Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lovely Bones
Forums > Community Center > Movies & TV
Tomates

So this is probably a little late seeing as the movie is out now. However i didnt see a topic for this so i figured i will make one thumbsup.gif
Has anyone seen the movie? If not are you going to?

I saw the movie today with my mom and sister. I didn't read the book but my mom did. She actually said that she liked the movie more than the book and she's the kind who usually likes the book more than the movie.
So if you've seen it, what did you think of it? And if you haven't, are you going to go see it?
creole
I want to see this movie so bad..it's weird how I had a dream about this movie, but instead the main character was me. haha
Blyat
Loved it
Saw it twice thumbsup.gif
I loved the concept they did in the "in between world"
so imaginative and creative.
Tomates
QUOTE(Beenly @ Jan 24 2010, 07:50 PM) *
I want to see this movie so bad..it's weird how I had a dream about this movie, but instead the main character was me. haha

lol. Well just be glad you weren't. Because...well i cant say or else i will spoil it.
Mikeplyts
I don't really want to see it, but I mean if I'm invited to go see it, then meh, I guess I would. Also, for some reason, the girl that supposedly dies reminded me of you, Natalie. O_o
Tomates
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Jan 24 2010, 07:56 PM) *
I don't really want to see it, but I mean if I'm invited to go see it, then meh, I guess I would. Also, for some reason, the girl that supposedly dies reminded me of you, Natalie. O_o

Really? Whys that?
Mikeplyts
I dunno. She kind of looks like you, if you were 12 or something. >_>
Tomates
lol. Well, thanks...i think? :P
Mikeplyts
You're welcome... I guess?
Janette
I've been wanting to see this but never have the time. I'm a little more excited to see this because Peter Jackson directed it. I always end up loving Peter Jackson things. I just hope it's not too different from the book, it doesn't seem that way though from the trailer. I'll probably end up renting it or something, anyway. sad.gif
AimeeLynn
It sounds interesting... I would watch it...in dvd or something. I wouldn't watch it in the movies.
manny-the-dino
Saw it opening night. I liked it a lot. I agree with Steph that the "in-between world" was cool. The special effects and all were trippy. Ngl, I teared up at a lot of parts. But what I hated was how Mr. Harvey died. Like wtf, you should have suffered more lol.
Tomates
QUOTE(Janette @ Jan 25 2010, 02:24 AM) *
I've been wanting to see this but never have the time. I'm a little more excited to see this because Peter Jackson directed it. I always end up loving Peter Jackson things. I just hope it's not too different from the book, it doesn't seem that way though from the trailer. I'll probably end up renting it or something, anyway. sad.gif

I didn't read the book either...my mom did however and she said that some parts were different. And one part in the movie was a lot different but she liked it better then what happened in the book. Id tell you but i don't want to spoil it for you if you're still going to go see it.

QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jan 25 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Saw it opening night. I liked it a lot. I agree with Steph that the "in-between world" was cool. The special effects and all were trippy. Ngl, I teared up at a lot of parts. But what I hated was how Mr. Harvey died. Like wtf, you should have suffered more lol.

Yeah the in-between world was wicked.
I agreed i wish he could have suffered more! I was hoping he would get arrested and death sentence.
I was also surprised when they showed the past history's of the other girls death and the graphic detail. I mean don't get me wrong it was interesting to see but i didn't know they could show that stuff for a PG-13 film XD
pandemonium
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Jan 24 2010, 06:56 PM) *
Also, for some reason, the girl that supposedly dies reminded me of you, Natalie. O_o

ohmy.gif that's what i thought
Blyat
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jan 25 2010, 04:44 PM) *

I agree with you on that (your spoiler)
creole
Lots of girls get raped, WTF?!
Tomates
QUOTE(Beenly @ Jan 26 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Lots of girls get raped, WTF?!

sad reality is that most times a girl is molested or raped, they get killed after.

QUOTE(hermes @ Jan 26 2010, 12:08 AM) *
ohmy.gif that's what i thought

really?
pandemonium
yes
mmhmichelle
the bathtub part was f*cking confusing
Tomates
QUOTE(mmhmichelle @ Jan 28 2010, 08:53 PM) *
the bathtub part was f*cking confusing

yeah at first i didn't really get it until i saw the bracelet on the sink and i think its there and then Susie realizes that thats her blood all over and that she's been murdered.
Janette
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 25 2010, 02:20 PM) *
I didn't read the book either...my mom did however and she said that some parts were different. And one part in the movie was a lot different but she liked it better then what happened in the book. Id tell you but i don't want to spoil it for you if you're still going to go see it.

Oh I read the book, but I know I can't expect them to keep everything the same. As mad as that makes me. _dry.gif But shit, I still want to see this. Maybe tomorrow.
mmhmichelle
QUOTE(Tomates @ Jan 28 2010, 10:10 PM) *
yeah at first i didn't really get it until i saw the bracelet on the sink and i think its there and then Susie realizes that thats her blood all over and that she's been murdered.

