Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wats u top 10 best rapper?
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
UnNamed
rap luvers...who do yah tink is belongs in da top ten list of best MCs ever...?

mine:
1.2pac
2.biggie
3.eminem
4.dmx
5.nas
6.jay-z
7.dr.dre
8.snoop dogg
9.eazy e
10.kanye west
CEP
How exactly is this debate?
What are we gonna debate about how "phat" tupac is since he's 1st in your list?

- Moved to Entertainment -

- Chinkieeyedpnoi <-- shot Tupac.
LiNHy POO
1- twista
2- kayne west
3- nas
4- eminem
5- ludacris
6- tupac
7- B.I.G
8- jin
9----
10-----

all i could think of!
RandomHero
i hate rap hammer.gif
Mr. Psychotic
QUOTE(RandomHero @ Jul 14 2004, 1:34 AM)
i hate rap hammer.gif

i agree its hammer.gif all the same hammer.gif
ill fight rap fans or rappers anyday boxing.gif
ALL BOUT METAL AND HARD ROCK

\m/ <(>_<)> \m/ ROCK ON
CEP
QUOTE(Mr. Psychotic @ Jul 13 2004, 11:49 PM)

\m/ <(>_<)> \m/ ROCK ON

aye` foo`. dun` b` hatin`. ill bust a` cap` up` yo `metal ass wit mah` nine` foo`.

- Chinkieeyedpnoi
ryfitaDF
1. ludacris
2. snoop
3. jay Z
4. outkast
5-10 don't exist.
Caustic
QUOTE(RandomHero @ Jul 14 2004, 1:34 AM)
i hate rap hammer.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth.
dukesoccer07
1. Eminem
2. Kayne West
3. Ludacris
4. Jay-Z
5. Nelly
6. Lil Jon
7. DMX
8. Lil Wayne
9. Bow Wow
10. Nate Dogg
casssy
i hate rap too =x it makes me feel ucky.
xquizit
<-- 90s Hip-hop junkie

1. 2pac <-- lyrics, style, flow, vocals... he is truly the greatest of all time no question.
2. Notorious BIG
3. Eminem
4. Nas
5. Andre of Outkast
6. Method Man
7. Rakim
8. Kanye West
9. Busta Rhymes
10. Jay-Z
xtremeliquid
I don't really listen to rap.
koreansaga510
1. 2-pac
2. Notorious BIG
3. daz dillenger
4. kurupt
5. easy-E
6. Bone thugs in harmony
7. ludacris
8. sicx
9. three six mafia
10. too short

i listen to these now-a-dayz happy.gif
inthemudhole
QUOTE(chinkieeyedpnoi @ Jul 14 2004, 1:16 AM)

God, you're too effing hilarious, Jose.

D00d. Rap sucks, aiigh aiigh?

I'ma bust yo ass if you diss da metal.

Anyway. Yeah. I like rock, heavy metal, emo, punk, ska, and nu metal..
SkYlIneZx4xLiF
1. eminem
2. petey pablo
3. chingy
4. dr. dre
5. snoop dogg
h22fanatik
in random order:

1. 2pac
2. Biggy
3. Ludacris
4. jay-z
5. Nas
6. Bone thugs
7. Shyne
8. DMX
9. Eminem
10. Mase
WTFwasIthinking
ya'll 'er all buggin'

first of all, Tupac and Biggie are two of the most overrated MC's of alltime because of their death. God rest their souls but that whole ish is bullsh*t...... there's two other MC's that're also dead 'n get half the recognition but are better than both...

Big L and Big Pun are both sicker lyrically and their delivery's are just as sick.......

half the people on ya'll lists shouldn't even be there....

I study hip hop and am a MC not far from gettin' signed... so I'll break it down for ya'll......... aight, here we go:

1) Eminem: lyrically, he's thee most incredible MC. From rhyme pattern switches to his ridiculous use of syllable rhyming to his punchlines back in the day ("Ya ass forgot / 'n in case you don't remember me I'll run ya brain around the block ta jog ya f**kin' memory"). His wits are out of this world and his battle tracks are crazy (Peep: Bully, Nail in the Coffin, I Remember, Quitter (the last three are three of the greatest diss tracks ever IMO)).... Plus he's a brilliant story teller (even though twisted plots. Peep: Stan, As the World Turns, Guilty Conscience, Brain Damage, My Fault, Jealousy Woes, and more)

And yes, his delivery and flow was offpoint back in the day but he's perfected a delivery where his vocal tones switch up between bars and has this crazy rapid delivery that's almost unmatchable.....

SONGS I RECOMMEND: Scary Movies feat. Royce da 5'9, Bad Meets Evil feat Royce da 5'9, Brain Damage, second verse of 313, Just and Still Don't Give a F**k, Rock Bottom, Renagade (they spelt it wrong - two versions (the original's with Royce da 5'9 and other version's with Jay-Z), The Way I Am, Stan, Marshall Mathers, I'm Back, Who Knew (all of the Marshall Mathers LP except Real Slim Shady recommended), White America, Cleaning Out My Closet, Square Dance, Sing for the Moment, When the Music Stops, Say What You Say, 'Til I Collapse, Fight Music, Shit Can Happen, Devil's Night, Shit On You, Words Are Weapons, These Drugs, Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Rabbit Run, I Remember, Quitter, Dead Wrong Remix (where he makes Biggie sound like an amateur), Off the Wall feat. Redman, Nail in the Coffin, the rhyme he spit over the Mobb Deep - Got it Twisted beat on the Tim Westwood Show, 3 Verses, Don't Push Me, Patiently Waiting, Nuttin' to Do feat. Royce da 5'9, Real 911, Desperados, What the Beat feat. Method Man and Royce da 5'9, Forgot About Dre, What's the Difference, Stir Crazy feat. Madd Rapper, and more)

2) Copywrite: ya'll probably never heard of this guy unless your a backpacker or listen to a lotta underground. This guy's on the verge of getting signed to the ROC. He's another CRAZY white MC from Ohio. Can't say as much about him as Em cuz his catelogue is a lot smaller but out of everything I've heard, he's remarkable. HANDS DOWN, the best punchline spitter in the game.

