Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: working out
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Maccabee
dunno why we haven't had a thread like this yet

do you have a gym membership? how often do you workout? are you serious about it? and post stats.

i go to snap fitness a crappy little gym without a squat rack
i workout 3-4 times a week
im serious about it, but it doesnt take any effort, i just made it part of my lifestyle
5'5 127lbs
none345678
sometimes I go to the gym with my friends and they laugh at me while I try and bench the bar
Tomates
I have a membership to the University rec center. I can pay a fee per semester and then go whenever I want.
I'm not as serious though, because of the way my schedule is I really only have time to go once a week and I tend to work out on Sunday Afternoons (I hate when it's really crowded).
Though because of exam week I haven't been able to go and I probably wont for a while.
I also tend to do some abdominal workouts in my dorm.
sixfive
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 12 2011, 11:57 PM) *
dunno why we haven't had a thread like this yet

do you have a gym membership? how often do you workout? are you serious about it? and post stats.

i go to snap fitness a crappy little gym without a squat rack
i workout 3-4 times a week
im serious about it, but it doesnt take any effort, i just made it part of my lifestyle
5'5 127lbs

I'm a foot taller than you lol.
Maccabee
QUOTE(JackRapington @ Dec 13 2011, 01:23 AM) *
sometimes I go to the gym with my friends and they laugh at me while I try and bench the bar

i hope that doesn't stop you from working out.

QUOTE(Tomates @ Dec 13 2011, 01:46 AM) *
I have a membership to the University rec center. I can pay a fee per semester and then go whenever I want.
I'm not as serious though, because of the way my schedule is I really only have time to go once a week and I tend to work out on Sunday Afternoons (I hate when it's really crowded).
Though because of exam week I haven't been able to go and I probably wont for a while.
I also tend to do some abdominal workouts in my dorm.

that's cool. i've never been to a college gym but i hear they're nice. what do you usually do when you're there?
sixfive
get trolled abbey doesnt have friends
Tomates
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 13 2011, 09:14 AM) *
that's cool. i've never been to a college gym but i hear they're nice. what do you usually do when you're there?

I usually do the elliptical for 20-30 minutes, then some abdominal work. Then I head to the lovely sauna~
none345678
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 13 2011, 08:14 AM) *

It actually does lol. At a gym anyhow.

QUOTE(sixfive @ Dec 13 2011, 12:40 PM) *
get trolled abbey doesnt have friends

Complete strangers. Friends. They are all the same
brooklyneast05
working out is fun
Tomates
Now that I'm home for break I can't go to the gym every sunday.
Though my mom said she is willing to guest past me when she works out, but she works out at a really snobby place :(
none345678
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Dec 17 2011, 02:13 PM) *
working out is fun

Maybe if you're a prisoner. other than that, NO IT ISN'T
heyo-captain-jack
I lift so much shit at work and stay walking around so it's almost like working out for 8 hours a day
sixfive
i prefer sports
Maccabee
QUOTE(JackRapington @ Dec 18 2011, 12:28 AM) *
Maybe if you're a prisoner. other than that, NO IT ISN'T

it's fun. my perspective of the gym isn't to get it over with. i enjoy working out, how it makes me feel, and seeing the results.

QUOTE(wwwww @ Dec 19 2011, 12:19 AM) *
I lift so much shit at work and stay walking around so it's almost like working out for 8 hours a day

yeah but you can't add more and more weight.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Dec 19 2011, 11:46 PM) *

it's fun. my perspective of the gym isn't to get it over with. i enjoy working out, how it makes me feel, and seeing the results.
yeah but you can't add more and more weight.

no but I'm pretty confident that 50 pounds is enough to stay healthy. I'm not trying to bulk, I just don't want to gain 200 pounds
Maccabee
QUOTE(wwwww @ Dec 20 2011, 10:38 AM) *
no but I'm pretty confident that 50 pounds is enough to stay healthy. I'm not trying to bulk, I just don't want to gain 200 pounds

you cant bulk unless you eat more than you burn. but you can't built additional strength without adding weight. you can increase endurance though.
heyo-captain-jack
I don't need additional strength. I'm a sound engineer, not a professional strongman.
untcay
I run 5-6 days a week for 3-5 miles, it all depends on what mood I'm in.
And I'll do strength training or yoga 3 days a week.
Teesa
i try to work out 5-6 days a week for an hour or so and i only run on treadmills.
Lickityeffinggsplit
-24 hour fitness

-6 days a week, depending on what needs to be done

-6'1 160lbs, around roughly 5% bodyfat right now

- body has become accustomed to eating (clean) every 2 to three hours, and focusing carbohydrates in the beginning of my day, rather than spreading them out randomly.
Lickityeffinggsplit
QUOTE(wwwww @ Dec 18 2011, 10:19 PM) *

that wont do shit.

maybe if your obese, and stayed sedentary for about a month, you may break a sweat.... or just get some heart palps.
Maccabee
QUOTE(Lickityeffinggsplit @ Jan 15 2012, 12:53 PM) *
-24 hour fitness

-6 days a week, depending on what needs to be done

-6'1 160lbs, around roughly 5% bodyfat right now

- body has become accustomed to eating (clean) every 2 to three hours, and focusing carbohydrates in the beginning of my day, rather than spreading them out randomly.

so you have the average bodybuilder diet and regimen? do you cycle clean bulking and cutting?
would you ever go vegan like this guy?
also post pics.
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

QUOTE(Teesa @ Dec 22 2011, 12:47 PM) *
i try to work out 5-6 days a week for an hour or so and i only run on treadmills.

you should think about doing resistance training as well! just adding squats and deadlifts will save you a lot of time because it works your entire body and resistance training will increase your metabolism for 8 hours. also squats/deads will give you a tight curved but.
heyo-captain-jack
I should show these pictures to your parents joseph
Maccabee
QUOTE(wwwww @ Jan 16 2012, 12:32 AM) *
I should show these pictures to your parents joseph

who cares i walk around shirtless all day
Blyat
shit son..
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Jan 16 2012, 11:36 AM) *
who cares i walk around shirtless all day

you get weirder by the minute
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(sixfive @ Jan 17 2012, 12:54 AM) *
even though i think he's a f****t i really don't think it's that weird to walk around shirtless, especially at home.

you've ruined my joke thanks
Lickityeffinggsplit
QUOTE(Maccabee @ Jan 15 2012, 11:15 AM) *
so you have the average bodybuilder diet and regimen? do you cycle clean bulking and cutting?
would you ever go vegan like this guy?
also post pics.

lol um alright

this is just an old pic pulled off of imageshack, it was easier. this about the same shape i was in when i greeted for A&F
Maccabee
QUOTE(Lickityeffinggsplit @ Jan 17 2012, 11:41 PM) *
lol um alright

this is just an old pic pulled off of imageshack, it was easier. this about the same shape i was in when i greeted for A&F

got dam black guy genetics. lol. i look like a toddler next to you.
Lickityeffinggsplit
lol my genetics would have me be 120 lbs with little definition
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.