Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! I love my boyfriend but Im falling for my bestfriend!
Forums > Community Center > Relationships
SaturdayRiot
Basically, ive been with my boyfriend David for half a year. And we've been great but the past two months have been rocky. Our phones calls are quick now but when I call him when im upset I talk to him, but he doesnt listen to my problems! He does but all he says is oh or that sucks and it gets me so mad cause I go to him for comfort and he doesnt give it and it really bugs and it seems like he dosnt care. I have to talk to my friend chris and he listens and helps me cause he knows exactly how I feel and im really confused. chris is my best friend and he listens and makes me laugh when im done crying and davids my boyfriend and all he does is just say that sucks when hes supposed to be doing what chris does and im still upset and crying. I dont wanna compare them but dont you think it should be the other way around. it makes me think so much cause I know chris likes me and he treats me really nice and treats me the way david used to in the begining and now between me and david its almost whatever, I had a three hour phone call with chris and we learned things about each other that we never though we would have in common, things we understand and certain things weve gone through. We feel the same about alot and that night I hung up I realized I was falling for him and I love my boyfriend. David and I only have a few things in common but chris and I have a lot. I feel like I greatly care for both of them, Chris has told me he isnt ready for a relationship before he knew I was starting to like him and with david i feel like I want to be with him because I love him...but I don't. And after spending alot of time talking to chris and less time talking to david, i have no idea whether I should end it (which i really dont want to) because Im really liking chris now, or keep it going while feeling bad. I want to be with both, but I have to pick one :/

Help?Suggestions? Advice!
Maccabee
imapedophileandimaeatchu

Dump david and date the other guy, or dont. Its up to you. There are only two choices.

Your really bad at this stuff...
SaturdayRiot
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 12 2009, 07:53 AM) *
Your really bad at this stuff...

I know >.< I can never maintain a relationship...
drinksmokefuck
you only call David when your upset? no wonder hes annoyed as f*ck, why don't you ask him about his day, maybe you didnt give the full story but it just sounds like your just using David to make yourself feel better. oh and this chris guy, gonna end up like your David pretty soon, he probably just wants to get that puss
SaturdayRiot
QUOTE(drinksmokef*ck @ Aug 12 2009, 12:48 PM) *
you only call David when your upset? no wonder hes annoyed as f*ck, why don't you ask him about his day, maybe you didnt give the full story but it just sounds like your just using David to make yourself feel better. oh and this chris guy, gonna end up like your David pretty soon, he probably just wants to get that puss

No, david calls me most of the time and never even says anything. Literally I answer and say Hello and he'll say hello and I'll say Hi and then he'll say it and suddenly its quiet. Ill ask how his day was and hell just say fine and leave it at that, and when i ask what he did he says nothing. ALL THE TIME. I try to talk to him but he never says anything, it gets annoying especially its usually him that calls me, im not shallow to use someone for anything.
drinksmokefuck
what about when you actually see eachother in person, does he still act the same?
libertie
I think you're expecting way too much from your boyfriend. If you're upset all the time, fix it. Don't expect him to every single time - chances are he has no idea where to even start, and you're putting a lot of pressure on him. Figure out why you're upset and then STOP, because if you're upset all the time then there's no way you can keep a relationship going.

If you're starting to have feelings for Chris, it's probably a good idea to stop talking to him for a while, because doing what you're doing is really dishonest to your current boyfriend. If you're gonna end things with your boyfriend, that's your choice, but until you do that you really shouldn't be spending SO MUCH time talking to your best friend - it's clouding your judgment and you need to think clearly without thinking "but I might be happier with this guy instead".

It's also probably a good idea to be open with your boyfriend about all this if you want to stay together.. You say you love him but you're not really acting like it. Tell him you've been having second thoughts about your relationship, and just try to talk to him about it - without pointing fingers or jumping down his throat. If you DO love him, then just for a moment try to put his feelings before your own and see if you can see things his way. Understanding each other is really important - it works both ways. There may be a reason he's not saying much when you guys talk on the phone. You'll never know if you don't talk to him about it rather than spilling all your problems to your guy friend instead.

The bottom line is that if you're starting to have feelings for someone else, that should set off a huge red flag. I have a lot of sympathy for your boyfriend right now. =\ Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I do think you need to realize that you might be part of the problem as well, you know?
SaturdayRiot
Im begining to think its mostly me not him, I think i expect so much because I was used to being treated like in the first place. If this is how it goes, I dont deserve him or chris. I should just take a break from guys and only time can only tell what will happen in the future, thanks for opening my eyes all.
hypnotique
I think you both wore this relationship down thin so it might just be best to perhaps break it off, take a break from boyfriends for a bit and see where the best friend and you lead into
SaturdayRiot
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Aug 12 2009, 03:40 PM) *
I think you both wore this relationship down thin so it might just be best to perhaps break it off, take a break from boyfriends for a bit and see where the best friend and you lead into

I think im just going to have to do that, i dont want anymore drama in my life.
Uronacid
This is such a stupid topic. Just another topic where some anonymous person wants us to tell her that it is ok to follow his/her heart. You're not even 18 years old yet. Give me a break. I don't care, go out with your best friend. If I were Dave I would say, "Good Riddance."
ley
If you dont love your boyfriend and if he cant make you happy then break up with him. The other guy should have nothing to do with you making your decision. If you keep comparing them this is what will happen. You will break up with your bf, go out with your friend. Yall are gonna be totally alike all the time wheich is gonna start annoying the f*ck out of you. Your gonna be pissed cuz he treats you like a friend not a gf. Shit like that.

My advice is keep your friend as a friend. Friends are suppose to comfort you and be there for you. I honestly dont think your into him if your bf wasn't a jerk i dont think you would be having "feelings" for this other guy.
FizzyMilk
age has nothing to do with anything.
just getting that out in the open.
(i've been dating my boyfriend since i was 14--I'm 17 now.)
It depends on the maturity level.

I dated my best friend at one time (he's still my best friend too!!!)
and it doesn't work well. Talk to David.
Some guys don't know how to make their girlfriends feel better? and If he's not talking...MAKE conversation, just don't bore him to death. :)

I dunno, If you think it's right then go out with Chris. If he treats you right then go out with him. You're young. You have plenty of time to figure out boys. :)
leah2255
I think you should have a talk with your boyfriend. Does he act the same as you call him? You should get clear between you and David. Ask what does he thinks. Or maybe the problem is on him. I mean if you still love him but maybe he doesn't.

I have a question. How long did you know Chris? Does Chris treat you like that all the time?

If your boyfriend always tread you coldly, i support Chris.

I think you get this problem because you are not love David that much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.