Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allergic to Bananas
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Shelby-Zu
*sigh*
My boss just gave me a banana. dont take that the wrong way :P
but im allergic to them >.<" my mouth is swollen now hahahah

what are you all allergic to? im allergic to almost everything with fur, most fruits, and canola oil hahha. and i have seasonal allergies too, but those arent as bad >.<'

anyone allergic to something? have an allergy story? hahah
mipadi
My throat constricts when I eat carrots.
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 19 2009, 04:19 PM) *
My throat constricts when I eat carrots.

eek.gif carrots??! thats a new one for me to hear =O wows >.<'
-DressYourEyelids-
i get all blotchy when i eat strawberries. doesn't stop me though :D
i am severely allergic to any nutbutter containing preservatives. my doctor said something about the chemical reactions or something along those lines...
emberfly
I have no allergies, not even seasonal.
Teesa
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 19 2009, 05:57 PM) *
*sigh*
My boss just gave me a banana. dont take that the wrong way :P
but im allergic to them >.<" my mouth is swollen now hahahah

what are you all allergic to? im allergic to almost everything with fur, most fruits, and canola oil hahha. and i have seasonal allergies too, but those arent as bad >.<'

anyone allergic to something? have an allergy story? hahah

if you know you're allergic to bananas, why did you eat one? _unsure.gif

i don't think i'm allergic to any foods, but i have a chronic runny nose and sneeze a lot in the morning sometimes :/
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Teesa @ Aug 19 2009, 07:46 PM) *
if you know you're allergic to bananas, why did you eat one? _unsure.gif

because my boss happens to be my step-grandfather or w/e
and every morning before work he offers me terrible coffee and a banana.

i refuse both before he even begins to make it.
but the other day he had already peeled it and gave it to me and i didnt eat it, he goes-
"well why arent you eating your ba-nanny?!"

i have told him every day for the last two summers i'm allergic to them, but i was being polite and ate half of it :/

there. lol
Amaranthus
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 20 2009, 07:22 PM) *
because my boss happens to be my step-grandfather or w/e
and every morning before work he offers me terrible coffee and a banana.

i refuse both before he even begins to make it.
but the other day he had already peeled it and gave it to me and i didnt eat it, he goes-
"well why arent you eating your ba-nanny?!"

i have told him every day for the last two summers i'm allergic to them, but i was being polite and ate half of it :/

there. lol

That's so cute.

I'm allergic to bananas as well; they make my tongue itchy.
I've tons of seasonal allergies, including grass.
hypnotique
Vicodin.

Err no foods thankfully.
Melie
no food allergies just environmental allergies. but i do get indigestion when i eat bananas.
heyo-captain-jack
If I consume anything with Galactose, I end up with diarrhea.
Maccabee
Ia that related to galactia?
My mom cant eat msg, I was lactose intolerant for a little while.
Amaranthus
My lactose intolerance is inconsistent.
Maccabee
That sounds really funny :)
Amaranthus
It does? Why.
Maccabee
Lactose intolerance is inconsistent... it just has a zing to it. lol.
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(Amaranthus @ Aug 20 2009, 05:32 PM) *
That's so cute.

I'm allergic to bananas as well; they make my tongue itchy.
I've tons of seasonal allergies, including grass.

yaaay! im not the only one!

QUOTE(Christy @ Aug 20 2009, 09:27 PM) *
i'm allergic to tropicana orange juice
:(

me too :/ it does the same thing as the bananas do to me >.<'

QUOTE(Amaranthus @ Aug 20 2009, 10:26 PM) *
My lactose intolerance is inconsistent.

hrm.
my little sisters is too (if you were being serious)
she drinks milk.. but then sometimes she just... idk.cant take it i guess and i ended up getting soy milk for her. but there are just those times where she can still drink regular milk, but other times she cant. i cant figure it out :P
Amaranthus
Sometimes I get the shits, other times I don't.
colddesert
I'm allergic to bananas too.. and pineapple. It makes the roof of my mouth itch. (Lol.) I'm also allergic to pets, especially cats, but I have one. :D
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(colddesert @ Aug 21 2009, 12:28 AM) *
I'm allergic to bananas too.. and pineapple. It makes the roof of my mouth itch. (Lol.) I'm also allergic to pets, especially cats, but I have one. :D

thumbsup.gif booyaa!
im allergic to cats and horses the most! i have a dog, but he's and outside dog.
i used to ride horses, but the allergies were just so terrible XP i couldnt really continue with that....

CANNOT have cats. :/ no exception. i'd prolly die in my sleep from an allergy attack :P

pineapple is on my list too :(
im about ready to get one of those allergy tests where they stick all those needles in your back and then find out and design a list of things you're allergic too. I have to have well over 30 things =O

i cant even have a pet hamster -.-

Sandraaa
No food allergy. But I'm very much allergic to pollen and grass. :@
Blyat
Penicillins, Sol fa And pollen
And im allergic to pink lemonade but that has died down through the years
pretty wierd
lovefiend
I'm allergic to Almonds, Cherries, Peaches, Nectarines, Pears and plums. They mess my mouth up really bad. I can only eat Apples if they are cooked, like in apple pies or something. If I eat them raw, I get the swollen mouth thing.
kryogenix
QUOTE(Shelby-Zu @ Aug 19 2009, 06:22 PM) *
eek.gif carrots??! thats a new one for me to hear =O wows >.<'

Ironically, the dude who was the original voice of Bugs Bunny was allergic to carrots as well.
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Aug 30 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Ironically, the dude who was the original voice of Bugs Bunny was allergic to carrots as well.

weird-o blink.gif
Shelby-Zu
QUOTE( @ Aug 30 2009, 06:46 PM) *
and death.

