Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows xp challenge.
Forums > Community Center > Technology
Maccabee

Lets see how light we can get windows xp to run.

Rules.
Close all your programs, that didnt boot when you turn on your computer. Including, aim int he notification area.
Open task manager, go to processes, set it to show the smallest to largest.
Screenshot.

The piece of crap I have had to use for like a month.

If I restarted it, im sure it would be a little less cause some itunes processes started once I opened it and stuff. And my anti virus is still running.

Ill post my moms computer that has 128mb of ram.

No cheating.
Cheating includes,
booting into safe mode,
and I guess it would kinda be cheating to screenshot a newly installed xp.

Annnnndddddd.... anyone can contribute to help eachother on getting it lower. If anyone has any explorer.exe replacements, do share.
Nickfury
theres too many things going on in each persons xp joe. i dont even run xp anymore.
mipadi
Maccabee
you win. Just barely.
Uronacid
QUOTE(Nickfury @ Aug 11 2009, 09:28 AM) *
theres too many things going on in each persons xp joe. i dont even run xp anymore.

Then you can't play Nick Danger. :(

I'll do mine when I get home. :)
Maccabee
I actually can't screenshot my mothers computer because It doesn't have paint... does anyone have another way of doing it? Or maybe I should ask, what is the lightest freeware that can take screenshots.
Uronacid
QUOTE(jcp @ Aug 12 2009, 10:36 AM) *
I actually can't screenshot my mothers computer because It doesn't have paint... does anyone have another way of doing it? Or maybe I should ask, what is the lightest freeware that can take screenshots.

You don't need paint to take screen shots. Anyway, if you're just lacking an application to paste a screen shot into the n why not just reinstall paint or even gimp.
Jghelfi
and u can also use PhotoFiltre.

my PC has like 52 Processes so i cant take a pic..
but my highest Mem Usage before i restarted was 20,604 K

i restarted my CPU cuz i ended a wrong process..
right now the highest is at 46,580 K ohmy.gif
heyo-captain-jack
whatdoiwin.png

You pussies even closed your web browser.
Maccabee
What do you win? Well now you to tell us how you did it. you should make minimem lower the mem size of minimem.

Yo dawg, i heard you like minimem, so i put minimem in your minimem so you can how a low memory while you have a low memory.

heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(jcp @ Sep 6 2009, 07:43 PM) *
you should make minimem lower the mem size of minimem.

no

Also, minimem isn't doing anything, I use it to keep some games and firefox in check. I'll post a screenshot without minimem running.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.