Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crunchbag Linux
Forums > Community Center > Technology
heyo-captain-jack
http://crunchbanglinux.org/

CrunchBang Linux is an Ubuntu based distribution offering a great blend of speed, style and substance. Using the nimble Openbox window manager, it is highly customisable and provides a modern, full-featured GNU/Linux system without sacrificing performance. » Find out more about CrunchBang Linux

Anyone tried this yet?

Quite possibly the nicest distro I've ever used. Bunch of codecs right out of the box, nice and fast, and easy on the resources (using 218.7 MiB, 6% CPU on a Pentium IV rig with a gig of RAM). On top of all that, it has all the hotkeys I use pre set (most of them are the same bind :awesome:.

Very fast on this old rig, and I'm just using the liveCD. Definitely has my install.
Maccabee
Awesome. Gonna try it now. is that the lite version? I have a feeling lite version is only smaller, but doesnt use less cpu or ram. The only thing that would REALLY make it a winner was if it would work with windows wireless drivers... I cant get the wireless desktop in my garage connected to the internet in linux.
heyo-captain-jack
I've never had a problem with wireless internet on Linux. I've used like six different wireless cards on eight different computers.
Maccabee
Laptops? Same here. Desktops. Not so much. Using this batch of cookies.
http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WMP54G
heyo-captain-jack
I don't even own a laptop. I haven't owned one in over a year.
Maccabee
Ever used that thing?
I found a tutorial on how to install the drivers, but I cant do diddly squat in ubuntu, because im not a superuser. How can I make myself admin?
Do you have a laptop desktop? I would lol.
heyo-captain-jack
su to make yourself admin. Same with any other distro.

and no I don't own a laptop desktop. they don't exist.
Maccabee
oic. I wonder if the tutorial would work the same on crunchbag linux. only one way to find out.
heyo-captain-jack
It's based on ubuntu, so I don't see why not.
synapse
definitely looks like something you'd use. But not for me, with ubuntu i'm more for looks. :)
heyo-captain-jack
But it does look good (although this is coming from someone who prefers the Windows Classic look over XP, Vista, and 7)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.