XD.gif
Maccabee
if you are allergic to bannanas you could still practice on zuccinis and cucumbers.
Just_Dream
I don't think I'm allergic to anything. HOWEVER, after eating a shitload of durian, my lip got a little swollen/puffy because I developed a small ulcer on my lip, inside my mouth. Or well, known as a canker sore (NOT A COLD SORE!). I guess it was due to durian overload. sad.gif

MOVED TO LIFESTYLE > HEALTH or LIFESTYLE > FOOD
Amaranthus
What's durian?
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Amaranthus @ Aug 30 2009, 08:15 PM) *
What's durian?

Only the most fragrant and delicious fruit ever!!! BTW it's durian season shifty.gif

click to enlarge
Amaranthus
It looks nasty.

What's it taste like (sour, sweet, etc?)
kryogenix
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Aug 30 2009, 05:56 PM) *

hmmm straight dope says this story is false...
karmakiller
QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Aug 29 2009, 05:32 AM) *
No food allergy. But I'm very much allergic to pollen and grass. :@
I don't have any food allergies either, but pollen and fresh cut grass really irritate my lungs and sinuses.. so does mold and pine. I can't be around pine trees. I used to get really sick around Christmas time when I was a kid and it was almost as bad as when I had pneumonia.
Mickey
Topic moved to Health.

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 31 2009, 04:17 AM) *
Only the most fragrant and delicious fruit ever!!! BTW it's durian season shifty.gif

http://www.timwu.org/durian.JPG

Fuck off, that shit stinks. laugh.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 31 2009, 06:52 AM) *
Fuck off, that shit stinks. laugh.gif

Have you ever actually eaten it? It smells bad, but it tastes so good. I doubt I can have any until I go home in October, and by then durian season will probably be over. :(

I'm allergic to apples, corn, peanuts, almonds, and a bunch of other foods, but I swear my allergy test results must have been inaccurate since I eat those things all the time and nothing ever happens, except that apples make my mouth itch. I'm also lactose intolerant, but I've mostly outgrown that; whereas my nose always used to run (because I'd drink milk every day), now I just get a little stomach discomfort after I've consumed lactose. Funny story: my mom started buying me soy milk after I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance, only to find out that I was also allergic to soy...so then I just went back to drinking milk. I miss having chocolate-flavored Silk; so good. Oh, and I figure my soy allergy must also be mild since I don't have allergic reactions when I eat tofu.

Then there are my various "nature-y" allergies: pollen, ragweed, a million different plants and trees I can't name, etc. Thank goodness for Zyrtec--it's the only allergy pill that's ever worked well for me. Claritin sucks; Allegra's only somewhat better.
Mickey
Oh no, I know it tastes good. I was referring to its smell.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 31 2009, 05:34 AM) *
Oh no, I know it tastes good. I was referring to its smell.

OH HO HO, so you and Cristy admit that it TASTES GOOD, eh?! xmas.gif
Mickey
eyebrowes.gif
iDecay
QUOTE( @ Aug 30 2009, 05:46 PM) *
and death.

OIC too much cunnilingus, right? LOLOL.

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 30 2009, 08:10 PM) *
I don't think I'm allergic to anything. HOWEVER, after eating a shitload of durian, my lip got a little swollen/puffy because I developed a small ulcer on my lip, inside my mouth. Or well, known as a canker sore (NOT A COLD SORE!). I guess it was due to durian overload. sad.gif
MOVED TO LIFESTYLE > HEALTH or LIFESTYLE > FOOD

STFU BACKSEAT MOD.

It'sokayIlikeduriantoobutIjustdon'teatitasmuchasyou.

I'm not allergic to anything, I think.. _unsure.gif
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 31 2009, 10:00 AM) *
OH HO HO, so you and Cristy admit that it TASTES GOOD, eh?! xmas.gif

What do you mean, admit? I've loved durian all along. :D
Just_Dream
^ Then you understand my love for the durian. MMMMMMMMM.

Tina - backseat modding gives me a purpose in life. Without it, I have no reason to live post.

SRSLY, durian may be the death of me someday. And I don't mean by eating it, but more like standing under a durian tree at night and getting bonked on the head by one. THEY ARE DEADLY!!!
sixfive
NOOB LOL ALLERGIES AHAHHAHAHA
Shelby-Zu
I've never had one but my parents eat them in thailand and say they're good.
but they stink really badly after a while.,,
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Aug 30 2009, 10:17 PM) *

That looks scary.
Amaranthus
It looks like an evil pussy.
Tramatize
QUOTE(emberfly @ Aug 19 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I have no allergies, not even seasonal.

tokyo-rose
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Sep 5 2009, 01:19 PM) *
^ Then you understand my love for the durian. MMMMMMMMM.

SRSLY, durian may be the death of me someday. And I don't mean by eating it, but more like standing under a durian tree at night and getting bonked on the head by one. THEY ARE DEADLY!!!

Haha yes, I do. But unlike you, I only get to eat it once or twice a year. :[

LOL TRUFAX. They are so much deadlier than pineapples. I think xmas.gif needs more substantial head protection than that fuzzy red hat.
fire
I has durian at homes.
simx
Thankfully I don't have any food allergies as far as I know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.