Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: superbowl 2011
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
Teesa
yeah, this should be in sports.

soo, what are you all doing for it? any special traditions? eat a lotta food? don't watch the game, but watch the commercials/half time show? or do you not watch it?

i'm going to be watching it by myself for the first time in my life, so it will be interesting. i love the game of course, but i love the commercials too...since the janet jackson fiasco, i haven't really watched the halftime show, but this year i will.
sixfive
I don't care too much for the halftime show but I still watch it ofc. I love the commercials. I love the game. The packers are going to win. We're having a superbowl 45 part at my house, about 20-25 people cooking tons of bratwurst and I'm cooking plenty of other food, maybe some buffalo. I cannot wait.
brooklyneast05
today is first and foremost the day magic play celtics, but after that i might watch this shit people call the superbowl.

i'm planning to order a good pizza and hot wings and chow down.

steelers are winning this and steven will be very sad.
karmakiller
I don't think the Packers will win. But since I live in the land of all that is green and gold I can't publicly announce how I feel lol I'll be kind of glad when the Superbowl is over just because Packer fans are f*cking nuts...
sixfive
Nah dude football fans are nuts. Packers fans are fat white people who like to eat cheese; Steelers fans are on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Teesa
ooh apparently usher is gonna make an appearance during the halftime show. i'm getting very excited for this!
superstitious
Superbowl is not my thing at all but wanted to say that I hope all of you Superbowl fans are having fun today!
none345678
What, is that a sports thing?

yeah I do not partake in the event that is the Superbowl. Usually I will go to one of the parties so I can eat other peoples food, but I opted out this year. I don't even care much for the commercials anymore
brooklyneast05
ugh f*cking packers with 3 td already. i'm going to be wrong again against steven.
iRapediCarly
aaron rodgers is just running drills, he must be bored as f*ck
heyo-captain-jack
I always nail the predictions for every game but the super bowl. XLIII was the only one I ever got right
karmakiller
QUOTE(serotonin @ Feb 6 2011, 03:08 PM) *
Nah dude football fans are nuts. Packers fans are fat white people who like to eat cheese; Steelers fans are on the opposite end of the spectrum.
yeah pretty much.

i was pretty doubtful, even to the end. but i can't believe they missed that touchdown.
sixfive
Oh man I was getting so pissed. What a great game, though :D
none345678
Was the half time show as bad as everyone is making it sound like?

edit Ok, yes. yes it was. holy shit.
Teesa
^haha, i got soooo excited to see usher though :))

the darth vader commercial was SO cute. and the bridgestone "reply all" one cracked me up.
none345678
Usher was good, the only good part actually. Fergie really really bombed imo, though. Esp. At Sweet Child of Mine.

I haven't seen any of the commercials yet, but everyone keeps pointing out the Darth Vader one lol
sixfive
OH And the Doritos ones. Those were good. Especially the one that brought back gramps. And the Pepsi Max one where JC's girlfriend miss JC and hit the innocent white girl. And the Bud Light hack kitchen one.

They started off strong then started sucking as much as abbey in a dry spell.
saintsaens
the halftime concert was shit until slash came onto the show and calmed tthat shit the f*ck down

seriously did yall not see the subtle movement of slash trying to match his rhythm with fergie? slash is a true musician always will be

oh the tron people dancing on the field was fukken cool lol i laughed a lot
saintsaens
at one point watching the half time show i was like "I DONT KNOW WHERE I AM"
Blyat
I thought Fergie sounded terrible
But I LOVED that Volkswagen Vader commercial :p
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.