EXAMPLES:
"Holler b**ch lane merging / I'm like a med. school scholarship
, for free I'll change a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"

"Doing shows, screwing hoes on their back / Shoot a load like I squeezed rounds at the Laundromat
"

Not many guys can keep up with this guy....

Plus, his syllable rhyming is also ridiculous. Can rhyme 9 connected syllables and bring it back the next bar ta spit a line that rhymes the exactly same 9 syllables. Basically meanin' you're rhymin' a phrase.... that's what syllable rhyming is if ya'll don't know.

instead of basic sh*t like majority of rappers rap (cat, bat, at-tack, slap, mack, dap, black, hat, cap, rat)... it's more like, spittin'~a~rhyme, rippin'~ya~spine, didn't~align, etc

SONGS I RECOMMEND
Just cop the High Exhaulted album... though he's underground, you might be able to find a copy at a music store.... there usually is only like 1 or 2 in the rack but just check it out.......
Won't Stop from Eastern Conference Allstars, Jeah, the song Eastern Conference Allstars

he says: "Bad boy with a long barrell dass all narrow / Shyne behind bars like Ja-mal~barrow" don't know how many of ya'll gon' understand that but dass ridiculous!

3) Pharaohe Monch

His career got messed up when he dropped Simon Says because he got killed about that song. The funny thing about that is that the rest of his album (Internal Affairs) was a classic. Lyrically, he's phenomenal with a use a wordplay, wits, and intelligence. His extensive vocabulary has the average listener lost at times but he's still sick.

His story telling ability is just ridiculous (Peep: Stray Bullet where he describes exactly what happens as a bullet comes out of the barrell of a gun and the journey of a bullet as it goes through the air. It's so ridiculous!)

His delivery? I think he's got the hottest voice in hip hop cuz iss like a baratone echoing deeply, so smooth. He's a conscious rapper that uses wordplay, kinda like Common but much more lyrical. His syllable rhyming is good, his hooks are amazing, and so are his messages in most of his songs. He has reason for his songs, unlike 90% of rappers today. No bling bling, I got do', guns, and sh*t like that. It's more songs like Agent Orange (A MUST LISTEN - some of you G-Unit fans mighta thought it was their beat but it's actually his and they just spit over it)

Rawkus was his label and now the rumors are he's goin' to Shady Records. DAMN RAWKUS! That's who I was looking to sign with and then they go bankrupt and I find out they really don't pay their artist. Well, all the better....

He's not for the "teeny bopper hip hop listeners"... he's for people that wanna listen to deep rhymes, intellectual songs, and just a SICK MC.... no gimmicks to sell like 95% of rappers.... I doubt he'll succeed in the mainstream business (though I hope he does) but ya'll should definitely give 'em a listen......

SONGS I RECOMMEND:
Right Here (SICK), Behind Close Doors, Oh No with Mos Def and Nate Dogg, No Mercy feat. MOP, Hell feat. Canibus, Official, Queens (soulful beat, sick song), The Ass (funny song... LMAO), The Truth feat. Common and Talib Kweli (CRAZY SONG - one of my favorites of alltime), The Light, What is the Law, Stray Bullet, Ghetto World, Last Days (crazy song about a guy that comes back in time from a period about the end of the world warning us for what to expect.... ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF HIS - CRAZY!), Talkin' to You (on Black on Both Sides - Mos Def's album) feat. Mos Def and Rah Digga (best female MC IMO), Agent Orange, The Invincible feat. EPMD and Ras Kass, One Love feat. Rah Digga, Common, Talib Kweli, Kool G Rap, Shabaam Sadeeq and Mos Def, F**k You, I Shot the Mayor, Livin' It Up, Ya'll Know the Name feat. X-Ecutioners, Purist Breed feat. Canibus and Ras Kass, Street Smarts

there's more but too much to name in the short career he's had so far

4) Crooked I
Another underground cat that just left Tha Row (formerly Death Row)... now has his own label called Dynasty Records....

CRAZY CRAZY MC. His syllable rhyming is one of the best and his rapid, furious flow is just outta this world. His recent works are starting to prove he wants to have a more conscious side. The best MC from the West Coast by far IMO

I don't even need to say anything about him.... just peep something of his and you'll know exactly what ah was talkin' about....

his old sh*t has 7 day beats (weak) but listen to him on some hotter ish...

SONGS TO PEEP:
Crooked I Songs Link^^^

go there an peep some of that.... you'll know what I'm talkin' about

5) Rakim Allah
This du's a hip hop God. Him and Kool G Rap were two of the first to insert syllable rhyming into rap and also implemented the rapid flow in to rapping. Everyone before him had done the, spit a bar, pause for a while, spit a bar, then pause for a while.... over and over again......

Lyrically he's CRAZY!!! But regardless, the main reason he's 5 for me is because the impact he has had on hip hop...... he has many old classic albums (with Eric B) and still proved he can hang with the best of 'em delivering a ridiculous verse in the Watcher 2 feat. Hov and Dre on Blueprint 2....

