Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone who plays piano
Forums > Community Center > Music
barrykins
I got a quick question if anyone could help me.

Im planning on buying a keyboard/synth but my only issue is either getting a 61-key or an 88-key. Of course the 88-key would be better but I'm just wondering if the 61-key could fully play most songs.

And here are the two that I'm debating on.

heyo-captain-jack
What's your budget? I know of a few good keyboards.
barrykins
Id say at the most 1300. I know some great keyboards I would love to like the yamaha motif xs8 or the roland G8. I just need right now a decent keyboard with good piano sound and synth.
heyo-captain-jack
Wide budget, nice. You can get a nice keyboard for that price.

Good keyboards in this price range that I've tried:
Korg RADIAS ~ $1000
Roland SH-201 ~ $600
Kurzweil PC161 ~ $1300
Yamaha MM8 ~ $1000

I have used all of those, and sound quality is great on all of them. From here it all comes down to what extra features you're looking for.

My personal favourites are the Roland and the Kurzweil, but for the price I'd buy the Roland instead.

I've got a friend with the Korg, the Yamaha, and the Kurzweil, and I have the Roland.

Also, you're rarely going to use all the keys on an 81 key keyboard. It's just an extra octave anyway, you can transpose down an octave and still be playing the same song.
barrykins
Ok thankyou. Ill check them out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.