Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how many of you cried?
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
karmakiller
Didn't search, so whatever.

So I was wondering how many of you are emotionally involved in the films that you watch. Are you the type of person who can watch a film that has a rep for being a "tear jerker" and not even get a little sad, or do you cry, or even get overly emotional?

What are some films y'all consider "tear jerker" films?
Maccabee
I cry at a lot of movies. If it's sad, I'll cry. Mainly when I see others crying. Seeing someone else cry always makes me cry.
Blyat
I dont cry, but if it is sad and i see others crying, i get a tad choked up
karmakiller
When I was younger I watched Forrest Gump with my mom (who is the over emotional type when it comes to movies) and seeing her cry made me cry. A lot.
brooklyneast05
i cried during the my dog skip movie
creole
I tried not to cry. Most of the movies Some movies I went to go see with my dad, so I had to withdraw the tears.

Movies that I cried to:
Titanic
Up
I am Legend
Romeo + Juliet
Precious
Silent Hill
Saw films
The Grudge series
Aliens vs Predators series
and many more i can't remember
Mikeplyts
I used to cry during movies that had emotional moments when I was younger, but now I just continue watching. If someone else is crying, I just tend to ignore it but I do feel a bit bad for some reason.
manny-the-dino
It takes a lot for me to actually cry during a movie. But I'll usually start to tear up.

When I was younger, my cousin and I would watch E.T. and cry every single time E.T. would go home XD.gif
Joanne
I cry really easily. I have a strange habit of tearing up whenever I so much as see someone crying on television (even when I don't know what they're crying about). I can't even begin to list the movies I've cried/teared up watching.

I do try to hold it in when I'm watching a movie with other people, but I definitely let my emotions go wild when I'm by myself. My sister constantly reminds me that she's come home to find me sitting on my bed watching a movie by myself with my face wet from tears many many times lol.
Janette
If it's a Pixar movie, there's a 99.999999999999999% chance I'll cry.
LittleMissSunshine
i dunno, but i always cry at the most "love" or "sad" scenes ever, dunno why. i guess imma sucker for those. but i'm trying to toughen up :D lol
CandyPop
I cry a lot during movies. Off the top of my head I definately cried during the Selena movie, Precious, and My Girl.
heyyfrankie
i just can't cry..but i was actually saddened by Selena with J.Lo...it was sad that she dies because she was living her dream, and then she's murdered. :/
emberfly
I very rarely get teary-eyed from watching movies.

The only ones I can remember being particularly sad for me were Fried Green Tomatoes and Forrest Gump. I no longer become teary-eyed, though, because I already know the plots and that sadness that comes with them.
itskamanstar
There aren't any movies that make me cry, but two scenes from television do.

1) When Mulder finally finds out what really happened to his sister, in the X-Files.
2) The last six minutes of season 8 of Scrubs.
readysetmove
I cry like a baby everytime I watch the Titanic even though I've seen it a million times and I know he's going to die. It's not a movie, but I cried at the end of FF10 it was so sad.
heyo-captain-jack
not often from movies, but some games make me go all pussy.

Off the top of my head, pretty much whenever a major character died in Fallout 3 got me all f*cked up.
azz90
Passion of the christ
Marley and Me
Last house on the left...when the chick was getn raped.
superstitious
QUOTE(karmakiller @ Mar 7 2010, 02:14 AM) *
When I was younger I watched Forrest Gump with my mom (who is the over emotional type when it comes to movies) and seeing her cry made me cry. A lot.

I was just talking about this - Forrest Gump is one of few movies I can think of that can make me tear up, everytime. It's not because of anything sad or depressing, the film just takes me on an emotional journey.

I teared up the first time I saw Lion King, I'll admit it.
Sandraaa
My favorite film : wuthering heights. Gosh it made me cry. >< But I rarely cry during movies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.