Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caffeine
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
sixfive
Are y'all hooked? How frequently do y'all drink it? I drink it fairly infrequently. Whenever I need to stay up late and study, or play games til 4 am because I feel like it, I can always rely on a few trusty cokes. No lie though I started to drink a lot of it, I drank like 12 cans in two weeks.

Oh also five hour energy works wonders, too bad it won't fix you if you're about to pass out though, gotta head shit off at the pass.

I wonder how coffee would react, that shit's loaded with caffeine. Cold weather coming soon so maybe I can starbucks it up for overpriced mass commercially sold tasty drinks.
gojira
switching to tea for now. i will miss hot coffee on cold days :(
heyo-captain-jack
I drink about five cokes a day, two cups of coffee, usually either a can of tea or an energy drink, and I eat those chocolate covered coffee beans all the time.

I might be a little addicted.
sixfive
QUOTE(gojira @ Nov 18 2010, 02:09 PM) *
switching to tea for now. i will miss hot coffee on cold days :(

i would drink tea more often if it were more readily available. I've considered just making large doses of tea at a time and refrigerating it
gojira
oh you prefer iced? most asian famiries have tea readily available. our household even has those instant hot water thingies, lol..

DRANK A REDBULL TODAY THO
sixfive
Oh idk I'm not a big hot drink drinker. Even when I was in NY and it was 20 degrees out I sometimes ordered iced coffees :X Still though, my family's not a big tea or coffee drinking family, just my mom at 6 in the morning and no way in hell am I going to be awake at that time.
gojira
I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 6 mad.gif it just depends on my mood, sometimes i will crave cold things in winter time but i love hot coffee and tea
sixfive
Yeah but I stay up until like 2 or 3 need more than 4 hours of sreep. idk though when i have my own place / have to be more responsible (next fall) I'll probably get something like
Gold Chocobo
honestly, man up. caffeine is a waste of money. I know a lot of people who don't need it at all.
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Gold Chocobo @ Nov 22 2010, 02:52 PM) *
honestly, man up. caffeine is a waste of money. I know a lot of people who don't need it at all.

eat a dick
Gold Chocobo
get a life, 11k posts. I haven't even reached 50 yet and I'm already sick of this place LOL.

also, since my post was directly above yours, it was pretty unnecessary to quote me. then again I have common sense idk about you
heyo-captain-jack
not gonna lie I think a good thousand or two of my posts are illegitimate.

also quantity over quality etc.
itsclyde
tea all day, everyday. i don't think caffeine affects me anymore..
saintsaens
usually a standard 4 shots of espresso wakes me up and keeps me pretty focused for a good while, plus it's an appetite suppressor so when i dont have an opportunity to eat i will drink coffee all day

but uhm i think i like canned energy drinks better cause i can maintain some kind of weird crack buzz cause i'm so canned out

btw if you want canned alcohol+caffeine say goodbye to 4Loko (Good night, sweet prince) that shit was the best
saintsaens
oh and btw ice coffee always good, all the time
sixfive
Don't worry, 4loko is back.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/brandPages/tilt.html
synapse
QUOTE(serotonin @ Nov 16 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Oh also five hour energy works wonders, too bad it won't fix you if you're about to pass out though, gotta head shit off at the pass.

Don't I know it. I was about to pass out right before class, I was like this stuff is nasty, but it'll help me stay awake... wrong.
sixfive
Oh I like the flavor, it's like sour candy
saintsaens
5 hour energy drinks taste delicious considering how nasty caffeine drinks are and it's only a shot's amount anyways; they also usually have a shitton of vitamin B12
Maccabee
Haven't drank a soda for like a year, and I don't drink coffee to keep me awake. Maybe once a week just because it tastes good with an ouma rusk or something.

gojira
wow so tired today neeed coffee bad
sixfive
YAAWWWNNN

just woke up
datass
hardly. if ever, i drink earl grey tea, which doesn't have a lot of caffeine. i can't drink coffee, it really messes with my system and i end up feeling very agitated and restless, and my heart beats faster or something. it sucks.
gojira
damn that sucks. i love coffee. my father used to let me take sips from his cup when i was a kid.
none345678
I can only drink iced coffee that has epic amounts of chocolate/whip cream in it. Basically it can't taste like coffee. I like the smell of it though
sixfive
i love the smell of coffee. when i worked in a restaurant everyone'd get pretty tired as the shift went on. i'd get a full glass and put ice in it 3/4 of the way up and fill the sucker with coffee that I brewed. when i'd brew coffee there i'd make it double - triple strength (at least i didn't do that in the decaff machine lol) and fill the glass of ice with that, put a creamer / sugar in it, and chug that sucker. no more being tired for me
beautiful-waste
Amen to all of this. Well, except the 5 Hour Energy, that stuff never works for me, ever. Straight caffeine does. Coffee is my method of choice, or Rockstars, or just straight caffeine pills.

QUOTE(serotonin @ Nov 16 2010, 10:42 AM) *
Are y'all hooked? How frequently do y'all drink it? I drink it fairly infrequently. Whenever I need to stay up late and study, or play games til 4 am because I feel like it, I can always rely on a few trusty cokes. No lie though I started to drink a lot of it, I drank like 12 cans in two weeks.

I wonder how coffee would react, that shit's loaded with caffeine. Cold weather coming soon so maybe I can starbucks it up for overpriced mass commercially sold tasty drinks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.