Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: evanescence
Forums > Community Center > Music
aznxdreamer
amy cannot sing live, i mean, compared to her CD, its like its a complelty diffrent person. her voice sounds all diffrent and she always goes off tune.

do you think that they edited her voice on the CD?
lylbabyblooz
doesn't every celebrity? blink.gif
stephinika
she can sing live. i went to their concert, and i thought she'd sound bad but she actually didn't.
cmgchica717
I watched the Billboard award show the other day and she sang My Immortal live oh my gosh, it was awful. Maybe she was having a bad night or had a sore throat or something because I had to turn the channel it was that bad
Papercut
QUOTE(lylbabyblooz @ Dec 12 2004, 11:46 PM)
doesn't every celebrity? blink.gif

Yea most celebities these days get their voices edited to make it sound "better" -_- Its kinda like lying to their fans that they sound all good and crap but they really dont but meh thats just me. I heard Avril sing live a couple of years ago and she sounded like she was singing while inhaling someone elses fart but now when I see her perform "live" in tv she sounds better I guess... Or maybe its just that I got used to listening to her voice because theyre always playing her songs and while they dont play >talented< bands/artists/groups whatever the hell you wanna call them _dry.gif
PurchasedRebellion
Seriously, no one ever sounds the way they do on their album.
organsounds
gwen stefani used to be so horrible live
Papercut
QUOTE(organsounds @ Dec 13 2004, 3:13 PM)
gwen stefani used to be so horrible live

Really? Used as in past tense? _dry.gif
Kathleen
amy cannot sing live, i mean, compared to her CD, its like its a complelty diffrent person. her voice sounds all diffrent and she always goes off tune.

Vraiment? sad.gif Ce n'est pas très sympa. pinch.gif
xj_liana_tx
i love evanescence.. i love their songs..
sharerol
Dude, every celebrity sounds different live. Of course they edit their voice on the cd. But personally, I like Amy's voice.
LeSLiE
Amy Lee has a very nice voice.. I think everyone sounds a bit different live.
vivieeeen
oh come on

Dido's different live, than on cd (really obvious) and why do people still like her? There has to be a reason.

Just because it's different, doesn't necessarily mean that the singer is bad right?

and amy, well, i've heard her sing live. Different but wonderful all the same.

stubborn.gif.... it's the ones that sound the same that you should be scared..
llpurpleskyll
amy lee has a strong voice....i mean..singing over drums and all that crapz...is pretty hard x_X
weirdness
i heard jason mraz live n it sounded messed up. i got disappointed =(

yea they edit every celebrity's voice on their cd...
me1issaaaa
amy lee is amazing. i mean, compare her to others that sing live. i think she's the coolest chick out there.

and of course they're gonna sound a little different. on the cd, they've been recording in a nice, cool studio sitting down being able to re-record everything, but live, when you're moving all around on that huge stage with thousands of people and those loud guitars and drums... i mean really, people. it's pretty darn hard to be as good as the cd on there, and i think amy does a wonderful job.

heeey, it was her birthday yesterday happy.gif
angel-roh
i dont think so. she has a beautiful voice by the way =] she sounds the same from her album and from her live songs =]
aznxdreamer
but people like beyone and mary j blige can sing really well live.
Saeglopur
Y`know what? PEOPLE FROM OPERAS AND MUSICALS CAN SING LIVE WELL.

It's amazing especially without the micronphone and all you hear are their muffled voices when you're so far away from the stage.
bballchick1
yea - i know she can't sing..i don't really like them or that type of music anyway
matthew thiessen
Amy Lee has such a powerful voice. I personally think that she is freakin' awesome live.
aznxdreamer
she does hae a strong voice and all but not on stage.

http://www.evanescence.com/home.html

click on "music" and listen to some of her live performances.
StanleyThePanda
she does hae a strong voice and all but not on stage.

that doesnt make sense. either she does or doesnt. you said she does....but not on stage....so are you saying she doesnt? Im confused.
--------------------------------------

she did mess up on the billboards. but it happens.
I like her voice.
I dont like how they are mainstream though.
wow I havent listened to them in awhile.
the live performances (on the site) sound fine to me
sharerol
How was she so bad at the Billboard Awards? I didn't see it. >.<
xbladeoffire90x
I love Evanescence. I have their CD Fallen..it's great

Live, very different, but still beautiful
brokenskys
its not like the completely edit it. they just put filters through. and you have to understand, for the cd, they sing things over and over and over in little fragments till it sounds perfect. plus they can hear themselves. you have no idea how much easier it is to have a perfect pitch when you can hear yourself in the headphones.

i saw her sing on the billboard awards too. i was wincing the whole time.
HikaruTakekawa
i think they edit every artists' cd, but i think she's a pretty good singer. she was probably having a rough night at the billboard awards, she didnt seem too happy either.
jr0h
yeah i never heard amy live but even if shes bad its not like shes the only one
1--GIRL
Yeh.. well I think they sound better on the cd because she sings it over and over again till she gets it right. But on stage, she only has like this one chance.. so yeh.. if i made any sense.. mellow.gif
inthemudhole
Most singers DO edit their voices.

And I agree with 1--GIRL.
kellyannie
QUOTE(1--GIRL @ Dec 18 2004, 7:21 PM)
Yeh.. well I think they sound better on the cd because she sings it over and over again till she gets it right. But on stage, she only has like this one chance.. so yeh.. if i made any sense.. mellow.gif

yes that's true.. thats how you find out who REALLY has talent and who doesn't
KissMe2408
lol i think alot of ppl always sound diff live. Like avril lavigne i think sounds totally dif live. but i mean i still think whats her name has a pretty good voice, i heard her sing at a live concert, it was different but still good
shortiiex
i think all singers get their voice edited on their CD
smthngcrprategrl34
QUOTE(xj_liana_tx @ Dec 13 2004, 6:24 PM)
i love evanescence.. i love their songs..

same. and doesn't everyone sound different live?
JlIaTMK
are you kidding me?
people think she cant sing when they should look at all these other bands that only scream their lungs out and they think thats singing? Tell me how that's singing and ill be willing to compromise.
Oh, and, if she can't sing, I'd like to see one of you critics go up there and try it. I'm pretty sure you'd all lose your voice from just staring at the audience.
happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.