"I'm "Rated R," my brain contains graphics thangs
It turn traumatic teens into addicts, and fiends
It's like, watchin a movie through a panoramic screen
Which means, I can see the whole planet in the scene
Cash is the topic, the object, a fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it, but those that haven't got it
take away the added profit, it's catastrophic
I take the gat and cock it, and I'll sit back and watch it
These New York streets is ugly, I keep it gully
The world is mine and can't nobody keep it from me
Yo, my neighborhood is never sunny
In the place where the number one cause of death is money
You can try copin
I've seen enough shit to leave your frame of mind broken
I'm still alive and scopin
Be another hundred years 'til my skies close in
And I'ma die with my eyes open, the watcher"

He's the idol of many of your favorite rappers and he's one of the rappers that some of ya'll favorite rappers learned how to spit a complex verse.... nothing more to say...

this guys catelogue is too enormous and phenomenal so just peep any of his earlier works.... Paid in Full, Follow the Leader, and the 18th Letter are all classic albums.... peep 'em

my final 5 will come in the near future.... Hope you had fun being school on some ish here for those who actually read this...
JlIaTMK
QUOTE(Mr. Psychotic @ Jul 14 2004, 2:49 AM)

\m/ <(>_<)> \m/ ROCK ON

uhhh bud sorry to spoil ur fun but Slipknot isnt exactly metal.... its RAPCORE

1. Kanye West
2. Twista
3. Ying Yang Twins
4. Petey Pablo
5. Lil Jon
6. OutKast
7. Ludacris
8. Murphy Lee
9. Jay-Z
10. D12
h22fanatik
QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Jul 14 2004, 2:28 PM)
ya'll 'er all buggin'

first of all, Tupac and Biggie are two of the most overrated MC's of alltime because of their death. God rest their souls but that whole ish is bullsh*t...... there's two other MC's that get half the recognition but are better than both...

Big L and Big Pun are both sicker lyrically and their delivery's are just as sick.......

half the people on ya'll lists shouldn't even be there....

I study hip hop and am a MC not far from gettin' signed... so I'll break it down for ya'll......... aight, here we go:

1) Eminem: lyrically, he's thee most incredible MC. From rhyme pattern switches to his ridiculous use of syllable rhyming to his punchlines back in the day ("Ya ass forgot / 'n in case you don't remember me I'll run ya brain around the block ta jog ya f**kin' memory"). His wits are out of this world and his battle tracks are crazy (Peep: Bully, Nail in the Coffin, I Remember, Quitter (the last three are three of the greatest diss tracks ever IMO)).... Plus he's a brilliant story teller (even though twisted plots. Peep: Stan, As the World Turns, Guilty Conscience, Brain Damage, My Fault, Jealousy Woes, and more)

And yes, his delivery and flow was offpoint back in the day but he's perfected a delivery where his vocal tones switch up between bars and has this crazy rapid delivery that's almost unmatchable.....

SONGS I RECOMMEND: Scary Movies feat. Royce da 5'9, Bad Meets Evil feat Royce da 5'9, Brain Damage, second verse of 313, Just and Still Don't Give a F**k, Rock Bottom, Renagade (they spelt it wrong - two versions (the original's with Royce da 5'9 and other version's with Jay-Z), The Way I Am, Stan, Marshall Mathers, I'm Back, Who Knew (all of the Marshall Mathers LP except Real Slim Shady recommended), White America, Cleaning Out My Closet, Square Dance, Sing for the Moment, When the Music Stops, Say What You Say, 'Til I Collapse, Fight Music, Shit Can Happen, Devil's Night, Shit On You, Words Are Weapons, These Drugs, Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Rabbit Run, I Remember, Quitter, Dead Wrong Remix (where he makes Biggie sound like an amateur), Off the Wall feat. Redman, Nail in the Coffin, the rhyme he spit over the Mobb Deep - Got it Twisted beat on the Tim Westwood Show, 3 Verses, Don't Push Me, Patiently Waiting, Nuttin' to Do feat. Royce da 5'9, Real 911, Desperados, What the Beat feat. Method Man and Royce da 5'9, Forgot About Dre, What's the Difference, Stir Crazy feat. Madd Rapper, and more)

2) Copywrite: ya'll probably never heard of this guy unless your a backpacker or listen to a lotta underground. This guy's on the verge of getting signed to the ROC. He's another CRAZY white MC from Ohio. Can't say as much about him as Em cuz his catelogue is a lot smaller but out of everything I've heard, he's remarkable. HANDS DOWN, the best punchline spitter in the game.

EXAMPLES:
"Holler b**ch lane merging / I'm like a med. school scholarship
, for free I'll change a lame virgin to a brain surgeon"

"Doing shows, screwing hoes on their back / Shoot a load like I squeezed rounds at the Laundromat
"

Not many guys can keep up with this guy....

Plus, his syllable rhyming is also ridiculous. Can rhyme 9 connected syllables and bring it back the next bar ta spit a line that rhymes the exactly same 9 syllables. Basically meanin' you're rhymin' a phrase.... that's what syllable rhyming is if ya'll don't know.

instead of basic sh*t like majority of rappers rap (cat, bat, at-tack, slap, mack, dap, black, hat, cap, rat)... it's more like, spittin'~a~rhyme, rippin'~ya~spine, didn't~align, etc

SONGS I RECOMMEND
Just cop the High Exhaulted album... though he's underground, you might be able to find a copy at a music store.... there usually is only like 1 or 2 in the rack but just check it out.......
Won't Stop from Eastern Conference Allstars, Jeah, the song Eastern Conference Allstars

he says: "Bad boy with a long barrell dass all narrow / Shyne behind bars like Ja-mal~barrow" don't know how many of ya'll gon' understand that but dass ridiculous!

