Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: laksjflsakjf This is so anoying -.-
Forums > Community Center > Technology > Tech Help
emberfly
OK, so for a long time now (forever), the icons on my desktop have had drop shadows.

Today I changed my background, and now all the icons have a fugly black background.

How do I make them transparent again? cry.gifcry.gif

I googled this for about an hour and got many answers, but zero of them have worked.
datass
i dont know. i figure out that a light color (like white) makes the background black.
Uronacid
You've locked your desktop icons. Right-click on the background>Arrange Icons By>Lock is probably checked. Unlock them
emberfly
I never lock them.
emberfly
It's really annoying me cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Uronacid
Then you probably set your computer to best performance:

Right click on My Computer and select properties>goto the advanced tab>Click on performance settings>goto the visual effects tab> select Adjust for best appearance
emberfly
then I will have to install my theme again!

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

but i'll see if it works.

edit:

ohh you said performance >.< That's not helpful at all. it's already on that.
Tomates
thats happened to me
For some reason if its a photo or just some type of picture it will be transparent. Other times it wont and im sure it depends on the file type? idk but if it isnt going transparent you have to just change the colour yourself and try to match it up with the colour behind as best as possible.
Maccabee
QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 18 2009, 12:57 PM) *
Then you probably set your computer to best performance:

Right click on My Computer and select properties>goto the advanced tab>Click on performance settings>goto the visual effects tab> select Adjust for best appearance

Close.

go there but then click the custom tab, and check add drop shadows to icons on the desktop.
emberfly
You obviously didn't read.
Maccabee
I did. That is how you do it. I have had the same problem before.

I cant remember exactly but right click computer click advsnced tb cick performance then make sure that something close to "add drop shadows to icons on the desktop"is checked.
Tomates
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 18 2009, 05:54 PM) *
I did. That is how you do it. I have had the same problem before.

I cant remember exactly but right click computer click advsnced tb cick performance then make sure that something close to "add drop shadows to icons on the desktop"is checked.

He is trying to get rid of the drop shadow.
emberfly
The drop shadow has disappeared. I want it back.

That option was never un-checked, joseph. I changed the background and it screwed up the icon shadows.
mipadi
Don't the drop shadows go away if you set the background to a solid color (or if you have a picture that doesn't cover the entire screen)?
emberfly
it may be because my picture doesn't cover the entire screen :/

I have it set to center and it's only like 800x600 or something... my screen is 1440x900
mipadi
Yeah, that could be it. I know I had some problem like that (on XP, at least).
Uronacid
Didn't think to check if you had a solid color desktop. Yeah, you'll need to set the color of the icon text box to the same color as the desktop.
Maccabee
Yes. Then whatever the desktop background color is is the color of the backgrounds of the icons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.