Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Earbuds vs. Dr. Dre Beat Tours
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
Simba
sup tech bros, I'm on a quest to find some dope headphones

I copped some Dr. Dre Beats tours a while ago, but those broke on me twice, so I exchanged them for some Shure SE210s @ Best Buy

the bass is less than impressive to me for $150 though, I guess I'm wondering what are the best earbuds I can get at this price range
fixtatik
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_o...hones/index.jsp < eargasm.
Simba
I used those for a while, until one of the ears blew out, still have 'em though

I hated the ear sleeves though tbh
concluded that beats > those bose tho, different price range though so it's ok
Uronacid
I try not to use ear buds. Studies show that they destroy your ears. It's not the exposure to the loud noise that destroys your ear drums but the exposure to loud music from a speaker rooted in the ear canal. I personally hurt my own ears as a result of ear buds. I know for a fact I cannot hear as well as others for that very reason.

Anyway, if you're blowing out ear buds like these:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_o...hones/index.jsp

(aka: some of the best headphones on the market) Then you should probably stop playing your music that loud. It's costing you more than a new set of head phones. I can't tell you how often people ask if I can hear some faint noise and I have to tell them, "no". I can still hear for the most part, but it's really depressing. Another thing, don't use ear buds for sound recording. That's how I used to blow out mine. That's also how I deafened my ears a bit.
brooklyneast05
not what your lookin for i know cause they aren't earbuds, but this is what i have and i like em

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...V700DJ#features

i duno about earbuds though. i've never found a pair i like very much =/ so good luck
mipadi
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 1 2009, 09:12 AM) *
I try not to use ear buds. Studies show that they destroy your ears. It's not the exposure to the loud noise that destroys your ear drums but the exposure to loud music from a speaker rooted in the ear canal. I personally hurt my own ears as a result of ear buds. I know for a fact I cannot hear as well as others for that very reason.

Anyway, if you're blowing out ear buds like these:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_o...hones/index.jsp

(aka: some of the best headphones on the market) Then you should probably stop playing your music that loud. It's costing you more than a new set of head phones. I can't tell you how often people ask if I can hear some faint noise and I have to tell them, "no". I can still hear for the most part, but it's really depressing. Another thing, don't use ear buds for sound recording. That's how I used to blow out mine. That's also how I deafened my ears a bit.

Wonderful point. When I was a kid (i.e., in high school) I rehearsed with a bunch of bands with really loud equipment. As a result, I slowly lost sensitivity in my hearing. By early college, I was listening to my iPod with earbuds with the volume at 100%. Needless to say, I don't hear as well as I used to, but now I turn my iPod down to about 25%-30%. Protect your hearing, kids.

Now that the public service announcement is over, I will point out that if bass is what you're looking for, you should realize (and you probably already know this, but it's worth repeating) that you're never going to get excellent bass response from earbuds -- the speakers are just too small. By "excellent" I mean that the bass is never going to sound as good as on over-the-ear headphones of any variety.
Simba
word word y'all, I gotcha

yeah I already have headphones that cover my ears for when I DJ or travel, but I still like earbuds just for going to school and stuff, portability

word about bass and earbuds, though the bass of the beats were pretty good for earbuds imo, I was curious if there were any other earbuds on the market like it

haha actually those bose earbuds were given to me, so I don't know how the previous user used them, but I almost always keep my ipod at or below 50%; since I DJ, hell yeah I value my ears lol

anyone know anything about the v-moda or i think sennhauser headphones that are supposed to compete w/ those bose and beats headphones?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.