3) Pharaohe Monch

His career got messed up when he dropped Simon Says because he got killed about that song. The funny thing about that is that the rest of his album (Internal Affairs) was a classic. Lyrically, he's phenomenal with a use a wordplay, wits, and intelligence. His extensive vocabulary has the average listener lost at times but he's still sick.

His story telling ability is just ridiculous (Peep: Stray Bullet where he describes exactly what happens as a bullet comes out of the barrell of a gun and the journey of a bullet as it goes through the air. It's so ridiculous!)

His delivery? I think he's got the hottest voice in hip hop cuz iss like a baratone echoing deeply, so smooth. He's a conscious rapper that uses wordplay, kinda like Common but much more lyrical. His syllable rhyming is good, his hooks are amazing, and so are his messages in most of his songs. He has reason for his songs, unlike 90% of rappers today. No bling bling, I got do', guns, and sh*t like that. It's more songs like Agent Orange (A MUST LISTEN - some of you G-Unit fans mighta thought it was their beat but it's actually his and they just spit over it)

Rawkus was his label and now the rumors are he's goin' to Shady Records. DAMN RAWKUS! That's who I was looking to sign with and then they go bankrupt and I find out they really don't pay their artist. Well, all the better....

He's not for the "teeny bopper hip hop listeners"... he's for people that wanna listen to deep rhymes, intellectual songs, and just a SICK MC.... no gimmicks to sell like 95% of rappers.... I doubt he'll succeed in the mainstream business (though I hope he does) but ya'll should definitely give 'em a listen......

SONGS I RECOMMEND:
Right Here (SICK), Behind Close Doors, Oh No with Mos Def and Nate Dogg, No Mercy feat. MOP, Hell feat. Canibus, Official, Queens (soulful beat, sick song), The Ass (funny song... LMAO), The Truth feat. Common and Talib Kweli (CRAZY SONG - one of my favorites of alltime), The Light, What is the Law, Stray Bullet, Ghetto World, Last Days (crazy song about a guy that comes back in time from a period about the end of the world warning us for what to expect.... ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITES OF HIS - CRAZY!), Talkin' to You (on Black on Both Sides - Mos Def's album) feat. Mos Def and Rah Digga (best female MC IMO), Agent Orange, The Invincible feat. EPMD and Ras Kass, One Love feat. Rah Digga, Common, Talib Kweli, Kool G Rap, Shabaam Sadeeq and Mos Def, F**k You, I Shot the Mayor, Livin' It Up, Ya'll Know the Name feat. X-Ecutioners, Purist Breed feat. Canibus and Ras Kass, Street Smarts

there's more but too much to name in the short career he's had so far

4) Crooked I
Another underground cat that just left Tha Row (formerly Death Row)... now has his own label called Dynasty Records....

CRAZY CRAZY MC. His syllable rhyming is one of the best and his rapid, furious flow is just outta this world. His recent works are starting to prove he wants to have a more conscious side. The best MC from the West Coast by far IMO

I don't even need to say anything about him.... just peep something of his and you'll know exactly what ah was talkin' about....

SONGS TO PEEP:
Rhymes on Wakeup Show - over Grindin' and the other one where he was on with Chino XL....

HERE'S A SOUNDCLICK WITH A LOTTA THE RECENT STUFF ON IT....
4) Crooked I

SONGS TO PEEP:
Crooked I Songs Link^^^

go there an peep some of that.... you'll know what I'm talkin' about

5) Rakim Allah
This du's a hip hop God. Him and Kool G Rap were two of the first to insert syllable rhyming into rap and also implemented the rapid flow in to rapping. Everyone before him had done the, spit a bar, pause for a while, spit a bar, then pause for a while.... over and over again......

Lyrically he's CRAZY!!! But regardless, the main reason he's 5 for me is because the impact he has had on hip hop...... he has many old classic albums (with Eric B) and still proved he can hang with the best of 'em delivering a ridiculous verse in the Watcher 2 feat. Hov and Dre on Blueprint 2....

"I'm "Rated R," my brain contains graphics thangs
It turn traumatic teens into addicts, and fiends
It's like, watchin a movie through a panoramic screen
Which means, I can see the whole planet in the scene
Cash is the topic, the object, a fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it, but those that haven't got it
take away the added profit, it's catastrophic
I take the gat and cock it, and I'll sit back and watch it
These New York streets is ugly, I keep it gully
The world is mine and can't nobody keep it from me
Yo, my neighborhood is never sunny
In the place where the number one cause of death is money
You can try copin
I've seen enough shit to leave your frame of mind broken
I'm still alive and scopin
Be another hundred years 'til my skies close in
And I'ma die with my eyes open, the watcher"

He's the idol of many of your favorite rappers and he's one of the rappers that some of ya'll favorite rappers learned how to spit a complex verse.... nothing more to say...

this guys catelogue is too enormous and phenomenal so just peep any of his earlier works.... Paid in Full, Follow the Leader, and the 18th Letter are all classic albums.... peep 'em

my final 5 will come in the near future.... Hope you had fun being school on some ish here for those who actually read this...

that's great and that's ur opinion. i'm sticking with my top ten though thanks. i still don't think 2pac and biggy r overrated. i don't know about the other ppl, but i loved 2pac and biggy even when they were alive.
WTFwasIthinking
it's not opinion... it's fact because rappin' is more technical than the average person thinks....

they didn't have the technical things down.... I'm assuming you're mostly a mainstream listener... that's why mainstream rap, at least 85/90% of it sucks right now....

cuz nobody knows what hip hop as a culture/rapping (the skill) is about....

and you said you loved Pac and Biggie even when they were alive.... timeout, this isn't about who's your top 10 favorite, iss about who's the top 10 best

they probably were two of the most loved and influencial because the love they received but they STILL didn't receive half the love until they were murdered... they weren't proclaimed the best of alltime 'til they were murdered either

listen to Dead Wrong remix feat. Eminem.... Eminem clearly makes Notorious sound like an amateur... his syllable rhyming is ridiculous in that song... his delivery has less holes, just straight up nonsense

and as I said, this is about the top 10 best, not top 10 favorite.... that's not my list for favorite either because my favorite list goes differently...

