Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Producers
Forums > Community Center > Music
basick
This year the producers have really stood out from other years. You hear kids doing that stupid doo-doo-do-doo thing to imitate the "Yeah" beat, you see kids going bum bum bum bum to imitate "Jesus Walks" and you see kids doing the toungue thing to imitate "Drop it like its hot"... who are your favorite producers and what do you think were the best beats this year (the lyrics in the song don't matter its only about the beats)?

Scott Storch has been killing it this year... Lean Back was a hit, Let Me Love You was a hit, and that track on Loyal to the Game was hot..

Kanye West has really been doing his thing this year... This Way, Selfish, I Gota Love, that keisha coles joint, all the john legend joints, lucifer, encore, and NOT TO MENTION all the tracks on his own album, College Dropout...

Lil Jon has been getting lots of airtime.. I'm not a big fan cause all his beats all sound the same but what he is doing is working...

9th Wonder's beats are hot but he needs to do more.. I haven't heard that much of him to decide...

Havoc from Mobb Deep...

Alchemist's beats are usually pretty hot but some are just ermm.gif

Swizz Beats has really stepped his game up the late months of 2004... Bring Em Out was hot, State Ya Name is also a hot beat...

Mannie Fresh... haha... he is absolute trash while rapping but his beats are on point...

Dr. Dre's beats are crack... but he needs to get back with Ras Kass and bring that west coast underground... but all the tracks he produced were hot... "Encore", "disco Inferno", and "How We Do"... but he uses the same drums/patterns in every song

Neptunes... Shit i almost forgot lol... Drop It Like Its hot was a banger... Broken Glass... and everything they touch turns into a platinum album lol

Jazzie Pha.. What can I say the people want his beats... That T.I. track got lots of airplay and one two step is crack

but my favorite producer this year is Kanye West...with the Neptunes coming in 2nd...
Statistik
Lil Jon..his beats are so..you know what
basick
QUOTE(Jason61992 @ Dec 24 2004, 1:31 PM)
Lil Jon..his beats are so..you know what

his beats are so ass? i agree
xquizit
Timbaland.

// EDIT

Oh, this year? I'd say Kanye.
miszkristinexox
QUOTE(basick @ Dec 24 2004, 4:37 PM)
his beats are so ass? i agree

hahahaha!!!!

well i dont really know any producers but id have to agree with roxanne.
imadorkabledxd
QUOTE(xquizit @ Dec 24 2004, 4:38 PM)
Timbaland.

// EDIT

Oh, this year? I'd say Kanye.

agreed!!
ThePrincessofTKD
i`d say kanye west. he`s been doing a great job. i love all the songs he produces. _smile.gif
KissMe2408
i didn't think there were alot of good producers out this year....but kayne west yah was good, but i always liked lil john.........i dunno i haven't really thought about it
jr0h
i honestly dont know..

i guess kanye west?
kellyannie
QUOTE(jr0h @ Dec 25 2004, 5:04 AM)
i honestly dont know..

same here lol _unsure.gif
sexii_dessert
lol i'd say lil jon cuz he has the best beats...like for goodies, i think he produced that n other good songs tongue.gif
ANG33ZY
QUOTE(sexii_dessert @ Dec 25 2004, 1:10 PM)
lol i'd say lil jon cuz he has the best beats...like for goodies, i think he produced that n other good songs tongue.gif

I didn't know he produced Goodies...

This year, Kanyeezy.
xquizit
I don't know about you guys but all of Lil Jon's beats sound the same to me. He's not very impressive.
basick
QUOTE(xquizit @ Dec 25 2004, 2:38 PM)
I don't know about you guys but all of Lil Jon's beats sound the same to me. He's not very impressive.

yeah he uses the same sped up screech and then a fast paced drums - but thats what sells and gets played in the club... also kanyes beats are also pretty similar to each other (a sped up soul sample).... just blaze is killing it this year with the regular beats... just instruments no sample
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.