Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Webcam help
Forums > Community Center > Technology
Mikeplyts
Alright, I've just stumbled into a serious problem. I have a built-in webcam on my laptop, but it uses a program called CyberLink YouCam 3.0. I had the program on Windows already before, but now that I've switched to Linux, I've searched and searched for torrents and archives to download a copy and they all fail to fulfill my task. sad.gif So, question is, do I really need CyberLink YouCam 3.0 to get my webcam to take pictures, videos, live streaming, and etc. or what?
mipadi
No, but you're going to need to find a Linux-compatible driver and software. Driver shouldn't be touch to find, and depending on your distro you may already have a compatible driver. As for software, that shouldn't be hard, either, but I don't use webcams with Linux so I can't help you there.
heyo-captain-jack
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Webcam
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(mipadi @ Jan 16 2010, 12:36 PM) *
No, but you're going to need to find a Linux-compatible driver and software. Driver shouldn't be touch to find, and depending on your distro you may already have a compatible driver. As for software, that shouldn't be hard, either, but I don't use webcams with Linux so I can't help you there.

Ah, ok, thanks for the information. Yeah, I already had a compatible driver so I just had to install software. Everything is all good now. tongue.gif

QUOTE(itanium @ Jan 16 2010, 02:29 PM) *

Thanks a ton, CJ. That really helped out, and I went ahead and installed Cheese, just because it seems simple and really all I need. _smile.gif

Alright, this topic may be closed now.
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.