Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: middle background
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
ep1986
how do you add a middle background color (the one around the modules) while keeping a second, larger background intact? An example of the type of thing I'm looking for can be see on this layout:

http://www.createblog.com/myspace-layouts/34952-spectacular/

(Except I would want my modules to be a different color than the middle background)

I've searched for codes online but they either squish my modules thinner, and/or the middle background's sides don't match up with the top horizontal bar with the links (home, mail, profile, music, etc.) (NOTE: I'd like for this top links bar to match the color of the middle background, as well)

So anyway, what is the code that will accomplish all of this? Thanks!!
ep1986
???? Sorry, I don't follow...right now I have a white background, and for my background "image" all I have a is a background picture in the top left corner (non-repeat)...but I want to add a black background to the center of my profile, leaving the white visible on either side...
ZeT0
How the fuck don't you follow that?
Mickey
Make your black background, but make sure it's wide enough only to act as a container for your modules. Set it as your background, then set background-position to center and background-repeat to repeat-y.
ep1986
does the center background always have to be an image? is there a way to do it without making an image and just setting a color? because the codes I looked into for "center background" online never mentioned anything about making my own image...

and, if I do it the image way...
1)would I be able to keep the image I already have in the background in the top left?
2)wouldn't the alignment between the top links bar and the middle "background" that I wanted get distorted when the browser window isn't maximized? since it's just an image

For example: in something like this, http://www.createblog.com/myspace-layouts/...iction/preview/ is that white background an image or just a white background color?
Mickey
That's a background image. Anyway, add this to your CSS codes:

CODE
div.content {background: #000;}

If you want to give the header and footer black backgrounds as well, use this instead:

CODE
div.wrap, div.content {background: #000;}
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.