1) Em
2) Talib Kweli
3) Copywrite
4) Pharoahe Monch
5) Royce da 5'9
6) Hov - Jigga - S dot Carter - Jay-Z
7) Mos Def
8) Fabolous (his mixtape sh*t is crazy)
9) Common
10) Rakim
hybrid
QUOTE(liquidbluac1d @ Jul 14 2004, 6:46 AM)
i hate rap too =x it makes me feel ucky.

laugh.gif Let's get tipsy! Me three!
CrackedRearView
I like some rap.

I'm more into the oldies though...

69 Boyz, 2 Live Crew, etc.
iheartsimba
i dunno. im not big with rap.

but god i love emo rap
AZN_DRAGON
1. 2 Pac [ truly the greatest ]
2. B.I.G [ his songs actually talks about his life]
3. Eminem [ the best white rapper ]
4. Twista [ the fastest rapper i noe]
5. Nelly [ one of the best rappers ]
6. P Diddy [ a bad boy for lyfe ]
7. Chingy [ he is truly the jackpot]
8. Mase [ came with a come back]
9. Jay Z [ all his songs flows ]
10. Lil Jon [ haha wut can i say about lil jon jus great lol...]
Jordan Inc.
they are not in order...they are just names
  • Eminem
  • Jay-Z
  • Kanye West
  • Chingy
  • G-Unit
  • Dr. Dre
  • Obie Trice
  • Big Tymers
  • Twista
  • Ludacris
im not countin tupac cuz hes not alive
DavidxN
Kanye West should be on everyone's top 1
WTFwasIthinking
1. 2 Pac [ truly the greatest ]
2. B.I.G [ his songs actually talks about his life]
3. Eminem [ the best white rapper ]
4. Twista [ the fastest rapper i noe]
5. Nelly [ one of the best rappers ]
6. P Diddy [ a bad boy for lyfe ]
7. Chingy [ he is truly the jackpot]
8. Mase [ came with a come back]
9. Jay Z [ all his songs flows ]
10. Lil Jon [ haha wut can i say about lil jon jus great lol...]

you have no idea what you're talkin' about if Chingy, Mase, Lil Jon (who's actually a prodcucer and not a rapper), and Diddy (who always has ghostwriters) on ya list... Twista shouldn't be there......

2Pac and Big are 2 of the Biggest misconceptions of who's the greatest... they're DEFINITELY not

Kanye West should be on everyone's top 1

he's an AVERAGE MC with sick sick beats

my favorite producer since '99 but definitely not the best rapper though College Dropout is a GREAT album IMO

they are not in order...they are just names
Eminem
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Chingy
G-Unit
Dr. Dre
Obie Trice
Big Tymers
Twista
Ludacris

im not countin tupac cuz hes not alive

Kanye - already stated why he's not

Chingy, terrible MC - catchy hooks and hot beats make 'em

G-Unit's garbage with the exception of Lloyd Banks but Banks is fallin' off from what he used to spit before 50's album came out... peep Funk Flex "so-called freestyles"

Dr. Dre has ghostwriters all the time (Royce da 5'9 bein' one) and he's not even that nice lyrically..... great GREAT producer though

Big Tymers suck..... CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THEY'RE ON A LIST

Obie's a decent 2 barely above average MC

Twista = get the f*ck outta here

Luda got potential and has one of the hottest deliveries but talks about nothing with relevance... plus, 90% of the time he comes garbage... once in a while he'll surprise me... actually outshined Jada and Nas on Made You Look Remix

"Got more shit out on the streets than evicted tennants"

dass what i'm talkin' 'bout.... but still not even close to top 10
RuffRyderzUsmc
These arnet in any real order cause I like them all

1. Tupac
2. Dmx
3. Jay Z
4. 50 Cent
5. Ludacris
6. Drag On
7. RuffRyderz
8. T.I.
9. Trick Daddy
10. Juvenile
h22fanatik
QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Jul 14 2004, 4:29 PM)
it's not opinion... it's fact because rappin' is more technical than the average person thinks....

they didn't have the technical things down.... I'm assuming you're mostly a mainstream listener... that's why mainstream rap, at least 85/90% of it sucks right now....

cuz nobody knows what hip hop as a culture/rapping (the skill) is about....

and you said you loved Pac and Biggie even when they were alive....  timeout, this isn't about who's your top 10 favorite, iss about who's the top 10 best

they probably were two of the most loved and influencial because the love they received but they STILL didn't receive half the love until they were murdered... they weren't proclaimed the best of alltime 'til they were murdered either

listen to Dead Wrong remix feat. Eminem.... Eminem clearly makes Notorious sound like an amateur... his syllable rhyming is ridiculous in that song... his delivery has less holes, just straight up nonsense

and as I said, this is about the top 10 best, not top 10 favorite.... that's not my list for favorite either because my favorite list goes differently...

