Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: True or false: Honesty is the best policy.
Forums > Community Center > Debate
BamBamBoogie
I've been gone for a while so i came bak with some topics. enjoy. thumbsup.gif
emberfly
FALSE
brooklyneast05
neither. you can't pose something like this in a true or false way. it's completely dependent upon the situation. we could make up a million scenarios when honestly wouldn't be the best policy and a million where it would.

if your sister's crazy ex boyfriend comes in the house with a gun and asks where your sister is then would honesty be the best policy? or would it be better to lie and say she isn't there? clearly honesty isn't the best policy in this situation.
datass
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 27 2009, 08:51 AM) *
if your sister's crazy ex boyfriend comes in the house with a gun and asks where your sister is then would honesty be the best policy?

hahahha yeah

i know it sounds redundant but it always depends on the situation.
lovebuddha
QUOTE(doughnut @ Sep 26 2009, 09:17 PM) *
hahahha yeah

i know it sounds redundant but it always depends on the situation.

I have to agree. It really depends on the situation and even then being honest is always good but there is a difference between lying and just not telling every little detail. Being honest always feels better but not sharing every little detail feels pretty good too.

Depends on situation. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.