
nope
killua
aw mang.. i dont want to smoke.. but i have a bad feeling i will be offered.. well ne ways.. lol i remember in the sixth grade we did this stupid expiriment to see how smoking affects ur lungs and stuf.. we did all these strangge things and the smoke was all in this cotton ball and with the cig still in it.. me and my frd smelt it really hard.. and we had this tingly feeling like we watned it.. but no i havent smoked :D
tweeak
a)theres been topics on this before. please search before posting
b)no. its nasty and pointless. and as i made a huge deal out of my friends trying it, i should probably not, as that would make me severely hypocritical
sammehmyst
Cigarettes are unhealthy.
Cancer free is the way to be. ;)
LeSLiE
NO! NO! NO! Smoking is bad... My dad just quit.. age 48.. He'd been smoking since he was about 20 years old. He used the patches. I guess it doesn't really do anything since it still pumps nicatene (sp) through your body..Hmm.. mellow.gif
inthemudhole
Nope.
I've never smoked, and I'm sure that I never will.

P.S. -- Is it necessary to have so many of these topics? wacko.gif
angel-roh
you have to quit or it will burn your lungs and you will die

im jk.. well it's true!! anyways im against on drugs hehe. so no, i dont smoke nor DRINK.
FreeStickers
I have, once or twice. I'm not addicted or anything
xTINAA
never have and i doubt i ever will. my dad smokes so i see first hand how it can mess you up and i don't want to ever go through that.
kellyannie
nope, no smoking for me =). why would you not want to quit? _unsure.gif
KissMe2408
nah, i like my lung capacity the way it is, thank yah! happy.gif
FiendAngelical
weird tar stuff in my lungs?? definetly no.
whomps
No.

Nasty.. Smell.. Tar.. in.. your.. lungs.. gross..
weirdness
my science teacher told me that cigarettes have bathroom cleaning stuff in it ><
i dont think i would ever start smoking
xsweetxcandyx
QUOTE(fiend_angelical @ Jan 11 2005, 6:10 PM)
weird tar stuff in my lungs?? definetly no.

i agree... its just icky
CrimsonArchangel
After seeing the lungs of a smoker in my Anatomy class I have never been more AGAINST smoking. And yes, your lungs do turn black and they loose consistency, becoming spongier and some even have holes on them (emphisema-pretty sure is misspelled...).
So, that's a no. Never have, and pray never will. It is just a waste of not only your life but the life of others.

And there are other topics on this. mellow.gif
xj_liana_tx
no, i tried to at my grandparent's, but m grandma took it away from me, i thought it smelled pretty good, but i won't smoke it for my own sake
jooleeah
No. Smoking is like killing yourself on purpose.
Saeglopur
$4.96 for a Marlboro box... and if you're really addicted, you'd probably smoke about 2 packs a day, 7 days a week.. think of all the money you're spending.

Here are some of the substances that you're probably putting in your body.

There's quite a few that you could recognize in there.. like Corn Oil and Chocolate.. but there are some that I bet you have no clue what they are. What's the fun in that? You have no idea what you're putting in your body? sad.gif

Anyway, I don't smoke. It's expensive.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ Jan 11 2005, 9:59 AM)
What's up with all these smoking topics? I've smoked one cigarrette.
I really see no point whatsoever to smoke. i was curious, did it, no longer curious about it, so I have no urge to smoke or try it or whatever...

Yea, I was curious, as well. I've tried it before, just a puff. It was really peer pressure, because I could've said no. I just said "okay, I'll try one, just to see what it's like." After I had a tiny puff, I was chocking/coughing/gagging for the next 7-10 minutes. I felt relaxed afterwards, only for 5 seconds then my throat hurt so much... the smoke burned. And my eyes were all red.

I realized, WHY smoke and choke/cough for 10 minutes JUST to feel relaxed for 5 seconds? Well okay, maybe more than 10 minutes, and maybe more than 5 seconds, but even so, you get my point. In my opinion, smoking and any kind of drug is not worth dying over.

Remember Debbie! The woman who smokes through a HOLE in her neck because she can't smoke through her mouth! hammer.gif
dukesoccer07
I used to, then it got pathetic and lame, so i stopped
Euphoria Rose
Okay I'm going to say something for people who want to stop smoking.

*Chew gum. A lot. It's working for my uncle.

Okay that's all.

And if you want to experience how smokers breathe after they become a serious long time smoker. You do..

*50 jumping jacks and then breathe through a straw.

