Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spoilers
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
batman
for movies and books and shows.

do you care? does it ruin it for you?

like i was talking about antm once with a friend and didn't know she didn't watch the last two episodes so i accidentally told her the winner and she pretty much attacked me.

spoilers don't ruin things for me, really. i know the journey and discovery of what happens is supposed to be important and all, but knowing what happens in the end usually doesn't take away from how much i enjoy watching. i can't handle cliffhangers or suspense, which is why i always wait for show seasons to air completely before watching.

i tend to look things up before i start them, anyways. i don't like watching sad things, so that's my way of avoiding that.
DoubleJ
I agree. I was watching a movie and just fast forwarded to the end to see what happened and then rewinded it to see how they got there. It is too much when you're watching a show and they only want to give you just enough to keep coming back. JUST TELL US ALREADY
saintsaens
i remember when i was posting wrong information about harry potter on this website and everyone got REAL MAD

doesn't bug me much at all
Joanne
It really depends on what story it is. Some spoilers don't bother me at all, while some could push me into a fit of rage, lol. Eh.
batman
i'm marathoning dexter season 5 and my fingers are itching to wikipedia what happens, but i'm actually restraining myself. idk, trying to be surprised and whatnot. but i hate surprises, so maybe thats why i don't care about spoilers.
Joanne
QUOTE(batman @ Jan 8 2011, 10:26 AM) *
i'm marathoning dexter season 5 and my fingers are itching to wikipedia what happens, but i'm actually restraining myself. idk, trying to be surprised and whatnot. but i hate surprises, so maybe thats why i don't care about spoilers.

Oh come to think of it, I almost always Wiki shows before I watch them. I honestly don't know why I do though...

But even though I find out what happens beforehand, it doesn't ever really ruin the show for me. Like Skins, for instance -- I knew Chris and Freddie were going to die and how they were going to die, but watching the actual episodes still made me go OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm mostly just iffy about movie spoilers.
sixfive
snape killed
saintsaens
i mean the thing is i can still be surprised while knowing what happens at the end, it's more the knowing of details of the surprise and getting there that makes it fun
saintsaens
surprise, at the end of the game you find the cake is a lie and then you die
gojira

i like spoilers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.