Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010-2011 NBA Thread
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sixfive
To start, I found a picture today:

click to enlarge

Anyway, Rockets are actually looking good this year. No more T-Mac, but with our luck Yao will be hurt within the first 10-15 games. Regardless, I have high hopes, but being a Houston team I can't put them too high. Houston teams like to shoot themselves in the foot.
brooklyneast05
yeah dawg check out espn + marvel. they did covers for each team.

i think rockets are more stable than last year. i mean yeah, yao is yao. if you get half a season out of him you're probably doing good. i duno how well they'll do over all. they're just like a middle line team. if they finished well enough to get into the very bottom of the playoffs i wouldn't be surprised, and i wouldn't' be surprised if they didn't make it at all.

i'm excited. i'm excited for orlando of course. they haven't really made significant roster changes though so i guess i'm more excited to see chicago than orlando actually play. can't wait for that.

excited to see miami lose of course. excited to see the lakers not 3peat

did you hear the new shit stern is saying. he wants to cut player salaries by like a third. which will never happen imo. but he also is talking about contraction and getting rid of some teams. which would be fine with me honestly cause if i never have to watch another memphis or charlotte game i won't be crying myself to sleep.

LittleMissSunshine
miami lost in the preseason against the atlanta hawks i believe.. ): lebron james aint helping whatsoever..
sixfive
rofl poor michael jordan. i didn't hear about that, it's kinda funny though. I don't think that should be up to him though, it should be up to the team owners and the hosts. I realllly don't like stern. I also don't know what I think about the salary cut. I understand the need for a salary cap, and if it becomes that low interesting things might happen trade-wise. If all of a sudden the Lakers have all this money and no longer have to pay Kobe as much I'd make a bet you'd have plenty of high profile players wanting to go play with Kobe to get themselves a ring similar to the heat situation
iRapediCarly
so whatchu guys think about Blake Griffin aka "Da White Howard" rofl
brooklyneast05
he's a f*cking beast. too bad he's stuck on the clips. they got the W against hornets last night but that is a rare case.

his dunks a few nights ago blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
sixfive
the rockets..... :(

wtb a center
brooklyneast05
give up yao ming

give up greg oden

y'all are not made for this game
sixfive
yao might be okay if he didn't play year round and actually got some rest. loyalty to china = sorry can't be in NBA
LittleMissSunshine
spurs unbeatable season so far :D
sixfive
don't say you're a spurs fan b/c you live in san antonio that city's a shit hole
iRapediCarly
and full of cheaters of eva longoria
brooklyneast05
i'll take eva
iRapediCarly
sixfive
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww shit
brooklyneast05
hahahahaha yes, i can't let beyonce see me saying that.

BEYONCE WILL ALWAYS BE NUMBER ONE IN MY HEART
LittleMissSunshine
QUOTE(serotonin @ Nov 24 2010, 12:58 AM) *
don't say you're a spurs fan b/c you live in san antonio that city's a shit hole

i didn't say i was a spurs fan... i just said they were unbeatable for like 11 games or something like that. but i believe they lost friday. ANYWAYS heat's coach is getting fired.
iRapediCarly
lets go clippers
DoubleJ
My Spurs are doing good
iRapediCarly
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BLOCK BUSTER TRADE TODAY
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(liquordick @ Dec 18 2010, 08:04 PM) *
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BLOCK BUSTER TRADE TODAY

omg yes. i don't know how i feel about it 100% yet. NOT GONNA MISS TRASHARD THOUGH. hedo is back. j rich.

i loved pietrus though :(
iRapediCarly
yeah, think magic came up, agent 00, JRICHHHH, and hedo. I did like baldy and air france though
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(liquordick @ Dec 18 2010, 10:56 PM) *
yeah, think magic came up, agent 00, JRICHHHH, and hedo. I did like baldy and air france though

i won't be at all surprised if they make another move to get another guy (back up center) before it's all said and done.
iRapediCarly
i hope so, least their offense is more beefed up
LittleMissSunshine
yo dem nuggets lost today. lol
Teesa
sad.gif
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(Teesa @ Dec 23 2010, 08:59 PM) *
sad.gif

SMILE BECAUSE ORLANDO JUST PLAYED THEIR BEST GAME OF THE YEAR AND KILLED THE SPURS

this trade was so damn good for us
Teesa
_smile.gif i hate the spurs

I MISS YOU JC
brooklyneast05
i hate them too. i love gil, jrich and hedo. we haven't even had a real practice yet and we are already able to beat a good team.

i miss you too kid
Teesa
i know! arenas and richardson did so well. love hedo always :)
brooklyneast05
christmas day is gonna be sick, so many games
Teesa
OMG. so excited. boston v. orlando. miami v. lakers AHHHHHH.

btw, don't like where this miami v. phoenix game is going right now
brooklyneast05
i'm always rooting for whoever is playing miami.
Teesa
yup yup same
iRapediCarly
Lakers v Bulls FINALS!!!
Teesa
thumbdown.gif
kryogenix
we getting melo teesa
brooklyneast05
oh yeah, james, how happy are you that the knicks are finally worth watching again

kryogenix
This about sums it up:

brooklyneast05
FELTON FOR ALL STAR
Teesa
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Dec 27 2010, 12:06 AM) *
we getting melo teesa

FML.

except he's going to new jersey, right? i'm still in denial about the whole thing. my family and i went to the game last night and they lost to the 76ers...and i was like wtf. this is the third game they have lost without melo there.
kryogenix
lol, if they trade him to NJ he probably won't resign with them and end up signing with the Knicks in free agency. at least if the rumors are true.

and yeah JC, Felton is having a career year. But I hope the Knicks get a backup point guard cause he's playing too many minutes to last into the playoffs at the current rate.
brooklyneast05
scariest underdog-ish teams to match up with early in the east in playoffs : knicks & bulls
Teesa
rumors are NOT true, don't want him on the knicks
kryogenix
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Dec 27 2010, 07:35 PM) *
scariest underdog-ish teams to match up with early in the east in playoffs : knicks & bulls

lol sad thing is, they might just end up facing each other in the first round

my dream is still for the knicks to knock out the heat in the first round allan houston running jumper style
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Dec 29 2010, 03:56 AM) *
lol sad thing is, they might just end up facing each other in the first round

my dream is still for the knicks to knock out the heat in the first round allan houston running jumper style

yeah i'm gonna be disappointed if that's how it works out. my dream scenario is knicks play heat & celtics play bulls. i don't want orlando to play either of them seasonal0.gif

hopefully heat get knocked out by someone regardless. it's hard to decide whether i hate heat or celtics more...but probably heat. i don't want to hear about them winning shit in playoffs so i'd rather they go down first.
brooklyneast05
orlando styling cool.gif
Tung
my lakers have been playing complacent this season. but i ain't too worried. however, i think it's important that we get homecourt advantage if we make it to the finals.

i don't like our chances with miami only because we don't watch up well. zydruanus illgaugakas or whatever you spell is it, is more effective than i thought he would be against gasol. if we play boston or orlando in the finals, i like our chances more.

as for the spurs, i think they are playing extremely well. however, i don't think they can beat us in a 7 game series. and dallas is always a regular season team that does well. and chokes in the playoffs so i'm not too worried about them. everyone else in the west isn't a threat to the lakers.

i want to see chicago or new york upset someone though.
DoubleJ
Here Come The Spurs
brooklyneast05
long overdue long ass nba post: why laker fans need to take off the blinders and get behind their star player

http://thecolonel05.tumblr.com/post/259882...-why-laker-fans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.