1) Em
2) Talib Kweli
3) Copywrite
4) Pharoahe Monch
5) Royce da 5'9
6) Hov - Jigga - S dot Carter - Jay-Z
7) Mos Def
8) Fabolous (his mixtape sh*t is crazy)
9) Common
10) Rakim

wrong. it's the best rappers IN UR OPINION! get it straight...everyone thinks differently and have different tastes. u can't convince someone to think the same way as u. be a lil open minded and have more respect for other pplz opinion, not just urs.
Yemmerz
QUOTE(chinkieeyedpnoi @ Jul 14 2004, 2:16 AM)

I remember that >< And I shot you, haha.

How bout top 5. (I'm lazy)
5)Rakim
4)Sugarhill Gang (it's the hip hop...it's confusing)
3)Run DMC
2)Biggie
1)Tupac

And it's so cute how you guys have 50 and Chingy and Em in there. They are sh!t compared to the people in my list. old school > new school. Fabulous?! Man you guys must be around 11...with out Rakim and Sugarhill you would have no Em or Fabulous. They didn't make history (well maybe Em but it's different.). Haha you youngins' (youngin- someone who doesn't know about the game) =)
patrick004
PENtheINSTRUMENT, we have to realize these people are more into commerical rap since it's more accessible and more appealing, than into straight hip hop.

Most of these people probably like the music that they can dance to and not the intellectual stuff. They don't really care about the word play, similes, metaphors, alliteration, punchlines, storytelling, etc. and this is most likely the reason why metal/rock fans hate rap/hip hop.

Anyways, my top 10 MCs/groups in random order.

1. Immortal Technique
2. Sage Francis
3. Big Pun
4. Eminem
5. Sticky Fingaz
6. The Fugees
7. Vishiss
8. Talib Kweli
9. Mountain Brothers
10. Chino XL (still "new" to have though)

It's really hard for me to pick a top 10, there's too many good ones out there. There's also a lot of rappers I'm trying to find out about.
h22fanatik
QUOTE(patrick004 @ Jul 15 2004, 9:46 AM)
PENtheINSTRUMENT, we have to realize these people are more into commerical rap since it's more accessible and more appealling, than into straight hip hop.

Most of these people probably like the music that they can dance to and not the intellectual stuff. They don't really care about the word play, similes, metaphors, alliteration, punchlines, storytelling, etc. and this is most likely the reason why metal/rock fans hate rap/hip hop.

1. Immortal Technique
2. Sage Francis
3. Big Pun
4. Eminem
5. Sticky Fingaz
6. The Fugees
7. Vishiss
8. Talib Kweli
9. Mountain Brothers

It's really hard for me to pick a top 10, there's too many good ones out there. There's also a lot of rappers I'm trying to find out about.

thank you! very well said and i couldn't agree with u more.
WTFwasIthinking
QUOTE(patrick004 @ Jul 15 2004, 9:46 AM)
PENtheINSTRUMENT, we have to realize these people are more into commerical rap since it's more accessible and more appealing, than into straight hip hop.

1. Immortal Technique
2. Sage Francis
3. Big Pun
4. Eminem
5. Sticky Fingaz
6. The Fugees
7. Vishiss
8. Talib Kweli
9. Mountain Brothers

dass what i'm talkin' about!!! FINALLY, a hip hopper

Immortal Technique is sick... I don't like Sage Francis's delivery cuz it's that acid rap sh*t but what he says is incredible... he's an amazing poet - i hear he wins tons of poetry contests... his words are deep as f**k...

Pun's CRAZY.... Eminem as well

I dun' like Sticky Fingaz at all... the Fugees were great but ehhh...

Kweli's the man... never even heard of the Mountain Brothers though I do hear that Red and Meth call themselves that sometimes cuz they always so high... LMAO

I think Chino XL's overrated though but yeah, more respect towards your list...

AND AS I DID SAY, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT THE TOP 10 BEST RAPPERS.... NOT THEIR FAVORITE OR WHAT THEY LIKE LISTENIN' TO... I don't like listenin' to Sage Francis but I know he's an incredible MC

5)Rakim
3)Run DMC
2)Biggie
1)Tupac

And it's so cute how you guys have 50 and Chingy and Em in there. They are sh!t compared to the people in my list. old school > new school. Fabulous?! Man you guys must be around 11...with out Rakim and Sugarhill you would have no Em or Fabulous. They didn't make history (well maybe Em but it's different.). Haha you youngins' (youngin- someone who doesn't know about the game) =)

oh god, you have no idea what you're talkin' about.... Rakim's the only one that deserves to be on that list.... you say Em's doesn't deserve to be in there... ummm, aright, TIMEOUT... he's about to pass Pac as the alltime album seller in the history of hip hop... he has the record for most records sold in the first week by a SOLO ARTIST.... he's got an album that almost went diamond....

that's just the mainstream success part of it.... lyrically, he's a mastermind... RAKIM is not touchin' him lyrically.... Rakim is sick but he's not Em.... he doesn't have the syllable rhyming down as well as Em, didn't do the punchlines as nice as Em, didn't even have the delivery down like Em does now... c'mon man, and RUN DMC?!?!?!? they're not even great rappers... they're great MC's YES because MC stands for "move the crowd"/"microphone controller" BUT you need the total package to be an MC... lyrically, none of 'em were that nice.... you know how basic their rhyme structure is? c'mon man, you don't even know what you talkin' about and actin' like you all ahead of someone.... even Fab would rip everyone on ya list honestly.... you haven't heard Fab spit on the real level.... listen to Breathe - his newest song that's just ridiciulous.... listen to his mixtape sh*t and you'll be amazed... you're probably stuck in the mainstream world where he releases the club/songs for girls/my car is better than your's type ish...... but you wrong 'bout him... at the top of his game, he's one of the elite...... wordplay, punchlines are CRAZY.... his syllable rhyming one of the best

as I said, Rakim's the ONLY one that deserves to be in any list.... Kool G Rap (old school if you wanna go that way) will murder everyone on that list EXCEPT Rakim.... I hope you know who that is.... you do right?

