Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Hide Label Field in IE
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
moosle
Hey all, thanks for your help. I need to hide the label field in IE, it is forcing my left column to be too wide and overlapping my bg image. I have added the code;

CODE
<style>
tr[id="Record LabelRow"] {display:none !important;}
tr[id="Type of LabelRow"] {display:none !important;}
</style>

to the "bio" section along with the bulk of my customized code, and it is doing it's job in FF and Safari, but just not IE. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is the page I am working on, Layout Test
Mickey
Replace the code you're using with this:

CODE
<style>
.lightbluetext8 {display:none;}
td {width:0px; padding:0px;}
</style>

That should do the trick on all browsers.
synatribe
if it's an internet explorer problem try this
CODE
<style>
_tr[id="Record LabelRow"] {display:none !important;}
_tr[id="Type of LabelRow"] {display:none !important;}
</style>
synatribe
oo thanks Mike, that completely slipped my mind,

sorry OP, yea my code wont work
moosle
thanks for the help, I am still having the same issue though. Adding the code;

CODE
<style>
.lightbluetext8 {display:none;}
td {width:0px; padding:0px;}
</style>

did bring the profile photo and "last login" area back over into the bg area, but it didn't hide the label field and it's still forcing the rest of the content too wide. I can easily remedy this by just widening the bg some, but it's sort of a mission now and I'd rather hide the field if at all possible. I really appreciate the help from you guys!!
moosle
yeah, sorry. I am wanting to hide the entire field where it is currently saying "unsigned". not just the titles. The overall issue is that the label field is showing up just to the right of my lefthand column, therefore forcing the page to be too wide. So really i'm just trying to avoid that from happening. Ultimately I'd like to hide that whole field, but even if I could just force the field to align=left underneath the left column then i'd be happy. does that make sense? again, thanks for your help!!
Mickey
Put this in the Record Label area:

CODE
</tr></td></table><table style="display:none;">

That should remove the "Unsigned" text.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.