Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who uses the "Dissolve" layer blend mode?
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
markmejia
Anyone? ._.

I have never found any professional use for it. yet?
lovescream
I haven't either reallyyyy.. T_T It's like one of the layer modes I never really touch and never really think of using. Haha.
Mikeplyts
Nope, I don't really see a use for it. :/
1angel3
I wonder the same thing. What is the use for it? I tried it with a bright pretty color and lowered the opacity real low to try to give a picture a dusty effect. Didn't really work mellow.gif
Nickfury
apparently creativenerds website..

ive never found a way to incorporate it.
schizo
I used it before, but that was a long time ago when I had no taste.
heyo-captain-jack
I've used it a few times when requested. I personally hate it.
Mikeplyts
QUOTE(Nickfury @ Aug 8 2009, 07:29 AM) *
ive never found a way to incorporate it.

me either. It always made the object look really ugly. I think that's like one of the only flaws Photoshop has.
innerdemon25
Ive used a few times in the past, like when i first started to do graphic design. Before I knew how to load brushes I used to use it like a spray paint effect similar to the one found in MS Paint. Then about in February I used it on a flash banner, in PS I got a spray paint brush and applied the dissolve blend mode and it looked better then the brush originally did, ha. So I guess if you find right reasons for it you can find a great way to integrate it with your work.

-Brandon Lagenour
-Revolutions Designs
ForgiveTheSinner
I use it...to make tiny tiny "text" hahaha...but other than that no.
fixtatik
Nick at ndesign-studio.com always makes good use of the dissolve blending mode... :\
Mickey
I thought those were just displacement effects?
fixtatik
I dunno. Ask him. I do know I've been able to replicate his style of backgrounds using the dissolve blending mode.
Tramatize
ive used it to like fade out this graffiti/spray paint spot i made for a picture a LONG time ago.
Gigi
I certainly don't, but this is sort of interesting:

1angel3
QUOTE(fixtatik @ Aug 27 2009, 04:20 AM) *
Nick at ndesign-studio.com always makes good use of the dissolve blending mode... :\

QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 27 2009, 05:14 AM) *
I thought those were just displacement effects?

QUOTE(fixtatik @ Aug 27 2009, 05:28 AM) *
I dunno. Ask him. I do know I've been able to replicate his style of backgrounds using the dissolve blending mode.

Yep he does use the dissolve and after reading how he uses it. I came up with ideas to use it

Look: http://www.webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/v...ing-techniques/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.