wrong. it's the best rappers IN UR OPINION! get it straight...everyone thinks differently and have different tastes. u can't convince someone to think the same way as u. be a lil open minded and have more respect for other pplz opinion, not just urs.

and as for that, I am open minded.... VERY, but if someone is COMPLETELY WRONG then I'ma correct them... I've proven why also the lists are completely off.... best rappers in your opinion is a very broad statement BUT there's technical stuff about MCing (AS I SAID BEFORE) and most of the guys named don't have any of 'em down....

It would be like someone naming the top 10 best cars and these people are naming one's that they like and then some car expert comes in and tell's them why those cars either suck or are worse than others.... most of the guys listed on mosts people's list suck, PERIOD
sh0rt13
- fabolous
- kanye west
- diddy
- t.i
- twista
- jay-z
- chingy
- lil flip
- murphy lee
- j kwon
black_cloud10
1. eminem
2. ludacris
3. scarface
4. dre
5. snoop
6. biggie
7. swisha house
7 1/2. mike watts
8. d12
9. 2pac
10. outkast

this list is in order of rememberance not of best to worst.
black_cloud10
QUOTE(Yemmerz @ Jul 15 2004, 7:36 AM)

5)Rakim
3)Run DMC
2)Biggie
1)Tupac

ahh Rakim. completly forgot about him... man reading all these ppl'z list makes me want to go buy some albumz.
lilambi1612
1.2pac
2.Biggie
3.Snoop Dogg
4.ICE CUBE
5.Nelly
6.Nas
7.Ja Rule
8.Mc Lyte
9.eminem
10.Ludacris

Bye the way rock sucks fo reel All about rap metal sux too
BeyondElite
I hate raps. They're undecent people. So...sorry! sad.gif
whhaat
1. Lloyd Banks
2. Kanye West
3. 50 Cent
4. Nelly
5. Eminem
6. Murphy Lee
7. 2pac
8. J-Kwon
9. Young Buck
10. Lil Wayne
WTFwasIthinking
these kinda rap fans 'er the one's that piss me off....
h22fanatik
and as for that, I am open minded.... VERY, but if someone is COMPLETELY WRONG then I'ma correct them... I've proven why also the lists are completely off.... best rappers in your opinion is a very broad statement BUT there's technical stuff about MCing (AS I SAID BEFORE) and most of the guys named don't have any of 'em down....

It would be like someone naming the top 10 best cars and these people are naming one's that they like and then some car expert comes in and tell's them why those cars either suck or are worse than others.... most of the guys listed on mosts people's list suck, PERIOD

well u sure don't sound like ur open minded. u said if we were to talk about the 10 best cars, an expert would tell us what cars are the best. an expert meaning a reputable mechanic or a body man right? but who r u to say who are the best rappers? r u a reputable MC or producer? no ur not, ur just like anyone of us. so before u criticize other pplz tastes, u need to calm down and check urself. i really dont mean to sound like a bitch, but i can't stand ppl who arent open minded.
WTFwasIthinking
QUOTE(h22fanatik @ Jul 15 2004, 3:59 PM)
well u sure don't sound like ur open minded. u said if we were to talk about the 10 best cars, an expert would tell us what cars are the best. an expert meaning a reputable mechanic or a body man right? but who r u to say who are the best rappers? r u a reputable MC or producer? no ur not, ur just like anyone of us. so before u criticize other pplz tastes, u need to calm down and check urself. i really dont mean to sound like a bitch, but i can't stand ppl who arent open minded.

I study hip hop... and lyricism. I'm an established MC from Jerz dass gotten props from Record Labels execs, specifically Rawkus Records (where Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Kool G Rap, Skillz, and more were signed to)...

I'm workin' on a demo right now and have had people from Harlem, Newark, Amboy, New York, and other places wantin' ta work with me including a guy named Krumbz that has a buzz all around Jerz and New York....

and umm..... who am I ta criticize peoples' tastes? someone who knows a lot more about hip hop and MCing than anyone at this board..... so I have every right to tell people when they're wrong in this department

oh yeah, and I met Memphis Bleek (Under the ROC - Jay-Z's label) last summer in Brunswick 'n told 'em I'm workin' on gettin' signed... I got his personal office number 'n he told me to call 'em when I finish muh demo 'n he'll sit 'n peep it....

ummm... I feel like that's enough...

PayCe ~1~
h22fanatik
QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Jul 15 2004, 4:03 PM)
I study hip hop... and lyricism. I'm an established MC from Jerz dass gotten props from Record Labels execs, specifically Rawkus Records (where Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Kool G Rap, Skillz, and more were signed to)...

I'm workin' on a demo right now and have had people from Harlem, Newark, Amboy, New York, and other places wantin' ta work with me including a guy named Krumbz that has a buzz all around Jerz and New York....

and umm..... who am I ta criticize peoples' tastes? someone who knows a lot more about hip hop and MCing than anyone at this board..... so I have every right to tell people when they're wrong in this department

oh yeah, and I met Memphis Bleek (Under the ROC - Jay-Z's label) last summer in Brunswick 'n told 'em I'm workin' on gettin' signed... I got his personal office number 'n he told me to call 'em when I finish muh demo 'n he'll sit 'n peep it....

ummm... I feel like that's enough...