OOOOHHH. still hella weird haha
Blyat
QUOTE(mmhmichelle @ Feb 5 2010, 06:43 PM) *
OOOOHHH. still hella weird haha

Its showing what he's doing after shes killed, decided to take a bath with no shame basically
none345678
Just watched it like 2 seconds ago.

At first I really thought that her sister wasn't going to show them the book. and I was getting super pissed then I thought that the movie was just going to end with the kiss and I was like "WTF! A KISS DOES NOT MAKE UP THE FACT THAT A RAPIST/CHILD MOLESTER/MURDER IS GETTING AWAY!" Then he dies like he was a f*cking video game character. I lold. I get really into movies.

I liked it. Will never watch it again because I was all cry.gif but still really good.
Meganmon
I liked it. :)

I was teary-eyed a few times, like at the part where her dad went after the murderer &the dad got the wrong person. &that one girl's boyfriend started to beat him up with a bat.

Cute movie, but it pissed me off how the ending sucked. I mean, like really? An Icicle? That part with the kiss was cute though. (:
Tomates
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Feb 5 2010, 09:40 PM) *
Just watched it like 2 seconds ago.

At first I really thought that her sister wasn't going to show them the book. and I was getting super pissed then I thought that the movie was just going to end with the kiss and I was like "WTF! A KISS DOES NOT MAKE UP THE FACT THAT A RAPIST/CHILD MOLESTER/MURDER IS GETTING AWAY!" Then he dies like he was a f*cking video game character. I lold. I get really into movies.

I liked it. Will never watch it again because I was all cry.gif but still really good.

So im guessing you read the book then? If so i think you're the first person i've met that has read the book and liked the movie! Because everyone else who has read the book seemed to not have liked the movie.

QUOTE(Meganmon @ Feb 6 2010, 12:03 PM) *
I liked it. :)

I was teary-eyed a few times, like at the part where her dad went after the murderer &the dad got the wrong person. &that one girl's boyfriend started to beat him up with a bat.

Cute movie, but it pissed me off how the ending sucked. I mean, like really? An Icicle? That part with the kiss was cute though. (:

lol yeah i agree i was hoping that he would get caught and get humiliated and yelled at by people and then go through the death sentence.
NoSex
oh man this movie f*cking sucks.
creole
lol.
MalamaMulisha
About to watch it tonight. GO NEW ZEALAND
Tomates
QUOTE(MalamaMulisha @ Mar 5 2010, 01:01 AM) *
About to watch it tonight. GO NEW ZEALAND

Did it just come out there?
KissMe2408
Such a sad movie...i saw it the other day. Mr. Harvey was so creepy...I'm so used to that actor playing gay men lol, it was weird seeing him in that role, he did an excellent job
creole
you know, i hate movies where you see corpses of people. i don't get why directors want to make the movie even more depressing. but seeing little girls being used and thrown in other places is just wrong.
Kathleen
Am I the only person who didn't like Heaven in between land? Aside from the fact that it was a total acid trip, there were some definite "Come on, are you serious?" parts (i.e. modeling, dancing, etc.). I also felt like it was Peter Jackson's excessive way of displaying his special effects skills... It's not a pleasant story, and I don't think that the movie should've attempted to lighten the material like they did. It seemed disrespectful to the author's intentions for writing the novel.

Although it's been awhile since I read the book, I felt like they cheated the basic storyline. I guess they did it for the PG-13 rating (lame)...

ALSO... Holly -- facepalm.gif
none345678
It wasn't heaven it was a in between land type shiz. but I thought the land it self was pretty lame, yeah
Kathleen
QUOTE(spambot @ Jun 15 2010, 06:20 PM) *
It wasn't heaven it was a in between land type shiz. but I thought the land it self was pretty lame, yeah

My bad... well she did take a peek at Heaven, and it looked like a big tree from afar...
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Cum @ Jun 15 2010, 06:21 PM) *
you know, i hate movies where you see corpses of people. i don't get why directors want to make the movie even more depressing. but seeing little girls being used and thrown in other places is just wrong.

Erm, because that's what happens in the novel it was based on. Things like this happen for real every day, but saying that such situations are sad, wrong, etc. isn't going to change anything. If you don't want to see dead people, then you're going to miss out on a lot of great movies, and even better documentaries, but that's your choice; no one can make you watch anything you don't want to.

I still haven't seen this movie because I enjoyed the book a lot and don't want to see how it's been messed up.
creole
ok, but at least there face should be hidden in dignity. i for one don't want people seeing me dead or seeing people just lay there lifeless. :(
none345678
Movies would be f*cking lame if they just hinted to what is happening just because it's sad/scary/disgusting/whatever

The more the movie shows the more I can get into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.