Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or Mcdonalds?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Food
creole
Which one do you like better and what's your favorite item on the menu? ;)

I would have to say Starbucks. Really good and I don't think it's that expensive if you know what you're buying.

My fave:

Caramel Macchiato
click to enlarge

Double Chocolate Chip Frapp.
brooklyneast05
mcdonalds is a better coffee place than either of these in my opinion. frappes for life.

if we are talking about straight coffee, which we probably aren't cause i know not many of you guys drink that, but that's what i like best, then:

mcdonalds
dunkin donuts
starbucks

to me starbucks is the most overrated. i would rather go their for their specialty drinks than actual coffee quality. starbucks has the best branding by far though.
pkbabe
Coffee Bean _smile.gif

Starbucks taste funny
datass
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 7 2010, 02:19 AM) *
to me starbucks is the most overrated. i would rather go their for their specialty drinks than actual coffee quality. starbucks has the best branding by far though.

i agree with this. their coffee is way too expensive. i wouldn't go there to get coffee cuz to me, they don't really taste way better than any other coffee shops.

i'd go for mcdonalds too, it's cheaper too. but then again, i hardly ever drink coffee. i'm more of a tea person. and i chose dunkin donuts, because i like doughnuts, and you dont get donuts at starbucks.
creole
i added a mcdonald choice =)
lojay
Dunkin Donuts!
Iced Caramel Latte, Skim Milk, No Sugar, No Whip.
Love it.
gojira
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 6 2010, 02:19 PM) *
mcdonalds is a better coffee place than either of these in my opinion. frappes for life.
if we are talking about straight coffee, which we probably aren't cause i know not many of you guys drink that, but that's what i like best, then:

mcdonalds
dunkin donuts
starbucks

i paid $4 for small raspberry white mocha at caribou -____-

i usually go to mcdonalds for reg coffee or frappes because it's cheaper.

i don't like dunkin donuts that much for anything, flavor drinks or straight coffee.

i used to enjoy starbucks but i don't anymore, maybe because it is overpriced or i feel their quality has gone down.

superstitious
I love, LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee. There's a sweetness to it.

Straight coffee choice:

Dunkin Donuts
McDonalds
Starbucks - this is last for the same reason others have posted (price, quality and so on). I'll add to that, the wait. I hate waiting for coffee.

Food wise? The only thing I enjoy from Starbucks are their little vanilla scones. I only get those when I'm at Target, need coffee and need something to eat really quick. McDonalds, gosh, I still love Egg McMuffins. I get them occasionally when I splurge. I rarely eat donuts, though Dunkin Donuts has expanded their breakfast menu a bit. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.
DoubleJ
Starbucks! Venti Double Mint Java Chip Frap w. no whip.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Aug 6 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Starbucks! Venti Double Mint Java Chip Frap w. no whip.

too many words. mocha frappe. black coffee. two words dawg, this is how the grown men roll. get your game on
DoubleJ
I actually got that drink from the commercial lol. It was usually just a caramel frap for me but now I swear by this new drink. When the winter comes around it will be pumpkin spice all the way
Teesa
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 6 2010, 07:59 PM) *
too many words. mocha frappe. black coffee. two words dawg, this is how the grown men roll. get your game on

lol

i don't go to these places often, but i usually get a yogurt parfait from mcdonalds
creole
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 6 2010, 03:59 PM) *

better than
" Double Ristretto Venti Nonfat Organic Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino Extra Hot with Foam and Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended "

lol
futura
Mcdonald's has the best hot chocolate.
sixfive
strawberries & cream frappe & starbucks plx no homo
batman
:o
gojira
every experience at starbucks in recent years has been the same, pretty shitty. i don't disagree with you on barista part. i suppose they hire people who don't give a shit how drinks turn out.

lol the most recent one i went to, the strawberry frappe started to separate in less than 5-10 minutes.
Maccabee
None. Enjoy your cancer.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(gojira @ Aug 7 2010, 01:44 AM) *
every experience at starbucks in recent years has been the same, pretty shitty. i don't disagree with you on barista part. i suppose they hire people who don't give a shit how drinks turn out.

lol the most recent one i went to, the strawberry frappe started to separate in less than 5-10 minutes.

agree

starbucks does have more variety. i would rather have one option that is well prepared and tastes good than have 5 options that don't taste any better than the one. i just don't have good experiences there. would i rather go sit in a starbucks than mcdonalds or dunkin donuts? yes. but i would rather taste the coffee of mcdonalds. $1.85 for small cup of coffee is expensive to me when i can get, what i consider to be a better tasting one, for .99 cents.

your refill tip is a good one, even though prob not worth the trouble to me in the end.

i make coffee at home for the most part anyway. but if i'm going to go grab a cup before school it will be at mcdonald's because like everyone said it's faster and i do this at times i was in a hurry to begin with. i would have to stand in line for like 15 minutes at the closest starbucks. which i can't stand because all i need is them to put straight up coffee in my cup which takes five seconds, but i have to wait while they make all those 10 word drinks like jj likes. they should make an express line for people who drink coffee and a normal line for people who drink specialty drinks.

that being said the closest starbucks to my house is on campus, and every restaurant on campus is bound to be run by idiots even more than a normal one. even though i've had this experience other places.

their frappes are not as flavorful mel!!!!! worse flavor, more expensive, longer wait. smaller cup. doesn't make me want to pick them.

batman
sad.gif
brooklyneast05
you are a dedicated employee
batman
ICED PASSION TEA LEMONADE with 2 PUMPS CLASSIC and 2 PUMPS RASBERRY :)

but i've been living and dreaming starbucks for the past two weeks. it's like all i can think about. when i'm not working, i'm sleeping and whenever i sleep i'm dreaming that i'm at work. then i wake up and actually go to work. it is terrible.
Blyat
Intervention! :p
creole
i wanna work at starbucks, lol
synthase
peppermint mocha from starbucks throb.gif

but still, peet's > starbucks
saintsaens
mcdonalds cause i can get a mcrib on the side while i frap my frap
creole
^so true. mcronalds have versatile menu too
simx
Starbucks FTW
Maccabee
Dunno. I My mom buys and make all my own food cause we're all organic. lol.
Haven't eaten fast food or drank a soda for 12 months.
Headlines
Starbucks all they way, their coffee is so much more flavorful and their employees are very knowledgeable. Sometimes just the experience at McDonalds and DD can be off putting!
KissMe2408
Gawd, Starbucks all the way.

Drink: Tall Soy Java Chip Frap 86 the Whip
Eat: Tomato & Mozzerella Sandwhich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.