PayCe ~1~

haha that's great...but ppl are not gonna call u an ESTABLISHED MC until ur f*ckin famous, so until then...u need to step down and stop criticizing other pplz opinions...and that's great that ur soo cocky to say that ur the most knowledgeable person on this board about hip hop...i dont mean to burst ur bubble, but i dont think anyone here gives a sh*t...we like our top ten rappers...laugh.gif
WTFwasIthinking
QUOTE(h22fanatik @ Jul 15 2004, 4:46 PM)
haha that's great...but ppl are not gonna call u an ESTABLISHED MC until ur f*ckin famous, so until then...u need to step down and stop criticizing other pplz opinions...and that's great that ur soo cocky to say that ur the most knowledgeable person on this board about hip hop...i dont mean to burst ur bubble, but i dont think anyone here gives a sh*t...we like our top ten rappers...laugh.gif

once again, another mainstream listeners view.... there's over 20 underground MC's that are skilled enough to annihilate 80% of the mainstream industry... they're better battle rappers, better deliveries, better lyrically, better concepts, more conscious, and more....

Vakill, Juice, Sage Francis, Eyedea, Crooked I, JR Writer, Copywrite, Cage, Esoteric, Immortal Technique, Illogic, Benefit, and dozens more.....

but they're not famous.... doesn't mean they're not established..... they're all still basically makin' doctor money... did you know that people like that perform at shows for 30-40 minute sets and can make 5 grand? say a family doctor makes 200 G's a year... well that's 1/40 of what a doctor makes in a year in 30-40 minutes... c'mon....

and stop criticizing other people's opinions? first of all, I can criticize whatever I want however I want.... and I'm not being cocky, it's truth - I study hip hop... just like you probably know a lot more about other aspects of life than me, I know more about hip hop than (PROBABLY) everyone at this board considering I study it and live it.... and you asked what makes me so qualified and I told you... I wasn't throwin' it around all cocky like I'm the man... first I brought knowledgable arguments and facts to the table against ya'll opinions. I have every right to do that.... I didn't bring it up until you asked what makes me so qualified... I told'chu... and you don't need to give a sh*t.... whether or not you give a sh*t does not make such an enormous impact on my life..... I'm good whether you like me, hate me, wanna kill me, or say I'ma complete idiot... does not make a difference

as I said, I'm bringin' facts... ya'll bringin' opinions... keep runnin' with that... you don't get far in arguments doin' that but iss all good...

PayCe ~1~
patrick004
Cool, you know Krumbz, I think he's tight. What's your name and artist name?

He hangs around the D12world.com boards and allowed people to download his album. He also put some unreleased stuff on his soundclick page.

His song Abeecee'z is an amazing song.

BTW, trying to convert these people to actual hip hop would be a tough feat. I have a friend who I always, ALWAYS try to introduce him to new music but most of the time, he's say it sucks. I can't believe he loves the Big Tymers...over The Roots.

You don't know the Mountain Brothers(www.mountainbrothers.com). Well, they're a trio from Philly and they're all Chinese. The most famous member is Chops(www.chopshiphop.com), who has been acknowledged by people like Kanye West, DJ Premier, and RZA for his talent of producing. Also, he's one of the rare people who can produce and rip tracks at the same time.
WTFwasIthinking
QUOTE(patrick004 @ Jul 15 2004, 6:23 PM)
Cool, you know Krumbz, I think he's tight. What's your name and artist name?

He hangs around the D12world.com boards and allowed people to download his album. He also put some unreleased stuff on his soundclick page.

His song Abeecee'z is an amazing song.

BTW, trying to convert these people to actual hip hop would be a tough feat. I have a friend who I always, ALWAYS try to introduce him to new music but most of the time, he's say it sucks. I can't believe he loves the Big Tymers...over The Roots.

Yeah, I know 'em through online but he says I'm sick....

He said as soon as he's done with his second album we gon' hit the studio up together 'n see wassup....

Du's pretty nice... quote on quote he said: "you ill as f*ck"...

pretty much, I know I'm sick... I'ma be signed within 2 years almost guaranteed...

watch for me... And

aright? PayCe ~1~
patrick004
Haha, I'll look out for you.

If you didn't notice, I added something my last post about the Mountain Brothers, if you're interested.

And you still didn't answer my Q. What's your name and artist name?
WTFwasIthinking
Andrew is the name... And is the artist name.....

muh boys used ta just call me And instead of Andrew and iss simple, basic, and original so I'm stickin' wit it...

iss And aka the Rhetoric

Krumbz 'n ah are both from Jerz.... I definitely wanna collab wit du'... he's type nice

just peeped the Mountain Brothers... they aight... nuttin' extraordinary but better than any asian du's I heard spit besides me.... they pretty decent though... they can actually make songs unlike some other people (*cough cough Jin cough cough*) ....

nah, ah actually gotta connect to Jin also though cuz ah know someone who knows these girls that used to mess wit 'em before he got big... they still talk to 'em and chill wit 'em so he might get a demo to take it somewhere if he doesn't hate and want a better asian MC gettin' spotlight... people have told me he's childish as f*ck so who knows....

but anyway, g'look for the link 'n sh*t... as I said, they aight
bballchick1
here's mine:

1. kanye west
2. 2pac
3. jay-z
4. biggie
5. 50 cent
6. snoop dogg
7. loon
8. dr. dre
9. eminem
10. nas

yup that's it
bigpoppaproppy
1. 2pac
2. dmx
3. eminem
4. Snoop/Dre
5. Twista
6. bone thugs
7. kanye
8. p. diddy
9. biggie
10. jay-z
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.