My sister was in a Peer Assistance class and they taught her that.
jennyjenny
My dad does.
When he comes home, it reeks of cigarettes and smelly feet.

And plus, it's addictive.
I've been curious, but not THAT curious...
1--GIRL
..nope. :)
Note
Nope. But at 8th grade. We did dry ice at school. It was kinda funny but mainly stupid. We started putting the ice into waterbottles and chucking them at teachers. They this guy suggested that we roll up a piece of paper, put the dry ice at one end, and blow out the other. It looked like we were smoking. pinch.gif

::jerry::
tooeffingcrazy
Nope. People who says "Im never going to smoke", you never know what will hit you. I'm going to avoid it as much as possible! ><
shortvi3tlaydee
ewwwwwwww your gonna die from that stuff ya kno! just dont smoke a lot at least.....
dani41790
nah im never gonna smoke. not after someone i know died from smoking
Jordan Inc.
wuts with all the drug topics? well, you dont wanna quit is probably cuz you are addicted. quit now before you regret. smoking is NOT cool, you are killing yourself. you have bad breathe. you have ugly teeth. you let dirty paper with dead plants in it inside your mouth. you obviously dont care about anyone. you are harming the health of others. the whole earth is getting polutted because of you damn smokers. YEAH, ARE YOU GONNA TAKE THAT FROM ME? QUIT SMOKING DAMN IT
stephinika
no id rather live. _dry.gif
Azn Kid from NY
yah i think im the cause of all thse drug threads cuz of my weed topic.....i think im hated on CB now.lol...

anyway...im getting sick of people bitching and yelling to people to stop smoking or doing drugs....well can i ask u something? u donating money to lung cancer victims? u volunteer at all to help people quit smoking? u try to help any anti drug/smoking organizations at all? ever take an active role in ur community to confront the problem?

answer is NO..ur not doing shit but sitting behind ur computer and judging other people who u know nothing about...and then u gonna call us idiots and fools and throw some bullshit statistics and information at our face....U dont know SHIT....
DaTru KataLYST
QUOTE(Azn Kid from NY @ Jan 11 2005, 7:09 PM)
yah i think im the cause of all thse drug threads cuz of my weed topic.....i think im hated on CB now.lol...

anyway...im getting sick of people bitching and yelling to people to stop smoking or doing drugs....well can i ask u something?  u donating money to lung cancer victims?  u volunteer at all to help people quit smoking?  u try to help any anti drug/smoking organizations at all?  ever take an active role in ur community to confront the problem?

answer is NO..ur not doing shit but sitting behind ur computer and judging other people who u know nothing about...and then u gonna call us idiots and fools and throw some bullshit statistics and information at our face....U dont know SHIT....

i don't wanna go allout arguing with you again, so I'll just ask you how do you know the answer is no?

Actually, yes, I do. I have voluteered at Anti-drug events and organizations. I have deplored smoking (That is how you stop someone from smoking BEFORE he gets lung cancer). You know all those livestrong bands? They go to research to fight cancer.
Azn Kid from NY
yeah i would have thought U might have Datru Katalyst....

but ...most people just come up and start talking shit...as if they know something about it....when they dont know anything..pisses me off
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
i do but not alot but i'm guessin that doesnt count as "smoking"
Just_Dream
Dear Azn Kid from NY,

Excuse me, but who are you to say that talking won't help? Ttrying to REASON people out of smoking CAN HELP them. Okay I admit it, I don't really donate to any of those organizations... I probably should, though.

Let's be reasonable here. Hypothetically speaking, if you told someone that smoking was bad and tried to educate them about the risks and consequences of smoking, taking drugs, drinking alcohol, etc. you JUST MIGHT SAVE A LIFE. We don't know what the future might bring, but at least we can help fight death and help people overcome harmful addictions, one day at a time. Azn Kid from NY, maybe you believe in the cliché "Actions speak louder than words." But maybe, JUST MAYBE, helping somone quit by telling them how to and why they should, can really change a life. It could even PREVENT fatalities/casualties.

Did you ever think that most of the people who smoke who have cancer could have prevented having [lung] cancer? Sure, donating can help try to cure people, but maybe if we help smokers quit, early in the addiction stage, we could PREVENT it from happening to them.

Sincerely,
Just_Dream
sharerol
No. Never. I live in a house full of smoke, and I hate it. I really despise the smell of smoke.
sweetdreamsx3
Nope and never will. I don't want to try it either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.