Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you organize your windows?
Forums > Community Center > Technology
heyo-captain-jack
I like being able to see all my windows, and I'm sure this kind of OCD can't be exclusive to me.
How do you organize your windows on your screen?

click to enlarge
Jghelfi
well actuallly, i just minimize the windows that im not using, and keep one window open..yea.. basic..
Maccabee
I enjoy doing that when i have a high resolution.
is your screen 1024 wide? if it isnt then you are probably gonna get a lot of scrollbars.
I use the resize window add on to make my browser 1024 wide and then i make it as tall a it can be. And on a mac any other windows blend in very well. Like i forget they are there. and then i move to the bottom left corner and it shows all windows in expose.
iDecay
QUOTE(-Jon- @ Sep 7 2009, 08:15 AM) *
well actuallly, i just minimize the windows that im not using, and keep one window open..yea.. basic..

Yeah, haha.

I keep my taskbar in a specific order though.. It's always Firefox, Winamp, whatever program I'm using for a project or school, then AIM. :3
Jghelfi
OCD Freak too?
haha laugh.gif
iDecay
Yeah, I guess you can say that. XD.gif I'm pretty anal about keeping things in order. wacko.gif

Oh shit, you're in Covina. ph34r.gif
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(jcp @ Sep 7 2009, 10:26 AM) *
is your screen 1024 wide?

Primary monitor is 1280 wide. I only use my other one (1680x1050) for gaming.
Gigi
Yeah I just let them float around organically LOL. Then do use pseudo-Expose to bring my windows back up. Although for me, my IM client has to be the first thing in the taskbar.
HeartOfPandora
F*CK YEAH DA FUNK.

I like me some browser space (count 'em - menu bar, tab bar if applicable), so if I have a browser open and active, I'm usually on fullscreen. But I have a bunch of shit hidden in the taskbar icon space thingie so that it doesn't take up tab space.

I've always got a bunch of shit running, but it only ever looks like two or three programmes.

Also organise my browser tabs alphabetically... :\
mipadi
I just hide the windows of whatever application I'm not using, generally.
superstitious
QUOTE(-Jon- @ Sep 7 2009, 10:15 AM) *

That, mostly. Unless I'm multitasking at work and split screening.
manny-the-dino
QUOTE(-Jon- @ Sep 7 2009, 08:15 AM) *
QUOTE(iDecay @ Sep 7 2009, 08:55 AM) *
I keep my taskbar in a specific order though.. It's always Firefox, Winamp, whatever program I'm using for a project or school, then AIM. :3

Same here. Except for my taskbar it always has to be iTunes, Safari and then everything else. Depends on what I'm doing/working on.
medic
I just use Exposé constantly.

click to enlarge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.