Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bittorent
Forums > Community Center > Music
lanbexx
hey, have people heard how suprnova and other sites got closed down by the RIAA? what do u think about it?
azn_r4pf4n
the RIAA does too much stuff these days.

can u name those sites they closed.?
tweeak
ive never heard of supernova, but i dont understand bittorrent
satisfied-tom
the leader of suprnova from what i heard shutdown suprnova because it was taking up too much of his time and he dosent like to deal with lawsuits. but theres a suprnova mirror somewhere..
comeupon
Yep owners arrested and servers seized, however small torrents forums will be unaffected since most of the servers are outside the US, mostly in Germany and Sweden. I've been waiting for it to happen for a while, there are some rumors that Fat Wreck and a couple other labels finally wrote up a report and submitted it, its a shame though 2 of my favorite torrent forums have to close for a while until they move the server or this gets beaten, which it may be since torrents are usually someone sharing their OWN cd/movie/cartoon whatever. Theres not a lot of Pirate torrents. Sharing is still legal, providing its the original item being shared and its not for money. The RIAA can have a harder time with this then they planned.

Edit: Suprnova was shut down, while the owner did say he shut it down it was because the RIAA told them team to either surrender the server or face legal action, they chose to surrender the servers. That is the info we in the BT world have been recieving, which is not always correct.
lanbexx
i believe there was suprnova.org, Youceff.com, torrentbits.org, phoenixtorrents.com, iso hunt.com.... probably others
azn_r4pf4n
oh ya.. i rmemeber bittorent now, its those files where u can put like hecka songs in one file like a album file or something. lol, they closed that down. well at least ppl wont make such a big fuss about downloading music using bittorrent.
Tung
f**k. i use suprnova for downloading all kinds of shit, music, games, movies, anything.

f**k i guess i have to go back to lame o irc.
Xerohedra
NOT SUPRNOVA!!! NOOO!!
satisfied-tom
Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up! But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it. We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links. We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

thats was on suprnova a couple days ago. but.. w00t! i found a suprnova mirror. since were not aloud to talk about warez and stuff just PM me for the link.
basick
yeah... sucks... i also use a mirror now lol
nyCzxfOx
THEY CLOSED IT??

IMMA CRY!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!

T_T T_T;; IMMA CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY
FreeStickers
QUOTE(nyCzxfOx @ Dec 22 2004, 8:25 PM)
THEY CLOSED IT??

IMMA CRY!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!!

T_T T_T;; IMMA CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY

I'm going to cry toO! I thought the server was just down. I'm a dummy.
angel-roh
im very confused....are you guys talking about a car or some message board?? >.<;;
DaTru KataLYST
QUOTE(angel_roh @ Dec 23 2004, 12:04 AM)
im very confused....are you guys talking about a car or some message board?? >.<;;

bittorrent is a form of downloading information. Just like P2p, but faster.

now..

OMG ::SCREAMSCREAMSCREAM::

WHY!! SUPRNOVA!! WHYYYY!!!! WHERETF AM I GONNA GET MUSIC AND TV AND MOVIES NOW?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!? (FOR FREE)

O.M.G.!!!!

I'm gonna go PM satisfied-tom now...
imadorkabledxd
yea i heard abotu it. damn RIAA> i hate them.
Weird addiction
QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 22 2004, 8:10 PM)
ive never heard of supernova, but i dont understand bittorrent

Ha im just like u
jr0h
im totally clueless on what this topic is being discussed about..lol
KissMe2408
lol yah i was waiting for them to close down the site, it was too good. As long as they don't close singingfish or launch, then im happy ph34r.gif
satisfied-tom
QUOTE(jr0h @ Dec 23 2004, 12:38 PM)
im totally clueless on what this topic is being discussed about..lol

this topic is about suprnova.org..

what is suprnova.org? well, suprnova was a site that hosted millions of bittorrents. what is bittorent? bittorent is like kazaa, limeware, and other p2p networks but the advantage of bittorrent is that it is faster (ALOT FASTER THAN KAZAA!) and more secure than most p2p networks.

yes i know its a very crappy discription. to make it simple, suprnova.org was the key to bittorrent.
comeupon
>>byebye<<
DaTru KataLYST
QUOTE(comeupon @ Dec 23 2004, 10:19 PM)
Just go to TorrentSpy.com... I stopped using suprnova ages ago.

dont give out sites, or you'll lock the topic.

bittorrent is just like P2P (kazaa) except faster and theres no need to dl a client program.

Here's how it works:

You have this...program. You upload it onto a bittorrent server (like Suprnova.org) and that server stores all 100% of the program. People on the internet will begin to download the program off the server. But at the same time one downloads the program they also upload the data to other downloaders. This frees the server from holding 100% of the data, and now you have thousands of people dLing and upLing with each other. Every downloader is effectively a server for the program now. And the more servers there are to dl from, the faster it goes.

Hard to explain, made no sense. sorry.
comeupon
How is giving away a site going to close the topic? Its not illegal (for now anyway lol), and its not a download site itself. Its just a search engine. Like google only for torrents _dry.gif but I guess ill edit it out pinch.gif
DaTru KataLYST
QUOTE(comeupon @ Dec 23 2004, 10:34 PM)
How is giving away a site going to close the topic? Its not illegal (for now anyway lol), and its not a download site itself. Its just a search engine. Like google only for torrents _dry.gif but I guess ill edit it out pinch.gif

i think its against the advertising rules
tweeak
not if youre advertising something ontopic, and not starting the topic based on it. im pretty sure torrentspy.com is ok
cmgchica717
I heard about that...the only reason I heard about it is because the manfriend uses it to download stuff and he got p.o'd when he heard they shut down

Oh well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.