Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should i just throw this layout idea away?
Forums > Resource Center > Graphics Help > Graphics Help Resolved Topics
MoneyIsDaMotive
click to enlarge

yeahhh im stilll workin on my desigin skills
i suck right now...hopefully ill get better =(
synapse
Yes.
synapse
QUOTE(SwaggLookinGood @ Jul 16 2009, 05:32 AM) *
okay thanks.whats more better.designs with people in them?

No. Just a more creative aspect. Your design is too amateur, looks as if it was inspired by a design that probably has the same background. Your design with this path will end up having 7 different fonts after contents have been added. Your design should utilize 2 fonts max. 3 if you have a specific-font logo. Sure, there is probably one person that would use the layout. But if you want to attract a lot of people to using something that you've designed. It should appeal to more than just a certain person. Try thinking outside the boxes. Open up your imagination a bit more.
MoneyIsDaMotive
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Jul 16 2009, 04:45 AM) *
No. Just a more creative aspect. Your design is too amateur, looks as if it was inspired by a design that probably has the same background. Your design with this path will end up having 7 different fonts after contents have been added. Your design should utilize 2 fonts max. 3 if you have a specific-font logo. Sure, there is probably one person that would use the layout. But if you want to attract a lot of people to using something that you've designed. It should appeal to more than just a certain person. Try thinking outside the boxes. Open up your imagination a bit more.

hmmm okay.
thanks
no its not from another layout.i really was
messing around making patterns and trying them
and what is it.besides being more creative?
to get better at it.
Mikeplyts
It just looks REALLY beginner-ish and the fonts aren't such a great choice. It also looks pretty busy and nothing really flows in the layout. You should clean it up some, choose some better eye-appealing fonts, and make everything flow together.
manny-the-dino
Yeah definitely start over. What was your theme with this layout? I don't really see one. _unsure.gif I'm not really feeling the gray and red, tbh. And the fonts... change them. Please. Like Thomas said, stick to 2 fonts. 3 the most.
Maccabee
Yes.

Thought I would just throw out there, that there are more myspace divs then there are myspace users...
heyo-captain-jack
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 16 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Yes.

Thought I would just throw out there, that there are more myspace divs then there are myspace users...

I don't think so.
Maccabee
QUOTE(jcp @ Jul 16 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Yes.

Thought I would just throw out there, that there are more myspace divs then there are myspace users that actually use them mainly because 50 percent of them suck.

emberfly
QUOTE(tcunningham @ Jul 16 2009, 04:23 AM) *
Yes.
MoneyIsDaMotive
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Jul 16 2009, 05:13 AM) *
It just looks REALLY beginner-ish and the fonts aren't such a great choice. It also looks pretty busy and nothing really flows in the layout. You should clean it up some, choose some better eye-appealing fonts, and make everything flow together.

yeahh i kno .
i know at first it wasnt good.shitty,
but how can i get better?

Yeah definitely start over. What was your theme with this layout? I don't really see one. _unsure.gif I'm not really feeling the gray and red, tbh. And the fonts... change them. Please. Like Thomas said, stick to 2 fonts. 3 the most.

well i like designs that looks like its on top of something.
and like i said i really was practicing making patterns.

Mikeplyts
Try taking a look at some tutorials online.

One place I REALLY like is Psd Tuts+.
MoneyIsDaMotive
QUOTE(Mikeplyts @ Jul 17 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Try taking a look at some tutorials online.
One place I REALLY like is Psd Tuts+.

i bookmarked that one....thats....wow i gotta get a lil better
jiyong
QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Jul 16 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I'm not really feeling the gray and red, tbh.
This. If you're in need of some colour schemes, this site will generate several schemes based on one colour you choose. Atomic Affliction also has some amazing colour palettes you can choose from.

As for design, like the others said, your patterns clash. Instead of two "busy-looking" patterns, like you have now, try using one busy pattern and one simple, minimal pattern. It would be a little easier on the eyes (;

Font choice could be better. I'd choose fonts that are more simple in design and cleaner-looking. This would also improve the overall feel of the layout, not just the titles.

Best thing you could do is to keep practicing, and keep asking other people for their advice. Sometimes I'd make a layout that I thought was perfect and it ended up that nobody else liked it. If you're planning to submit to Createblog or have other people use your layouts, it's important that your design is appealing not just to yourself, but to other Internet users. Just keep trying (:
res8zenith
its a good structure, i don't think you should dump it
work with it, experiment an see what you can come up with
dark colors would work wonders on that design, but going
with the gray, black, and bright red, TOO OLD SKOOL 4 ME.
LaRachel
I think the real question here is what is "hatere"?
MoneyIsDaMotive
haha just close this topic please&&thankyou
manny-the-dino
Topic Closed and Moved
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.