Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: book + highlighter =
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Books
CEP
Am I the only one who highlights very deep phrases I find on a book?
I mean, sure it kind of ruins the value, but atleast I get some nice quotes from it.
So..

Does anyone else read with a pen/pencil/highlighter near by just in case there's something worth underlining or highlighting?

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

Edit:\\
Oh, and what kind of quotes do you underline?
Like, for me, I usually underline the ones that make me go, " Damn, that's deep. "
Sumiaki
I photocopy and highlight. happy.gif Happy 1000th post sharie! *glomps sharie*<3
iheartsimba
no i dont.

i don't read much acturalllyy
and what i do read is for school and i dont find many meaningful phrases in a math book.

happy 1000th post sharie! <3
hybrid
I do it. All intellects do it. If you don't, screw you, you loser. tongue.gif

Yay Sharie's 1000th? post.
LilPiggi3
i dunt highlight the phrases, i write them down =P and add it to my long list of quotes
crazeegirl411
Uh...I should do that but I'm lazy. Sometimes, I've seen in the old books with my sister's highlighting.

Hehe, and thanks!!
black_cloud10
i only have the urge to write in books when its something i'm reading for class and i want to take notes... i know i'm a loser like that

if i find a quote i like i'll write it in my notebook, email it around, or write it on my pillow case

happy 1000thpost sharie
distortedMIND
I do it all the time. happy.gif

The kind of quotes I highlight are the ones that make me think and say, "Wow...".
_beinginloveisfun_
biggrin.gif i do! i also keep a journal sometimes with quotes. but mostly my in my books i write about the characters and motives and stuff. i love to read and think about stuff. *runs to room and hugs mini library*.

deep thought book-----> farenheit 451
orlando_bloom_luva
i do...sometimes, happy 1000th post sharie :] flowers.gif
Kathleen
Highlighting? Hmm...never heard of that before...mmm...

Happy 1,000th post, Sharie! happy.gif
F1R3B4T
i read wit a pencil and notepad and scribble down really good quotes or stuff that i want to remember...
Luster Soldier
Not really, I don't like stopping to highlight when I read. Kinda stops the rhythm, lol.

Btw, congratulations sharie for 1000 posts laugh.gif
whomps
But then it ruins the book! Which reminds me..
JlIaTMK
mellow.gif

IT RUINS THE BOOK VALUE!! mad.gif

oh well i dont do that
IIO__oII
i only do it when i do summer reading... :)
sailormei
Haha. Nope, never been a habit. I'll do it in class when the teacher tells me, but other than that. =X
inthemudhole
I don't really highlight things.

Yay, congrats, Sharie.

Psh. I never got a 1,000th post post thing or 2,000.
pinch.gif
mai_z
i don't really highlight things in books, it sorta ruins the flow of your reading..... i'm one of those people who doesn't really read the words, but sorta absorbs it all at once, and kinda plays it in my head. It really screws me over sometimes for school tho, cuz sometimes I can't pinpoint exact phrases, etc, but it's all gd
mizz_mithy
if i see a quote i like in a book or somethin i write it down in my notebook.
Rachel
i do both: highlight AND write it down somewhere else

the ones that i highlite/write are either inspiring ones or ones that make me think...or even laugh!
sheepy
i keep it in my head happy.gif
Just_Dream
Hm.. the only books I ENJOY reading are manga books lol. And I dare NOT draw in them of any sort. Why? Because I keep them all nice and straight in my ziplock bags. ph34r.gif
Eternally_Yours
i dont highlight them, but i just write it down somewhere.
POonSKi
sometimes i do that too... but i only do it when it really mean something to me~...lol... also when my teacher made me**haha
juliar
I only highlight when I'm reading a book the school wants me to highlight.
I usually carry deep phrases in my mind.
elmogurly
I highlight my bible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.