Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: favorites of the decade
Forums > Community Center > Music
brooklyneast05
since it's about to come to a close this is a good opportunity to reflect on the last 10 years. what are your favorite albums of the decade? or songs? or acts you think defined the decade? or...anything. i was going to make this an albums of the decade thread at first but i know some people don't actually listen to full albums anymore wacko.gif. so you can take your pick for whatever musical top 10 you want to do.

pick 10 and feel free to give some runners up, as well as explanations of your choices if you want too.

i need to think about my list a little more then i will post.
iRapediCarly
Detox
sixfive
Party in the USA! GO MILEY I LOVE YOU

no homo
creole
YOU BELONG WITH ME

SWEET DREAMS

BAD ROMANCE

HakunaMatata
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Dec 22 2009, 09:16 AM) *
i was going to make this an albums of the decade thread at first but i know some people don't actually listen to full albums anymore wacko.gif
Hmmm, good NY resolution idea, actually.

And heh heh here we go w/ favorites:

Britney - Toxic
I KNOW HOW BAD THIS MAKES ME LOOK. But this was Brit after she shed her innocence and before she went batshit crazy. AKA when she was the hottest in every sense of the world. The first time I saw this video was the first serious time I was like WHOA girls can be really pretty like that!

Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous (album)
One of the few CD's I bothered to buy after 2004 and I know each song by heart. I started listening to the sadder songs during a sad timeofmylife, and ever since then, this CD's had a special place in my heart. The lyrics don't mean as much anymore, but the song's are catchy, too, so I still listen to it.

Feist - Mushaboom
Started listening to it more when I started "recovering" from the sad time. really represented hope at the time.

AHHHHH FUHHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST REALIZED I HAVE A FRAT QUIZ IN AN HOUR. ~TBC
deteam
Albums of the Decade"
Subliminal-"Forever"
Spoonfull-"Keep The Change"
Sadistik-"The Balancing Act"
Tech N9ne-"K.O.D."
Kanye West-"808's & Heartbreaks"
Eminem-"Relapse"

probably more just got to think of them

Stay Up
-1-
Subliminal
harlemchick
Albums of The Decade In My Eyes

Mary J. Blige- No More Drama
Jill Scott- Who is Jill Scott Words and Sounds Vol. 1
Black Eye Peas- Monkey Business
Beyonce- Dangerously In Love
Alica Keys- The Diary of Alica Keys
Kayne West- The College Drop Out
Chicago Soundtrack
Rent Soundtrack
Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory

The List goes on....

smash
i can't think of a whole list right now but i loved Jill Scott's A Long Walk and The Roots' Break You Off. i was listening to one of my playlists today and was reminded of how much i have loved these songs since i first heard them. and of course there's all my favorite Lupe songs. Christina Aguilera had a couple that i'm really into. Erykah Badu is always on my list. Common and Jay-Z have some too. i'm gonna stop there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.