Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Removing Background
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
dyindyinjohnson
Okay so I have this image:

click to enlarge

And I cannot find an easy and effective way to remove the blue background that keeps the hair and body intact.

Please help!
JonHMChan
Take a look at these techniques:

http://www.sitepoint.com/print/masking-techniques-photoshop/
dyindyinjohnson
I need a technique that is a good way to get around hair, but one of the issues is when I do techniques like them, there will be parts of hair that still have blue around them. And they are hard to clean up, without making the hair look weird.
fixtatik
Nothing's going to give you a one-click solution. You'll have to zoom in and do the hair carefully.
manny-the-dino
What I do when I need to make a cob out of something is do a ctrl+j, make a new layer in-between the two copies and fill it with a bright color such as #ec008c. Then I zoom in a lot to erase the background. However I don't really erase around the hair just yet since I use a softer brush for that area. Just remember that it takes patience and a steady hand. thumbsup.gif
TheOn3LeftBehind
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Oct 30 2009, 02:45 PM) *
What I do when I need to make a cob out of something is do a ctrl+j, make a new layer in-between the two copies and fill it with a bright color such as #ec008c. Then I zoom in a lot to erase the background. However I don't really erase around the hair just yet since I use a softer brush for that area. Just remember that it takes patience and a steady hand. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt but whatcha gonna do? lol.
JonHMChan
If you're worried about the hair in particular, this tutorial is pretty good from what I've scanned of it: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop...rbps_5agirl.htm
timoj
i've had the same problem... thanks for the tutorial, seems helpful!
JonHMChan
It's generally very difficult to deal with hair when removing or replacing the background. Any one tool will not do the trick; the best methods I've discovered involve masking, and touch-ups using brushes afterwards. Again, take a good look at the tutorials I posted - they do a great job of explaining what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.